What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

DiegoNT

First Grade
This bullshit talk that we have to many duds Has got to stop. There's no logical way to get rid of those players. Mostbare either contracted or young. Our current squad problem comes down to 2 things

1. Premiership hangover. Every club goes through this. You cannot keep all your stars, players are uparaded as both a reward and to stave off other clubs. No premiership club has been immune to this. It usually hits badly a year or 2 after the premiership.

2. Signing Sam. The manner of which we signed Sam is something we haven't recovered from. Most superstars on big contracts are signed early in the year, it gives a club a whole year to make squad changes to smoothy fit them in. We did the opposite. We signed him so late we had to go through a dramatic squad upheaval to make it work.

These 2 things together have had a huge effect. The wrong things to do now is to try a complete rebuild of the squad. That would just make things worse. We have to play through the pain for now.

The thing that could work in my opinion, is try move on the twins. We also need to make a choice on either farah or cook. Dietz is a good young back-up.

Getting rid of a dud will only get us another dud. Getting rid of a rookie will only get us another rookie. Getting rid or the twins and 1 of our hookers could bag us some quality players.

For example Matt Scott might struggle for a new contract at nqld, if we could get him for George it would be huge. Bulldogs might have some upheaval, if we could somehow get a consistent prop like tolman for tom that would be great. If we could get someone like Tyrone Roberts or Daniel mortimer, a utility half/hooker for one of our hookers (and not re-sign Kelly) that would be great. 3 realistic, practical signings would transform the squad. At full health we'd be

Gi
AJ
Gray
Hunt
Burns
Walker
Reynolds
Scott
Farah/cook
Tolman
Turner
Sutton
Sam

Roberts
Chricton
Clark
Musgrove

Goodwin
Jennings
Talaki
Tracey
Dietz
Murray
Rochow
Tyrell
Cherrington

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Mate I am serious.

upload_2017-3-27_18-26-32.png
Mate I am serious.
images

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
This bullshit talk that we have to many duds Has got to stop. There's no logical way to get rid of those players. Mostbare either contracted or young. Our current squad problem comes down to 2 things

1. Premiership hangover. Every club goes through this. You cannot keep all your stars, players are uparaded as both a reward and to stave off other clubs. No premiership club has been immune to this. It usually hits badly a year or 2 after the premiership.

2. Signing Sam. The manner of which we signed Sam is something we haven't recovered from. Most superstars on big contracts are signed early in the year, it gives a club a whole year to make squad changes to smoothy fit them in. We did the opposite. We signed him so late we had to go through a dramatic squad upheaval to make it work.

These 2 things together have had a huge effect. The wrong things to do now is to try a complete rebuild of the squad. That would just make things worse. We have to play through the pain for now.

The thing that could work in my opinion, is try move on the twins. We also need to make a choice on either farah or cook. Dietz is a good young back-up.

Getting rid of a dud will only get us another dud. Getting rid of a rookie will only get us another rookie. Getting rid or the twins and 1 of our hookers could bag us some quality players.

For example Matt Scott might struggle for a new contract at nqld, if we could get him for George it would be huge. Bulldogs might have some upheaval, if we could somehow get a consistent prop like tolman for tom that would be great. If we could get someone like Tyrone Roberts or Daniel mortimer, a utility half/hooker for one of our hookers (and not re-sign Kelly) that would be great. 3 realistic, practical signings would transform the squad. At full health we'd be

Gi
AJ
Gray
Hunt
Burns
Walker
Reynolds
Scott
Farah/cook
Tolman
Turner
Sutton
Sam

Roberts
Chricton
Clark
Musgrove

Goodwin
Jennings
Talaki
Tracey
Dietz
Murray
Rochow
Tyrell
Cherrington

images

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ah Travitoh Clark is on about 200-250k. They got more after our premiership win.

Tyrrell is on 250k I have heard.

Even if we paid a bit of their contracts to play elsewhere I don't think Brown is on 400k at Parra, probably 350k.

We could have afforded Brown just!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know all about depth at other clubs and who makes their interchange!!!!!!

I've read it all in fact Travitoh.

Nice try though!!!

I know my stuff.

If you can't see that Talakai is a back rower you need spec savers!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be fine with the twins going elsewhere, as long as we aren't paying them to play else where. They have had plenty of time to work on not dropping the ball every game, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I think Inglis will continue to have problems with his leg/s, which means he won't be worth $1,000,000 per year. A lot of those other guys on your list wouldn't be on much, and replacing them with other players on around the same amount of money might not make a lot of difference. I think our problem is we are paying a few players a lot of money and we aren't getting much in return. It is also possible we are paying a few average players more than they are worth.
Well if we wanted them to go we would be paying them partly to go elsewhere. N ther club will pay what we are paying them!!!!

A lot of the other guys on my list wouldn't make it at other clubs. They aren't silly enough to sign players like that. In fact our culture needs to change!!!!! We need a bit more of a cleanout!!!!!!!

