What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
The twins lost form in 2015, were poor in 2016 and have been diabolical to start 2017. I just can't see how they can turn it around. Keary was called a dud by a few idiots in here, but I think a fair few of us knew he'd go good in a new environment were they matched him with the right partner and used him his abilities to good effect.

I have no problem with keeping the twins but they have to be paid what they are worth which is most likely substantially less than what they are currently on.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I have no problem with keeping the twins but they have to paid what they are worth which is most likely substantially less than what they are currently on.
I'd love to keep them if they prove they can hold the ball and be consistent.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Mcqueen -> Tigers.

Would like him back but can't seeing us being able to afford him.
Fine with him going there.

Dont need him we have Angus Crichton who is the same size and plays the same positions. Doesnt have as much reach or speed but is tougher and more suited to the forwards.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Why would any first grade standard prop come to Souths knowing his chances are limited because the owners twin stepsons are almost impossible to drop no matter how many tackles they miss and balls they drop

alien

Referee
Farah had has one bad game. His others have been okay.
I thought he was good in Round 2 and 3, but not that good in Round 1 and 4. I think Madge would have told him after the last game to let Reynolds kick the ball more.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Didn't Adam have his contract extended not long back?

That's right. But, unfortunately contracts these days means nothing.
Plus, maybe Richo and co believe we can not afford to have players
who spends most of their time on the sideline injured.

Connor Tracey must be very lucky. We got rid of Goolagong but we
kept Tracy, both injury prone players.

DiegoNT

First Grade
That's right. But, unfortunately contracts these days means nothing.
Plus, maybe Richo and co believe we can not afford to have players
who spends most of their time on the sideline injured.

Connor Tracey must be very lucky. We got rid of Goolagong but we
kept Tracy, both injury prone players.
You can't get a player to move on if he doesn't want to. A club doesn't have to release a player that wants to leave. Both parties have to agree to it. I can't see Reynolds wanting to leave at the moment (unless he got massive offer elsewhere) and I can't see the club wanting to let a great half go with no alternative in sight.

CAFPOW

Juniors
You can't get a player to move on if he doesn't want to. A club doesn't have to release a player that wants to leave. Both parties have to agree to it. I can't see Reynolds wanting to leave at the moment (unless he got massive offer elsewhere) and I can't see the club wanting to let a great half go with no alternative in sight.

That's true. Unfortunately, I think the only reason Madge keeps picking players who are
stagnant these last 3 years, is because he knows them well. It makes sense since his
background as a school teacher. But I don't think that will get him another premiership.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this season is already over. We can not move forward
by keeping stagnant players and recruiting players based on their past performance from
7 years ago.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's true. Unfortunately, I think the only reason Madge keeps picking players who are
stagnant these last 3 years, is because he knows them well. It makes sense since his
background as a school teacher. But I don't think that will get him another premiership.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this season is already over. We can not move forward
by keeping stagnant players and recruiting players based on their past performance from
7 years ago.
That's spot on.

Exactly what I've said. Yet they bag me out for saying it and move my thread on it to the troll cave.

Go figure!!!!!!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
If Aaron woods goes to the bulldogs what happens with James Graham?
I'd love thumper at our club

Pommy

Coach
Why would any first grade standard prop come to Souths knowing his chances are limited because the owners twin stepsons are almost impossible to drop no matter how many tackles they miss and balls they drop

They've both been dropped this season so.......

If Aaron woods goes to the bulldogs what happens with James Graham?
I'd love thumper at our club

Could we afford him? I'd love to see him and Sam in the same club side