What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Curns13

Juniors
No but it makes Sutton good value. If you lose Sutton he has to be replaced still.
The 'Long Serving Player Allowance' makes Sutto such good value. If he were to leave than we could use that money on Reyno or Inglis or even the twins and have another 300K to spend in our salary cap. As the NRL website states "Also included is a Long Serving Player Allowance ($300K) per Club for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup." All of those players (except Tom I think) will be eligible for it as of next season.

southsport

First Grade
Status atm seems to be:

1 Gagai signed
2. Cody contract upgrade
3. Gray undecided
4. AJ to tigers
5. Tom to take better offer elsewhere
6. Rochow to ESL

Pommy

Coach
The 'Long Serving Player Allowance' makes Sutto such good value. If he were to leave than we could use that money on Reyno or Inglis or even the twins and have another 300K to spend in our salary cap. As the NRL website states "Also included is a Long Serving Player Allowance ($300K) per Club for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup." All of those players (except Tom I think) will be eligible for it as of next season.

Ok I thought it was longer than 6 years.

rabbitohs95

Bench
A bit random but does anyone reckon we might be trying to move Cody to fullback to accomodate Adam Doueihi in the near future?

DummyHalfScoot

Juniors
But he played FB for the Bears at the weekend?
This kid is so far away from a first grader it's not funny. Cost the Bears a win on the weekend with an intercept for the 3rd week in a row. His intercept cost them against Warriors a few weeks back also. Can't cry on the field at NRL!

The other big signing for next year is Farah as his tigers subsidy ends and Souths cough up the $600k, unless he or Cook leave, watch this space!

alien

Referee
The other big signing for next year is Farah as his tigers subsidy ends and Souths cough up the $600k, unless he or Cook leave, watch this space!

$600,000 isn't too much for an Origin hooker, especially since the salary cap is going up, and Cook wouldn't be on too much. I hope we keep both for next season. Are you sure it's $600,000 though??? I heard it is $500,000 for his last season with Souths.

DiegoNT

First Grade
This kid is so far away from a first grader it's not funny. Cost the Bears a win on the weekend with an intercept for the 3rd week in a row. His intercept cost them against Warriors a few weeks back also. Can't cry on the field at NRL!

Would souths be tempted to move cook on and just have dietz as back up

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Oh good.

Nathan Brown was saying something the other day about a Sydney club being able to get the TPA's that the Knights can't.

So you reckon about 550 out of our cap and 100k TPA's?????? If that's the case I'm fine with that.

Re Sam he takes 800k out of our cap and TPA's come on the side separately?????

(He's worth the 800).
I don't know how much is TPAs but I can confirm it's not the 700k some media has been reporting. Sometimes I wonder if they report over inflated salaries when it suits them. For example it was all over the news that Milford was offered 1.2mil a year to go to the Storm, then after he re-signed with Broncos it was reported that Storm never tabled him a formal offer. So either the reporters are trying to stir the pot OR player agents are giving out fake figures to boost their clients salary even more. Either way you get my point RE: Gagais salary.

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't know how much is TPAs but I can confirm it's not the 700k some media has been reporting. Sometimes I wonder if they report over inflated salaries when it suits them. For example it was all over the news that Milford was offered 1.2mil a year to go to the Storm, then after he re-signed with Broncos it was reported that Storm never tabled him a formal offer. So either the reporters are trying to stir the pot OR player agents are giving out fake figures to boost their clients salary even more. Either way you get my point RE: Gagais salary.

Having seen how Ari Gold operates, I'd suggest nost rumours are the agents leaking fake news to the media in an attempt to either create interest, force a clubs hand or drive the price up

Travitoh

First Grade
Would souths be tempted to move cook on and just have dietz as back up

I don't know how highly Deitz is rated but i would think we'd move on Robbie first, otherwise we're most likely looking for a hooker again 12 months later

CAFPOW

Juniors
According to the Telecrap, Walker has a new agent. I guess, this is how Walker's new agent negotiate. Give my client more cash or he will walk out with 1 yr left on his contract.

According to the Telecrap, Walker has a new agent. I guess, this is how Walker's new agent negotiate. Give my client more cash or he will walk out with 1 yr left on his contract.

Yes, but I thought Walker had 2 years left.

At his age, he wouldn't want to languish at the North Sydney Bears.

Latest posts