What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook gives us much more energy and spark!!!!

Cook is criticised wrongly by quite a few on here.

I thought we shouldn't be criticising our players in so much detail says BR!!!!!........

Apparently that is forbidden yet his gang are doing the same thing!!!!! FACT....

Talk about double standards!!!!!

He is our future hooker!!!!!

Farah should go to ESL next season.

Anyway I spoke to 4-5 guys yesterday and they were saying to me have you noticed Cook is becoming a cult hero figure at our games. The members start chanting and standing and singing songs about how they want Cook on the field!!!!!

The members at the game obviously know their stuff as they see it live and not in the NT!!!!!! FACT........

I love reading other Souths media on the net as the support for Cookie is unrelenting just like at games and in the general street when you say G'Day to fellow members/supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm proud to be apart of the major majority too regarding this!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Come out to a game Callmack soon if you can and you'll see all the love for Cookie at our home games!!!! The members love him and get frustrated with Madge for benchwarming quality!!!! .!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cook gives us much more energy and spark!!!!

Cook is criticised wrongly by quite a few on here.

I thought we shouldn't be criticising our players in so much detail says BR!!!!!........

Apparently that is forbidden yet his gang are doing the same thing!!!!! FACT....

Talk about double standards!!!!!

He is our future hooker!!!!!

Farah should go to ESL next season.

Anyway I spoke to 4-5 guys yesterday and they were saying to me have you noticed Cook is becoming a cult hero figure at our games. The members start chanting and standing and singing songs about how they want Cook on the field!!!!!

The members at the game obviously know their stuff as they see it live and not in the NT!!!!!! FACT........

I love reading other Souths media on the net as the support for Cookie is unrelenting just like at games and in the general street when you say G'Day to fellow members/supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm proud to be apart of the major majority too regarding this!!!!!!!

I think the majority of supporters are okay with running 2 hookers but most people wanna see cook play more minutes. The only thing that Farah brings to the table is kicking because our halves can't kick anymore lol...

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think the majority of supporters are okay with running 2 hookers but most people wanna see cook play more minutes. The only thing that Farah brings to the table is kicking because our halves can't kick anymore lol...
FACTAMUNDO right there mate!!!!!!!!

But but but... they say followed by dribble!!!!!!!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade

I think the fans like him because he is an underdog. They like to think he is treated unfairly by the team. It feeds into the 'i know better than the coach' mindset that settles in when a team goes through a extended losing period. I think fans tend to think that if given the chance, Cook could transform the team and they would be vindicated in their superiority over the coach.

Of course it all falls apart when you consider Cook has been given so many chances to to take the 9 jumper for his self.

I think I've let it be known multiple times I'm not a Goodwin fan. But I'm a realist. If he is the best option then he should be there. Many of the cook fans can't do that. They like the guy and want him to be their no matter what, even at the expense of players who doing better than him. He is definetely got a cult following

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I've got no doubt cook is popular.
Doesn't make him the best choice for the role.

Maybe your right but one would assume that if most people pointed towards cook as the better option then that would be the more correct option. this whole argument is irrelevant if Adam Reynolds doesn't step up anyway. He is the key to winning.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think the fans like him because he is an underdog. They like to think he is treated unfairly by the team. It feeds into the 'i know better than the coach' mindset that settles in when a team goes through a extended losing period. I think fans tend to think that if given the chance, Cook could transform the team and they would be vindicated in their superiority over the coach.

Of course it all falls apart when you consider Cook has been given so many chances to to take the 9 jumper for his self.

I think I've let it be known multiple times I'm not a Goodwin fan. But I'm a realist. If he is the best option then he should be there. Many of the cook fans can't do that. They like the guy and want him to be their no matter what, even at the expense of players who doing better than him. He is definetely got a cult following

I'm not so sure about that. A lot of commentators have also sided with cook over Farah. Whether it's subtle or not.

Goodwin is a good player but signing Gagai over him is a major upgrade. Gagai is one of the best outside backs in the comp I put Goodwin in around the middle of the outside backs.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm not so sure about that. A lot of commentators have also sided with cook over Farah. Whether it's subtle or not.

