What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Rabbits20

Immortal
The biggest problem with Bennett there is that he's a f**king hypocrite. He's gone off at the bunker multiple times for not getting the right decision. His credibility just falls more and more each season.
Oi read the first comment amongst the 37 comments. That guy nails it.

alien

Referee
GI 1 million
AR- 600k
Burgess twins- 1 mil
S Burgess 800k

3.4 mil of the cap. NICE!

That $1 million for GI is hurting us big time, and could hurt us for the rest of his contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds was on $650,000 and George was on $600,000.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
As for what happened at Coffs with Rusty, as the owner of Souths, he had the right to tell McInnes his thoughts and that goes for Keary. In fact, he shouldn't have stopped with those two. He should have continued with Reynolds, AJ, Turner, Clark, Sutton and the Twins. The down side of that, it is not good for moral. They're already playing crap, giving them an ear full might push them to quit or worse, it could lead to depression. We do not know how well these players cope with stress.
He is part owner of Souths, and he might have the right to, but I think he should keep stuff like that to the coach. Maybe Rusty can help the club sign some more quality players.

CAFPOW

Juniors
He is part owner of Souths, and he might have the right to, but I think he should keep stuff like that to the coach. Maybe Rusty can help the club sign some more quality players.

I think Rusty has the right to tell the players his thoughts but maybe his approach was wrong. Who knows. I think I now understand how Madge treats his players. He treats them how a real father would treat his own child. If they did something wrong, they go to a naughty corner, I don't think Madge or Furner would go WWE on them like a Bellyache or Hasler would.

alien

Referee
I think Rusty has the right to tell the players his thoughts but maybe his approach was wrong. Who knows. I think I now understand how Madge treats his players. He treats them how a real father would treat his own child. If they did something wrong, they go to a naughty corner, I don't think Madge or Furner would go WWE on them like a Bellyache or Hasler would.
If Rusty is telling the players what to do, I just hope it doesn't conflict with what Madge is telling them.

CAFPOW

Juniors
If Rusty is telling the players what to do, I just hope it doesn't conflict with what Madge is telling them.

That's the caveat. Rusty telling them players his thoughts could have a negative effects. On the bright side, since the Coffs debacle, there's no news of Rusty talking to players since then but with our luck, 3-4 more loses I could see Rusty might give a playersor 2 an earfull before the end of the season :)

southsport

First Grade

I think Rusty should go through the chain of command, the CEO and coach, he hasn't got the diplomatic skills that are necessary to address the players personally in the manner that happened.

doyen

Bench
I think Rusty should go through the chain of command, the CEO and coach, he hasn't got the diplomatic skills that are necessary to address the players personally in the manner that happened.

I think we are already seeing the results of the stern disciplinary approach ie. v/good young players like Keary & McInnes,for eg,who came through our Jnrs to rep at the highest level amongst their young peers & who are jumping ship to jump-start their careers at other clubs where the coaches more appreciate their natural talents!!

I think the word is also getting to other good players to avoid STHS because of the above.

Big money talks, so we,of course, may get top players if we pay top,TOP $$$$$$$!!

Let's hope these[probably overpaid] players earn their keep,IF,IF we attract a couple!!!

Personally,at this stage,I think we'll continue to get the dregs---IE.the players that other clubs are not strongly pushing for!!!!!
Thankfully I think the reins are being loosened on the field, with Cody leading the way, but the smell of the off field shit is still lingering in the Redfern air!!! And it's hurting our club!!
The trouble with Rusty is that he is a bighead, a pisshead & has a big-mouth so not the greatest combo for keeping his nose out of football business!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think we are already seeing the results of the stern disciplinary approach ie. v/good young players like Keary & McInnes,for eg,who came through our Jnrs to rep at the highest level amongst their young peers & who are jumping ship to jump-start their careers at other clubs where the coaches more appreciate their natural talents!!

I think the word is also getting to other good players to avoid STHS because of the above.

Big money talks, so we,of course, may get top players if we pay top,TOP $$$$$$$!!

Let's hope these[probably overpaid] players earn their keep,IF,IF we attract a couple!!!

Personally,at this stage,I think we'll continue to get the dregs---IE.the players that other clubs are not strongly pushing for!!!!!
Thankfully I think the reins are being loosened on the field, with Cody leading the way, but the smell of the off field shit is still lingering in the Redfern air!!! And it's hurting our club!!
The trouble with Rusty is that he is a bighead, a pisshead & has a big-mouth so not the greatest combo for keeping his nose out of football business!!
I'm still very comfortable with how the club let Keary and McInnes go.

Keary would have cost more than Cody and I believe Cody is the better of the 2.

As for McInnes we've discussed this over and over again so there isn't much point going there again.

CAFPOW

Juniors

That's the thing, weren't the team at Rusty's place? Maybe, he doesn't have the diplomatic skills to address the players but I am sure he can see where his money is well spent where his money going down the toilet and what if Keary is not listening to the CEO and Coach? How can someone demand $700k pay rise after a poor season?

doyen

Bench
That's the thing, weren't the team at Rusty's place? Maybe, he doesn't have the diplomatic skills to address the players but I am sure he can see where his money is well spent where his money going down the toilet and what if Keary is not listening to the CEO and Coach? How can someone demand $700k pay rise after a poor season?

The question is why did Keary perform so badly with us in 2016 but is now killing it in 2017!!

That's the burning question & I think it was because his natural attacking game was being stifled by Maguire!! He looks a completely different & relaxed player now & it's evident on the paddock.

I don't know what Keary is being paid at the Roosters but I'm sure they're more than happy with his contributions thus far!!

And it didn't help things one iota having Rusty kick him while was down; probably due to not much fault of his own!!

Luckily we now have a terrific player in Cody who is a free spirit & prepared to use all of his God-given talent;despite Madge!!

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
The question is why did Keary perform so badly with us in 2016 but is now killing it in 2017!!

That's the burning question & I think it was because his natural attacking game was being stifled by Maguire!! He looks a completely different & relaxed player now & it's evident on the paddock.

I don't know what Keary is being paid at the Roosters but I'm sure they're more than happy with his contributions thus far!!

And it didn't help things one iota having Rusty kick him while was down; probably due to not much fault of his own!!

Luckily we now have a terrific player in Cody who is a free spirit & prepared to use all of his God-given talent;despite Madge!!

You're right. I missed that part about Rusty kicking Keary while he was down. We don't know the full story with what happened at Coffs, but if Rusty is pissed off at Keary, usually when someone is pissed off, reasoning goes out the window.

Latest posts