What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He is a replacement for Dave Tyrrell for sure. There is no way that we plan on playing him in our first 17. We still don't have a full 30 man squad.

I'll only be mad if he's on anything more than minimum wage. He did actually play Australian schoolboys if I remember correctly.

southsport

First Grade
What a joke... nothing's changing under the new coach
There are other better options out there that wouldn't break the bank.
This guy has managed 16 games in last x2 years at the wooden spooners in between being injured

Dynamic, wouldn't these negotiations have started under Madge?

Exsilium

First Grade
Recruitment is a progressive thing. Changing a coach and expecting immediate change and player movement is only going to lead to disappointment. The "game" encourages cycles. Players come and go, coaches move on and teams drop form.

Most teams need 2-3 years to re-evaluate and come to. Shame you didn't start straight after 2014.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Not sure why anyone would expect recruitment to change under the new rookie coach

Richo has been head of recruitment for the last 18 months and he is still there. If you watch the video of Richo talking to the members before Rd 26 he says that Souths' squad is good enough to make the top 8 next season. He said the players just have to lift

So nothing is going to change over the next 12 months with recruitment

handyman2190

Bench
Not sure why anyone would expect recruitment to change under the new rookie coach

Richo has been head of recruitment for the last 18 months and he is still there. If you watch the video of Richo talking to the members before Rd 26 he says that Souths' squad is good enough to make the top 8 next season. He said the players just have to lift

So nothing is going to change over the next 12 months with recruitment
Like i said previously it dosent look like we replace what we lose and what richo said is head in sand stuff we dont have the cattle or depth

doyen

Bench
We're going well--we have Gagai----plus the likes of Arthars,Britt & Stockwell!!

Why would one be worried??!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Lol, why are you doing that?

because none of these coaches that we have make any sense

in fact its very similar to our dumb recruitment

we need to trade madge for hasler

why would we buy siebold/turner/gentle fug me its insane they are not what we need

we need a speedster winger

we need a 1st grade centre to partner gagai such as dylan walker

we need 2 1st grade ball playing off loading props/forwards with 1st grade level of experience such as nathan brown/taupau/napa/vaughan ffs

we dug ourselves a hole full of shiiit players after 2014 and moved on the better players and sacked/released 6 duds,then we buy furner for madge now we buy gentle for furner/siebold what on earth are you doing souths you might fool the fools on here but you dont fool me with your shiiit signings at coaches level i feel like throwing up .

Rabbits20

Immortal
because none of these coaches that we have make any sense

in fact its very similar to our dumb recruitment

we need to trade madge for hasler

why would we buy siebold/turner/gentle fug me its insane they are not what we need

we need a speedster winger

we need a 1st grade centre to partner gagai such as dylan walker

we need 2 1st grade ball playing off loading props/forwards with 1st grade level of experience such as nathan brown/taupau/napa/vaughan ffs

we dug ourselves a hole full of shiiit players after 2014 and moved on the better players and sacked/released 6 duds,then we buy furner for madge now we buy gentle for furner/siebold what on earth are you doing souths you might fool the fools on here but you dont fool me with your shiiit signings at coaches level i feel like throwing up .
Now Stockwell who is worse than Gosiewski who we are apparently letting go......

Stockwell is another Tyrrell........

Waste of time imo.....

I was happy with the Rochow signing and look how that turned out........

I won't be fooled again..... Stockwell is well off the pace and too injury prone.... heck the Knights are even smart enough to let him go.........

There are good times ahead for the Knights but I don't know about us.........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I would be very keen on recruiting Mitchell he is a very good player and can create opportunities whenever he has the ball in hand. GI could tutor him at fullback. Look how much AJ has progressed this season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be very keen on recruiting Mitchell he is a very good player and can create opportunities whenever he has the ball in hand. GI could tutor him at fullback. Look how much AJ has progressed this season.
Yeah Latrell is still so young and his positives outweigh the negatives.....

I'd definitely have him.....

I wouldn't mind Joseph Manu to add depth to our backline as well.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah Latrell is still so young and his positives outweigh the negatives.....

I'd definitely have him.....

I wouldn't mind Joseph Manu to add depth to our backline as well.....

I've already posted all the targets I'd like to see us focus on in shadows thread. Richo reckons they're doing statistical analysis on players to recruit. I don't think recruitment is finished yet however R20!