What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah Reynolds and Walker are a much better combo than Reynolds and Cronk because its better to have halves that are opposites than halves that are the same. All about balance.

callmack1

Staff member
Rumours that Dave Tyrell and Jason Clark are both being moved on at the end of this season. They're probably gonna take deals over at England to extend their careers and earn some more $$$. There's definitely changes coming.
You bet me too it lol. I'm no surprised tbh, although Clark hasn't been doing too bad.

A sign that we're trying to free up some space for some other forwards?

On a side note, we must make a play for Latrell Mitchell.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well it's confusing because that must indicate their wages have a decent impact on the salary cap. I'm really curious to find out what's happening to the burgii trio. I really really really don't want to lose sam

callmack1

Staff member
Well it's confusing because that must indicate their wages have a decent impact on the salary cap. I'm really curious to find out what's happening to the burgii trio. I really really really don't want to lose sam
I don't want to loose him either. No one does.

It sounds like no Burgess' are going anywhere atm.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not completely against the Cronk signing tbh. I think he could honestly turn our team into a premiership winning team. I don't want to sacrifice our whole roster for him though.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I'm not completely against the Cronk signing tbh. I think he could honestly turn our team into a premiership winning team. I don't want to sacrifice our whole roster for him though.
im not sure we'd have to. How much is the cap going up by for next year? Plus a player like Cronk would crush it in TPA'S

DiegoNT

First Grade
im not sure we'd have to. How much is the cap going up by for next year? Plus a player like Cronk would crush it in TPA'S
Cap was las rumoured to be $9.14m for a 30 man squad plus 6 rookies. Minimun wage would be $125k. I'm unsure if the 6 rookies came under the cap.
It's all still being negotiated though.

themacemaceman

Juniors
If AJ and Gray want overs they can get nicked!!!!

Hunt was very good the other night so I hope he keeps it up.

Callmack I'd be re-signing both Sutto and Goodwin for the 2018 season.

We should also be chasing Addo Carr. If we miss out on him we should keep Gray but for the right price not overs.

We many need to send George packing too for a good prop in return.

I wouldn't be shocked at all Callmack if we make a play for Latrell Mitchell.

Callmack, alien and Shadow I hope you look at my PM's and get back to me with your views!!!!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
I agree with all of this R20.
I'm a fan of Gray but he's been injured a lot so maybe that's going to take away some of his bargaining power.
This may work in the clubs favour.

Cronk would be good if we signed him to a post footy coaching career. The guy oozes tactical nous. Would think a media career beckons though he might be able to juggle both.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Thing about Cronk is that he's pure work ethic. A lot of our players could learn something from him. I would love to see a Reynolds/Cronk combination. We do have bigger issues to fix than the halves but the thought is nice.

Travitoh

First Grade
Having cronk and Reynolds in the same side would be stupid. The are both similar players, game manager's with good kicking games who like to control the game.
Yeah Reynolds and Walker are a much better combo than Reynolds and Cronk because its better to have halves that are opposites than halves that are the same. All about balance.

Goes alright when playing alongside JT.

We should make a play for Latrell and be sure to involve GI in the negotiations.