Goodwin is a good player but signing Gagai over him is a major upgrade. Gagai is one of the best outside backs in the comp I put Goodwin in around the middle of the outside backs.
I haven't noticed commentators favour cook over farah.
Maybe at the start of the year. But now that cook had his crack and has now lost out to farah again that talk has mostly disappeared. Maybe it's a channel 9 thing ( i watch fox).
I think many like cook for what they think he can be. The problem is he just does not match the hype. When the forwards get going when cook is on many attribute it to him. Yet similarly when they fail to fire he is absolved of blame. Other hookers we've had it's the opposite. When they get a roll on the hooker gets no credit, Yet if the forwards are being bludges it's all the hookers fault. It's because people are trying to project cook on what they want him to be and not being honest what he really is

Rabbits20

Immortal

Thanks for taking over!!!!!!

I knew I was wasting my breath.

It's laughable!!!!!!!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I haven't noticed commentators favour cook over farah.
Maybe at the start of the year. But now that cook had his crack and has now lost out to farah again that talk has mostly disappeared. Maybe it's a channel 9 thing ( i watch fox).
I think many like cook for what they think he can be. The problem is he just does not match the hype. When the forwards get going when cook is on many attribute it to him. Yet similarly when they fail to fire he is absolved of blame. Other hookers we've had it's the opposite. When they get a roll on the hooker gets no credit, Yet if the forwards are being bludges it's all the hookers fault. It's because people are trying to project cook on what they want him to be and not being honest what he really is
The other night against the Titans, Ennis and Parker were talking about why does Madge persist with 2 hookers. Aside from the fact it's a valid point they also eluded to the fact that if cook can't crack 1st hooker than there's no point him being on the bench, because as history has shown us, the 2 hooker scenario isn't working.

It's fair to say that these 2 premiership winners may have extensive knowledge of the game. But if someone here suggests similar, they're immediately howled down as trolls or worse.

I'm not saying they're Ennis and Parker are right, but they're not wrong either.

Bottom line, 2 hookers don't work.

callmack1

Staff member
Come out to a game Callmack soon if you can and you'll see all the love for Cookie at our home games!!!! The members love him and get frustrated with Madge for benchwarming quality!!!! .!!!!
I'd love to but I don't think it will happen anytime soon sadly.

Travitoh

First Grade
The other night against the Titans, Ennis and Parker were talking about why does Madge persist with 2 hookers. Aside from the fact it's a valid point they also eluded to the fact that if cook can't crack 1st hooker than there's no point him being on the bench, because as history has shown us, the 2 hooker scenario isn't working.

It's fair to say that these 2 premiership winners may have extensive knowledge of the game. But if someone here suggests similar, they're immediately howled down as trolls or worse.

I'm not saying they're Ennis and Parker are right, but they're not wrong either.

Bottom line, 2 hookers don't work.

For me it isn't even about who the hooker is, just don't pick both as it doesn't work for Souths.

truthslayer

Juniors
Cook was given the starting role over the has-been

If he was any good he would have kept it
I tend to agree , Farrah brings experience, and consistency and his defense are way better than cook, I do get worried if Both Hookers are on in a close game with 10 mins to go. Cook is a livewire but is unpredictable ...I was skeptical of farrah at the start of the season , I have warmed to him after each game..

Rsag85

Bench
R95's Souths 2018 lineup

1. Dane Gagai
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Greg Inglis
5. Braidon Burns
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Sam Burgess
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Cam Murray
17. Tom Burgess

Don't think the two hooker situation is right for our team and our style of play.

We just need the one

What a stupid and childish question, let me guess troll shadow?

Rsag85 is my full name and birthday year
Just for short.

I don't come on here attacking people's names. R20 so you can tell your mate to grow up. His actions is what we call a bully or a cyber troll.
I'm hearing you Rsag85.

I'm a new member as you know, and after my third post the same member has attacked my name, and then his mate likes it. THREE posts in to my LU life!

It's tag team bullying.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi R20..... BR aka stan da dunny man is asking for sympathy from saggy pants and saggy pants will fall for BR"S antics he is blowing up becoz we know he is BR its Priceless R20 he thought he fooled us both but we knew better mate....Shadow...

Latest posts