What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

doyen

Bench
No.9 is our biggest problem--both Farah & Cook are NOT the answer for us & we need to be looking out for someone better;much better!!

Robbie is quick between the ears but has become slow of feet;he is past his best!

Cook is quick of feet but he is decidedly slow between the ears--he lacks the guile necessary to be a top player in that position--in this guile area COOK is "thickuss brickuss."

Ideally,a top hooker should be a combo of speed & brains[at the very best that is]----but the No.1 quality is to be quick between the ears ala Cameron Smith!!

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
No.9 is our biggest problem--both Farah & Cook are NOT the answer for us & we need to be looking out for someone better;much better!!

Robbie is quick between the ears but has become slow of feet;he is past his best!

Cook is quick of feet but he is decidedly slow between the ears--he lacks the guile necessary to be a top player in that position--in this guile area COOK is "thickuss brickuss."

Ideally,a top hooker should be a combo of speed & brains[at the very best that is]----but the No.1 quality is to be quick between the ears ala Cameron Smith!!

Get McInnes back

Rsag85

Bench
Sorry I don't think he's up for it.

Imo he is an ordinary hooker with deficiencies. He gives slow service!!!!

Cook is much sharper.

Cam McInnes has the goods imo

Any way we have young P.Hunt coming up in the u20s hopefully we can hold onto him and release Farah at the end of the year

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I haven't noticed commentators favour cook over farah.
Maybe at the start of the year. But now that cook had his crack and has now lost out to farah again that talk has mostly disappeared. Maybe it's a channel 9 thing ( i watch fox).
I think many like cook for what they think he can be. The problem is he just does not match the hype. When the forwards get going when cook is on many attribute it to him. Yet similarly when they fail to fire he is absolved of blame. Other hookers we've had it's the opposite. When they get a roll on the hooker gets no credit, Yet if the forwards are being bludges it's all the hookers fault. It's because people are trying to project cook on what they want him to be and not being honest what he really is

Oh that makes sense I always watch it on channel 9. I tend to hear Andrew johns always having massive wraps on cook. I think you can argue both cook and farah's strengths and flaws all day long but the reality is we have lost Luke, Api and Peats. The insanity of that is beyond me. Then we let go mcinnes as well who the club obviously had a lot of faith in since they let api and Luke go. I would be happy to play Farah at number 9, for 80, in the remaining games that we play where we are still a finals chance. I just can't see why the number 9 is a big problem for us tbh. We went on a winning streak last year when the forwards/halves were firing and we can do the same this year with cook or Farah playing I just want to see us win.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think the dragons are about to go on a slide down the ladder and I think it'll prove that it's because their halves aren't firing anymore it has nothing to do with their hooker. Cook, mcinnes, Farah they're all no where near as good as Luke in 2014.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh that makes sense I always watch it on channel 9. I tend to hear Andrew johns always having massive wraps on cook. I think you can argue both cook and farah's strengths and flaws all day long but the reality is we have lost Luke, Api and Peats. The insanity of that is beyond me. Then we let go mcinnes as well who the club obviously had a lot of faith in since they let api and Luke go. I would be happy to play Farah at number 9, for 80, in the remaining games that we play where we are still a finals chance. I just can't see why the number 9 is a big problem for us tbh. We went on a winning streak last year when the forwards/halves were firing and we can do the same this year with cook or Farah playing I just want to see us win.
I'm the opposite.

I'm happy for Cook to play 80.

ThingFish

Juniors
I'd be happy with either hooker. I just want one. They are taking up valuable bench space that could be used for a big body, that helps give the other big bodies breathers during big games.

Plus if you're looking to free up cap space for another big body or two, releasing a certain one of them will help that greatly.

southsport

First Grade
I think the dragons are about to go on a slide down the ladder and I think it'll prove that it's because their halves aren't firing anymore it has nothing to do with their hooker. Cook, mcinnes, Farah they're all no where near as good as Luke in 2014.

A slide for the dragons is quite possible, McCrone got hooked on the weekend.

doyen

Bench
Sorry I don't think he's up for it.

Imo he is an ordinary hooker with deficiencies. He gives slow service!!!!

Cook is much sharper.

Cook is sharp but he doesn't know how to use his scalpel well enough. Whilst Robbie,the eminent surgeon, skilfully uses his lancet & erases the condition, Cookie is there probing away in a bemused fashion & wondering as to which instrument he will utilise!!

Mostly he is too late to rescue the situation["patient"] & the long-term prognosis is very doubtful!!

In the NRL team of the week they named Robbie as hooker, saying;"he probed at the Titan's tiring defence & set up 2 tries"----like the eminent surgeon he is; albiet a senior one.

Last edited:

Latest posts