What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

rabbitohs95

Bench
So alien you'd like to keep persisting with all these guys:????

Tyrrell
Jennings
Clark
Talakai (at centre)
Turner
Johnston
Gray (regularly injured)
Rochow
Cherrington
Kelly
Moceidreke
Nielsen
Murphy
Fuimaono
Hunt
Tom
George

Geez it's a bloody fair dinkum mess!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrrell - Later
Jennings - Still room for improvement, only 20 ffs
Clark - Keep him til his contract runs out, I think only 1 year left
Talakai - Still room for improvement, only 19 ffs
Turner - Develop him into a middle forward where he's most effective
Johnston - Still room for improvement, only 21 ffs
Gray - Still room for improvement, only 22 ffs
Rochow - See how he goes until midyear, only re-sign him on a 1 year deal
Cherrington - Same as Rochow
Kelly - Same as Rochow and Cherro
Moceidreke - Still room for improvement, only 22 ffs
Nielsen - Isn't even training with us as far as i'm concerned he's out
Murphy - Not contracted with us, don't worry
Fuimaono - Still room for improvement, only 20 ffs
Hunt - Not doing badly but still room for improvement he's only 23
Tom and George - Not too sure what to do here tbh

So realistically the only ones we really should let go are Tyrrell, Nielsen and Murphy who aren't even with us and maybe Rochow, Cherro and Kelly.

The rest are either young or already tied up. I don't see how you can call 20 year olds duds especially considering they haven't had a taste of NRL yet.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Tyrrell - Later

So realistically the only ones we really should let go are Tyrrell, Nielsen and Murphy who aren't even with us and maybe Rochow, Cherro and Kelly.

The rest are either young or already tied up. I don't see how you can call 20 year olds duds especially considering they haven't had a taste of NRL yet.
Can we just copy and paste this whenever the dud list is brought up. Outsanding r95!
You can't just get rid of players easily. You can't bring in players easily. All players are at different stages. Clark is older and knows his place, there is no ego their and he'll work hard. Kelly and Cherrington were late minute additions on smaller 1 year deals, so many youngsters here. If we somehow got rid of all those players the club may never recover

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jennings must fix his defence up ASAP!!!!!!! This was an issue at Penrith and it hasn't been addressed yet!!!!!

Clark, we should've sent him to keep Brown.

Tyrrell, we should've sent him and paid part of his contract to keep Brown.

Talakai imo is a backrower. We shouldn't persist with him at centre.

Turner doesn't break the line or run the ball enough. At the match the other night they called him mediocre in my bay and our new Greenfield!!!!!!!

Moceidreke well welcome our new Talanoa, can score tries but can't catch high balls or defuse grubbers!!!! Someone said this is an issue for him at Norths too!!!!

AJ struggles to tackle. Currently a turnstile and not showing signs of improvement!!!

Gray is always injured it seems and it affects his consistency when on field!!!!

Rochow can't break the line. He's a plodder like Ben Lowe.

Cherrington, no one else would have signed him.

Kelly is a waste of time.

Nielsen bye bye.

Murphy well if we can't sign any backs we may use him and that worries me!!!

Fuimaono I see what you're saying.

Greinke well Wayne didn't want him so he must not be up to it.

Hunt is inconsistent and has errors in him. That's why Bellamy got rid of him!!!! I trust Bellamy' judgement!!!!

It's just frustrating R95. Other teams won't sign the players we do!!!!!

southsport

First Grade
Tyrrell - Later

You nailed it with that post r95. ;)

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Jennings must fix his defence up ASAP!!!!!!! This was an issue at Penrith and it hasn't been addressed yet!!!!!

Turner doesn't break the line or run the ball enough. At the match the other night they called him mediocre in my bay and our new Greenfield!!!!!!!

Moceidreke well welcome our new Talanoa, can score tries but can't catch high balls or defuse grubbers!!!! Someone said this is an issue for him at Norths too!!!!

AJ struggles to tackle. Currently a turnstile and not showing signs of improvement!!!

Gray is always injured it seems and it affects his consistency when on field!!!!

Nielsen bye bye.

Hunt is inconsistent and has errors in him. That's why Bellamy got rid of him!!!! I trust Bellamy' judgement!!!!

rtugde.gif

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Your replying to the comment

But truthfully I do want McInnes back

why on earth would you want dud turtle legs mcinnes back ohhhh i know your pulling my leg you got me rsag well done mate i thought you were serious there for a moment you sure fooled me mate well done lol...Shadow...

alien

Referee
So alien you'd like to keep persisting with all these guys:????

Tyrrell
Jennings
Clark
Talakai (at centre)
Turner
Johnston
Gray (regularly injured)
Rochow
Cherrington
Kelly
Moceidreke
Nielsen
Murphy
Fuimaono
Hunt
Tom
George

Geez it's a bloody fair dinkum mess!!!!!!!!!!

I would be fine with the twins going elsewhere, as long as we aren't paying them to play else where. They have had plenty of time to work on not dropping the ball every game, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I think Inglis will continue to have problems with his leg/s, which means he won't be worth $1,000,000 per year. A lot of those other guys on your list wouldn't be on much, and replacing them with other players on around the same amount of money might not make a lot of difference. I think our problem is we are paying a few players a lot of money and we aren't getting much in return. It is also possible we are paying a few average players more than they are worth.

southsport

First Grade
I would be fine with the twins going elsewhere, as long as we aren't paying them to play else where. They have had plenty of time to work on not dropping the ball every game, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I think Inglis will continue to have problems with his leg/s, which means he won't be worth $1,000,000 per year. A lot of those other guys on your list wouldn't be on much, and replacing them with other players on around the same amount of money might not make a lot of difference. I think our problem is we are paying a few players a lot of money and we aren't getting much in return. It is also possible we are paying a few average players more than they are worth.

GI may not be worth 1 mill per year but he's got it until the end of 2020.

Travitoh

First Grade
Still young, give him time. Won't be taking up much cap space.

Clark is on no where near the money that Brown is earning at Parra. It's not as simple as shipping out a 100k player to keep a 400k player.

Refer to above

Agree. He also isn't a dud. Let the lad develop.

A rock in defence though which is more than we can say about some. He stays for team balance.

Very raw but there is something there. Minimal wage, down the pecking order, worth persisting with in the squad to see what he can become.

He is playing the best he has at FB. This is his first real crack at the position and will learn a lot about it this season i expect.

Our best centre.

Hasn't set the world alight but only on a one year deal. Reassess towards the end of the season.

And would be very cheap as a result. Give him time, i like the sound of him.

Purely here because Tracey did his knee. Won't be here next year.

Nielsen bye bye.
Won't be here next year

Not a Souths player so what's the issue?

We weren't the only club after and that isn't an accident.

Won't be taking much space and will be up at the end of the year. It's up to him.

Could say the same thing about just about anyone. Can play and has a decent workrate for an outside back.

Yes they do, we just don't know anything about the depth at some other clubs