What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bird only wants to stay because we have Dugan. Flanno has specifically told Bird we cannot accommodate him on his Broncos deal.
There is no point speculating on money at the moment as we don't even know what the cap is.
Us, you, Penrith, Manly, Cowboys and Wests are working at the lower end of what we think the cap will be next year, where as other clubs are recruiting for what will be the upper end of the cap.

If it goes higher than expected we will be right in getting Maloney and Gray over the line.

What about Brisbane? ;)

southsport

First Grade
Bird only wants to stay because we have Dugan. Flanno has specifically told Bird we cannot accommodate him on his Broncos deal.
There is no point speculating on money at the moment as we don't even know what the cap is.
Us, you, Penrith, Manly, Cowboys and Wests are working at the lower end of what we think the cap will be next year, where as other clubs are recruiting for what will be the upper end of the cap.

If it goes higher than expected we will be right in getting Maloney and Gray over the line.

OK, thanks for your input.

Travitoh

First Grade
Looks like we're persisting with Cody then! Give him his upgrade so he doesn't try and throw matches!

If he's trying to throw matches then he can f**k right off. His form has been shit ever since the discussion of his upgrade has started and quite frankly, i don't believe he deserves one. Screams out of a brat not getting his own way.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If he's trying to throw matches then he can f**k right off. His form has been shit ever since the discussion of his upgrade has started and quite frankly, i don't believe he deserves one. Screams out of a brat not getting his own way.

Cody is one of the players that I wouldn't let go. I couldn't name any players in our team that could of scored a try like Walker did on the weekend. Maybe Goodwin but that's about it. Cody has the X factor that can turn games on its head. If Souths are serious about targeting a premiership in the next few years it will have to be with a player like Cody at 5/8th. When he was playing at 5/8th at the start of the competition he was the best in the league stat wise. He has been playing out of position so you can't really blame him for dropping form. We already lost Keary due to his demand for more money do we really want to lose Walker when he is probably only seeking 500k a year? As a Souths Supporter with Souths best chances of winning at interest I would keep Walker happy but don't let him push us too hard. Let's be realistic Cody is worth far more than 300k. if Reynolds is on 700k then I think an upgrade is definitely fair for Cody..

callmack1

Staff member
Cody is one of the players that I wouldn't let go. I couldn't name any players in our team that could of scored a try like Walker did on the weekend. Maybe Goodwin but that's about it. Cody has the X factor that can turn games on its head. If Souths are serious about targeting a premiership in the next few years it will have to be with a player like Cody at 5/8th. When he was playing at 5/8th at the start of the competition he was the best in the league stat wise. He has been playing out of position so you can't really blame him for dropping form. We already lost Keary due to his demand for more money do we really want to lose Walker when he is probably only seeking 500k a year? As a Souths Supporter with Souths best chances of winning at interest I would keep Walker happy but don't let him push us too hard. Let's be realistic Cody is worth far more than 300k. if Reynolds is on 700k then I think an upgrade is definitely fair for Cody..
Great post mate

Travitoh

First Grade

Adam Reynolds is 6 months younger, is a premiership winning halfback and deserved State of Origin rep. He has earnt his $700k contract.
Cody Walker signed a new deal late last year but on the back of some good form in the opening month or two of the season wants more and now appears disinterested. Who's to say he isn't this seasons Moses M'Bye?
Maybe he does deserve more but based on his current form and seemingly questionable attitude since the news broke, i wouldn't be in a hurry to renegotiate a new deal when he is less than 12 months in to the current one.
He can play fullback very well, we saw that last season when he was put back there, so the "out of position" claims don't hold much chop. It's not like he's been shunted to the wing or been put at hooker. FB and 5/8 are not to dissimilar from each other, hence why you see guys who are capable of playing both at an NRL standard.
It's not like he was carrying us when in the halves anyway. In his time at the club we've been a losing side, he disappeared against Bulldogs and was nonexistent when we played the chooks and i don't think he's had a true 80 minute performance playing at 6 or 7.
If he wants a raise, he needs to show us why he deserves one with results on the park. Otherwise there are plenty of other guys at the club who probably already deserve more than they're currently getting

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Adam Reynolds is 6 months younger, is a premiership winning halfback and deserved State of Origin rep. He has earnt his $700k contract.
Cody Walker signed a new deal late last year but on the back of some good form in the opening month or two of the season wants more and now appears disinterested. Who's to say he isn't this seasons Moses M'Bye?
Maybe he does deserve more but based on his current form and seemingly questionable attitude since the news broke, i wouldn't be in a hurry to renegotiate a new deal when he is less than 12 months in to the current one.
He can play fullback very well, we saw that last season when he was put back there, so the "out of position" claims don't hold much chop. It's not like he's been shunted to the wing or been put at hooker. FB and 5/8 are not to dissimilar from each other, hence why you see guys who are capable of playing both at an NRL standard.
It's not like he was carrying us when in the halves anyway. In his time at the club we've been a losing side, he disappeared against Bulldogs and was nonexistent when we played the chooks and i don't think he's had a true 80 minute performance playing at 6 or 7.
If he wants a raise, he needs to show us why he deserves one with results on the park. Otherwise there are plenty of other guys at the club who probably already deserve more than they're currently getting
AR has done squat since 14 and as an elite athlete should perform have u honestly been watching him general kicks in play garbage all he does is catch and pass the last 1.5 games he put in his first half was crap and he dosent dominate or steer the team not worth the 7k

Travitoh

First Grade
AR has done squat since 14 and as an elite athlete should perform have u honestly been watching him general kicks in play garbage all he does is catch and pass the last 1.5 games he put in his first half was crap and he dosent dominate or steer the team not worth the 7k

Since 2014? Is that why he was in the Origin discussion for 2015 and earnt a Blues jersey in 2016.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Depends on if we cut out the guys who need to go and depends on getting a few signings we need.

I don't think we need Maloney.

Use Cody and AR in the halves. But Mortimer as a back up half.

We need 2 more good backs and then we need at least 1 good prop!!!!!!!!!!
Mate I read the other day that Mortimer is off to England ASAP