We need Richo to look at players who he thinks could take that next step in their career. Find that player and say we believe in you to do this and this is the role you'll play, or find a player who has been on the outs elsewhere and do the same thing!!!!!!!!! Really from that moment inspire that player to go above and beyond!!!!

Look at Broncos, they took Blair and turned him around!!!! They have got Ese'se in brilliant form and he was a no name. Look at how Korbin Sims is going, they had belief in him and it's paid off!!!!

Look at Tetevano killing it at the Roosters. A mate said to me the other day they always find someone do the Roosters!!!!! Always that Samoan tough looking forward they get.

Look at the Storm and how Cheyse Blair is going and Felise Kaufusi. Glasby does a very good job there too!!!

Look how smart the Vaughan signing is for Dragons.

Parra chasing Brown of us was very smart!!!!

The Titans for example getting Jarred Wallace was a master stroke!!!!

Manly signing Taupau was brilliant from them!!!!!!

The list goes on alien.

I could be here all night writing you a novel on this!!!!!! (I ain't kidding either)

Maybe at the end of season we may have to part ways with Madge and have a fresh change!!!!!!!!

I'd be chasing Leilani Latu off Penrith!!!!

He is a player who can go to that next level I believe. At Penrith they ain't starting him!!!!!

Dangle the carrot and let him know he will be given first crack at prop with us and that we believe his strong point is charging onto the ball and getting quick play the balls!!!!! Talk about his ball playing too and his creativity for a big man!!!!!! Richo could tell him he would find a home with us and help the greatest club with richest history in the league become a top 4 force every season etc!!!!!!!

I'd even take Agnatius Paasi off the Titans. He's a player that could become something really big with a fresh change to us!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for outside backs!!!!!!!

HELLO SOUTHS, WAKE UP!!!!! GET OFF YOUR BUMS RICHO and TEAM!!!!!! OTHER CLUBS ARE SMARTER AT THE DANGLING CARROT GAME!!!!!!! WE NEED TO GO ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
You know I made good points there R95!!!!!

I'm on a roll!!!!!!!!!

Even chase Guerra for f**ks sake!!!!!! Tell him with a fresh start and his workrate he can get to origin level again playing with us!!!!

Let him know about running the ball a lot and just getting quick play the balls!!!!!!!

Guerra after all is greater than Turner.

Sam needs help R95. He's going to bust badly if this keeps up!!!!!!!!

Chase:

Latu
Paasi
Guerra

I'm working on it R95!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there is more out there!!!!!!!!

You should throw your 2cents worth into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get serious here!!!!

We can't continue like this.

A new coach will clear some of our trash out.

I understand we can't clear all of it out but half of it must go.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Even chase Matt Scott. A fresh change and he could feel a couple of years younger and get him charging onto the ball and hitting like a brute in defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Another guy we should have chased was Matagi.

The Eels got 2 gooduns there in Brown and Matagi.

They are smart in their recruitment!!!!!!

Dogmatix

Juniors
Last season everyone wanted to get rid of Keary. Keary goes to the Roosters and they are currently undefeated and top of the table. This season everyone wants to get rid of the twins....

Signing Matt Scott and getting rid of the twins or a twin would be madness. Matt Scott has been a good player but he turns 32 this year and has suffered a major knee injury

The twins have shown they can dominate and win games in the past. It is early in the season and big prop forwards struggle for match fitness early in the season. The twins need to be given more time this season before writing them off as a loss

It will be easier for Souths to get the twins back fit and firing again than it will be for Souths to find props of equal quality outside the club

It is also smarter to get rid of those players who cannot dominate an NRL game rather than those who can

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our problem is if George and Tom get worse!!!!!!!
Or stay the same.

Yeah the Matt Scott example wasn't the best but Taupau, Guerra, Latu and Paasi are options.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The twins lost form in 2015, were poor in 2016 and have been diabolical to start 2017. I just can't see how they can turn it around. Keary was called a dud by a few idiots in here, but I think a fair few of us knew he'd go good in a new environment were they matched him with the right partner and used him his abilities to good effect.

Travitoh

First Grade
Ah Travitoh Clark is on about 200-250k. They got more after our premiership win.

Tyrrell is on 250k I have heard.

Even if we paid a bit of their contracts to play elsewhere I don't think Brown is on 400k at Parra, probably 350k.

We could have afforded Brown just!!!!

So if we could've just afforded Brown, who else do we bring in to the 25 man squad to replace the other while remaining under the cap?

Travitoh

First Grade
Rudolf or Cherrington who I believe is outside of our top 25.

So then their wage comes into the equation and we're over the cap and then need to get rid of someone else for a cheaper replacement.
Are you beginning to see the problem here?

Rabbits20

Immortal
So then their wage comes into the equation and we're over the cap and then need to get rid of someone else for a cheaper replacement.
Are you beginning to see the problem here?
No we wouldn't be over the cap.

If we'd have got rid of Clark and Tyrrell and kept Brown then bought in Rudolf we would just be fine I reckon.

Even if we couldn't have kept Brown we should've chased Paasi for example or Latu or chased Prior harder.