What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
I never said let Cody go. I said he will be upgraded and you'd think he'll stay but if he's still not happy there are other options. Cody isn't worth the 600k he's asking for/apparently been offered. He hasn't played any rep footy and has barely been in first grade for two years. Cody is probably worth 400k. If it comes down to it I'd rather pay 1mil for a solid game manager with origin and premiership experience than be pushed to pay 600k for a 28 year old with only 2 seasons under his belt. It's not about how much money it costs your cap it's about the value that money provides.

Wasn't it Bennett that said he would pay $600k?..........probably trying to push his price up so it leaves Souths with less cap.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Wasn't it Bennett that said he would pay $600k?..........probably trying to push his price up so it leaves Souths with less cap.
I think so. Playing games. He only offered Cody 200k last year. Imagine if he'd actually signed for them. He'd be in the same position now except we have him on 260k next year.

Look he's gonna get an upgrade but I think he wants to see the figures now rather than later. Hopefully the NRL resolves the cap stuff soon so we can lock him in and move on to other signings.

Rsag85

Bench
Souths are currently in a bit of a mess.

We seem to just have 1 reasonable signing in Gagai and that's it.

On compassionate grounds GI could very well go.

Cody is pissed off and I don't blame him. The fact the Broncos and Storm are lining up to pay him 600k a season what does that tell you??????? Hellloooooo since when do those 2 clubs want a player of ours????????

If we lose Cody it is one big fug up.

The Mole is reporting Souths have today declined an increase on his contract.

We also could be losing Gray which would definitely be a loss.

AJ wants to walk.

Goodwin possibly retiring along with Sutto.

Who will want out next???? Soon will Musgrove be pissed off?????

NRL is becoming a joke with contracts and all meaning jack shit.

Also with Tyrrell going which is what we want and Clark possibly on the outer nad Rochow rumoured to be going to UK we ain't even signing anyone.

At this rate we will be saying to super loyal and a guy with integrity in Sutto that we do need him next season and he could very well be needed at 5/8. I mean who else can we get besides Mortimer who isn't as good as Sutto????

We can't afford Cronk either and it'd be silly wasting money on him as we'd have the shittiest depth in the comp.

Cody had the chance to go else where last year he agreed on a 3 year contract should blame the club for his decision.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Cody Walker's current contract value is fair enough. Souths should not be upgrading him too much. Souths are currently 12th on the ladder and have had several games this season where they only scored 1 try. So the attack has been failing and Cody Walker is part of that failing attack

Souths main problems in attack have been Reynolds has been poor and Johnston is a poor fullback. Also Cook has never proven himself as an NRL hooker. Walker has been better than these guys but it has been more the case that the others have been bad rather than Walker being outstanding

ThingFish

Juniors
If it really was out of Cronk or Cody, sorry Cody but you can go shove your money moves up ya arse. Cronk is not only a better player now, he will be a better player in his 40s.

That's the professionalism our dressing room needs. He would be an awesome influence on Reno.

AJ sorry mate you are not a fullback. If someone wants to give ya 600k to play fullback, see ya later pal. All you are is a really good winger.

The pommy winger Burgess is free next year, love to see him back to replace AJ.

Gotta keep Gray somehow, but we could loose AJ, Cody and even GI. f**k being a club that pays overs ever again.

southsport

First Grade
Where's this talk about Souths signing Cronk coming from?

Gray might be off the sharks radar now that they've signed Dugan.

Galeforce

Bench
Cody to the Dragons if we don't upgrade his contract

that is crap rumour.
We have a contract and he can only go elsewhere if we release him.
Why would we release him unless we had a cheaper better alternative?
If he was not happy then he could adjust his attitude at Norths.
Truth is we should upgrade his contract , however there is NO way he goes anywhere until his contract is up , unless we see an advantage to release him.

CAFPOW

Juniors
What if this Walker wanting to have an upgrade on his contract or he will walk out news is just something the media grabbed out of thin air, hoping to destabilise our team, hoping we would lose against the Storm? Negativity is today's media bread and butter.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Where's this talk about Souths signing Cronk coming from?

Gray might be off the sharks radar now that they've signed Dugan.

I don't think they're solid rumours. us signing Cronk does make a lot of sense if GI ends up leaving though. We can shift Gagai/Walker to fullback and play Cronk at 7 with Arey at 6 and just let them both roam. Adam does need to run more as well because he has a good running game having Cronk in the team will alleviate the pressure on him having to do all the kicking. Plus Cronk wants to be in Sydney and Madge has a similar coaching style to Bellamy.

Latest posts