What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
I disagree...... a very good player/great player would have got his spot back!!!

But a good player doesn't always necessarily win his way back in when the side is on a winning streak!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
As long as we have a fit and firing forward pack I think Reynolds and Cody can do the job in the halves. Time to invest some money into big boppers.

Agreed. We're gonna need a replacement for Tyrell next year as well as gray. I would rather them be upgrades than sideways purchases

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agreed. We're gonna need a replacement for Tyrell next year as well as gray. I would rather them be upgrades than sideways purchases
We need to keep Crichton too.

He won't come cheap.

Probably about 650k a season to keep him.....

Fui must be extended but will be heaps cheaper than Angus....

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd definitely like to see either Jordan Kahu or Gideon Mosby-Gela in for Gray and Adam Blair, Charlie Gubb, Brenton Lawrence, Jeremy Latimore, Agnatius Paasi or Sam Tagataese in for Tyrrell. Wouldn't mind two of them either.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What do you mean Tyrell lol????

Don't you mean Tyrrell???

Hahaha okay for f**ks sake I meant Dave Tyrrell. I only ever refer to fuimaono by fui!! I can't wait till Tyrrell leaves so I don't have to correct my spelling!

I'd definitely like to see either Jordan Kahu or Gideon Mosby-Gela in for Gray and Adam Blair, Charlie Gubb, Brenton Lawrence, Jeremy Latimore, Agnatius Paasi or Sam Tagataese in for Tyrrell. Wouldn't mind two of them either.

Yeah I'm curious to find out the international backs Souths are chasing.

Brenton Lawrence is a pretty underrated player. His speed for a big guy is actually incredible! All of those guys you've listed would be good pick ups though!

I was giving examples..........

Raiders one just came off the top of my head but he'd sure make it at the Titans or Warriors if he'd have pursued staying in the NRL......

Tyrrell or Clark wouldn't be taken by any club at all!!!

Also I find it inappropriate you are posting about a drug on a footy forum...... that's a poor example to kids reading this.....

To me it shows a sign of weakness having to turn to such unwarranted talk......
i hope no kids are reading this Forum with the amount of disrespect giving to our mighty Souths players on here it would not be a good example to them.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
i hope no kids are reading this Forum with the amount of disrespect giving to our mighty Souths players on here it would not be a good example to them.

I seriously doubt kids read these forums. Teenagers maybe.. it would explain a lot about what goes on in here..

R20 does say what a lot of Souths supporters are thinking. It's just way that he disrespects the players that I think gets on the wrong side of people on here. Clark, Tyrell and turner once were all premiership heroes. But so were keary, grevsmuhl, lote, auva'a, Walker, te'o, Luke, Koroisau..

We have lost the real quality since our 2014 side and kept the players that were never going to make a difference to whether we win or we lose. Hopefully this is a learning curve for Souths in the coming years.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
To be honest fellas I really can't see that there is going to be any more action in the signing of forwards this year.
Really who is left on the market that we would consider a astute buy that is going to be one of our best in years to come,there is absolutely no point in a signing just to say we made one.
Upgrades to our young lads in the back row is the way to go.
Now my plan would be what ever cash we can keep aside for a rainy day would be taking a look at who comes off contract at the end of 2018,which I have and the 2 names that standout to me are Coen Hess and Jarred Wallace,just my opinion fellas!

Travitoh

First Grade
To be honest fellas I really can't see that there is going to be any more action in the signing of forwards this year.
Really who is left on the market that we would consider a astute buy that is going to be one of our best in years to come,there is absolutely no point in a signing just to say we made one.
Upgrades to our young lads in the back row is the way to go.
Now my plan would be what ever cash we can keep aside for a rainy day would be taking a look at who comes off contract at the end of 2018,which I have and the 2 names that standout to me are Coen Hess and Jarred Wallace,just my opinion fellas!

Brenton Lawrence would've been great but the truth is we already have a lot of money tied up at prop in the twins so for as long as their current deals run we're probably not likely to get an upgrade in unless we jag one on the cheap.
Luciano Leilua anyone?

rabbitohs95

Bench
2018 squad so far (take the starting lineup with a grain of salt)

1. Dane Gagai
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Greg Inglis (c)
5. Braidon Burns
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Kyle Turner
17. George Burgess

18. Cam Murray
19. Dean Britt
20. Robert Jennings
21. Connor Tracey
22. Sifa Talakai
23. Campbell Graham
24. Adam Doueihi
25. Jesse Arthars

So essentially we need some real experienced senior players that still have some leeway in terms of form. I think the likes of Brenton Lawrence and Adam Blair would be positive on our young guys. Wouldn't mind signing up an experienced half like Tyrone Roberts to help with Connor Tracey and provide backup but I think he deserves to be starting in another team.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
2018 squad so far (take the starting lineup with a grain of salt)

1. Dane Gagai
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Greg Inglis (c)
5. Braidon Burns
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Kyle Turner
17. George Burgess

18. Cam Murray
19. Dean Britt
20. Robert Jennings
21. Connor Tracey
22. Sifa Talakai
23. Campbell Graham
24. Adam Doueihi
25. Jesse Arthars

So essentially we need some real experienced senior players that still have some leeway in terms of form. I think the likes of Brenton Lawrence and Adam Blair would be positive on our young guys. Wouldn't mind signing up an experienced half like Tyrone Roberts to help with Connor Tracey and provide backup but I think he deserves to be starting in another team.
Can't argue with that!

Latest posts