What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also Souths til I die I believe we were always going to re-sign Sutto. I believe it was Richo' call......

Sutto deserves the chance at 300 too and he's stuck with us through thick and thin.....

He's a bench player now though to have impact and Seibold has too realise that....

I'd also sign Jackson Hastings.....

southsport

First Grade
I've already posted all the targets I'd like to see us focus on in shadows thread. Richo reckons they're doing statistical analysis on players to recruit. I don't think recruitment is finished yet however R20!

I'm optimistic that there will be a couple more signings, but just to fly in the face of popular opinion I think if players are fit and selected in the right position Souths could come up with a solid line-up for 2018 already.

handyman2190

Bench
I'm optimistic that there will be a couple more signings, but just to fly in the face of popular opinion I think if players are fit and selected in the right position Souths could come up with a solid line-up for 2018 already.
There is nothing solid about this lineup every1 was saying that before this season there is no quality players left to recruit and what we have has proven in the last 2 seasons to not do the job dont fool yourselves we are a bottom 2 team and have not bought well stockwell is useless as bad as tyrell even the storm has bought more than us. Gagai couldnt improve newcastle what do you think he is going to be a miracle? We need forwards 2 props at least here we go useing second rowers and clark as props we really need a couple of years of spoon to finally get the bosses to realise the cattle are stunted and need replacement.
Sorry boys

southsport

First Grade
There is nothing solid about this lineup every1 was saying that before this season there is no quality players left to recruit and what we have has proven in the last 2 seasons to not do the job dont fool yourselves we are a bottom 2 team and have not bought well stockwell is useless as bad as tyrell even the storm has bought more than us. Gagai couldnt improve newcastle what do you think he is going to be a miracle? We need forwards 2 props at least here we go useing second rowers and clark as props we really need a couple of years of spoon to finally get the bosses to realise the cattle are stunted and need replacement.
Sorry boys

Handyman, I'm more optimistic than that, with what we already have I believe a reasonable team could be put on the paddock and I think there will be some more solid signings, but players will need to be selected in the best position for the team as a whole and we need GI and Reyno to be on the paddock firing.

doyen

Bench
Beyond 2018 I think we'll be in a good place doyen.
TBH mate,it doesn't worry me too much if they're losing as long as they are playing good,watchable f/ball & trying to WIN games;not just going through the motions with robotic football----it worries me though that there is a suggestion that we're picking/recruiting players based on stats--I hope it's not all this "metre-eater" shit as we'll end up again with a Madgy team of lacklustre footballers knowing nothing better than head down & tail up barge-arsing!!!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Sorry boys

CORRECTAMUNDO...Shadow...

Last edited:
We are in for a long season...

We will be lucky to avoid the spoon.

The coach wasn't the problem but we sacked him anyway. We should now be in a rebuilding phase but instead we've kept the nucleus of our non-performing team and bought one good player.

People sprouting off about Inglis coming back... He's just had a knee reco and will never be the same. Another year older and with no guarantee that he plays anymore football then he did last year.

Sutton hasn't been up to first grade standard for two years and yet we've let him go round again.

Our football department knows we have some glaring issues and yet we've done zero about them. Richo continues to try to find diamonds in the rough by talking to the likes of Stockwell, Carney and Hastings. All the while, we see the Roosters and Sharks trying to pinch the only bright spark we've seen around the club in the past 12 months, Crichton.

I've said it before but I think Richo's future should be linked to this Crichton contract. If Angus leaves then so should Richo.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Souths are not far away from being a competitive side it's just the drop of form of key players. Something that we should seriously consider is signing a back up halfback along the lines of Hastings, carney that can put pressure on Reynolds. He was the most disappointing player in 2017 and I understand he was injured but this is just more reason to sign another half. We're past the stages of relying on Reynolds and GI to win games so it's time they had pressure put on them for their spots. Hastings would be a great signing. I really rated him when he first came into grade for the roosters.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

The coach wasn't the problem but we sacked him anyway. We should now be in a rebuilding phase but instead we've kept the nucleus of our non-performing team and bought one good player.

People sprouting off about Inglis coming back... He's just had a knee reco and will never be the same. Another year older and with no guarantee that he plays anymore football then he did last year.

Sutton hasn't been up to first grade standard for two years and yet we've let him go round again.

Our football department knows we have some glaring issues and yet we've done zero about them. Richo continues to try to find diamonds in the rough by talking to the likes of Stockwell, Carney and Hastings. All the while, we see the Roosters and Sharks trying to pinch the only bright spark we've seen around the club in the past 12 months, Crichton.

I've said it before but I think Richo's future should be linked to this Crichton contract. If Angus leaves then so should Richo.

I think we'll definitely avoid the spoon but I don't think we'll be competitive enough to break the 8. People talk about Newcastle on the up, I really don't see it.. Warriors look even worse for next year after losing Foran. Titans are a basket case. There's teams that are worse off than us.

Yes i was totally against sacking Madge but there's some great coaches in the NRL now that started as assistants. Let's at least give Seibold a chance.

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Without doubt...Shadow...

southsport

First Grade

Look out!!! The sky is falling!

Look out!!! The sky is falling!

Correction... The sky fell last year. Problem now is that no one wants to acknowledge it.

All our money is tied up in players who aren't performing for one reason or another and we are so far behind the pack leaders that it isn't funny.

On top of this we've sacked a coach because he worked the players too hard...

The lunatics are running the asylum and we are going to be a basket case for the foreseeable future as a result.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Richo is the puppeteer and if a young up and comer like Crichton can't see enough upside in the club to stay and decides to leave then Richo should follow him out the door.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Correction... The sky fell last year. Problem now is that no one wants to acknowledge it.

All our money is tied up in players who aren't performing for one reason or another and we are so far behind the pack leaders that it isn't funny.

The lunatics are running the asylum and we are going to be a basket case for the foreseeable future as a result.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Richo is the puppeteer and if a young up and comer like Crichton can't see enough upside in the club to stay and decides to leave then Richo should follow him out the door.

I agree re Crichton and Richo. Richo has admitted in ask the bosses that he is 100% responsible for all decisions football. The salary cap can't be an excuse anymore. Theres no way we don't have money to play with.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I truly hope siebold can help our appalling roster we dont need furner and gentle that dont sit well with me at all i cant be bothered ringing my mate at souths as i know he is already saddened after our 2014 win

madge was not the problem....he had no cattle after 2014....no cattle means no premiership ....

reynolds cant play a full game

inglis has injury issues which is fair enough

id go hard for mitchell to fullback and put inglis in the centres and leave aj on the wing

oi souths read this you released/sacked 6 duds on my 16 players list now sack these non 1st grade duds below:

britt played one game at the storm off the bench so we just bought another dud fellas ....
burns is a dud/non 1st grade player .
clark is a midget prop/forward needs sacking but souths love mediocre players such as clark
farah needs to be released/moved on/ this was a very foolish signing by our dumb recruit/officer...
gosiewski mediocre player oh thats right souths like the mediocre forwards with no rep future
hunt i dont rate him he will never be better than auvaa and he is the opposite of dwalkz in ability
jennings he is mediocre but hey he will be playing in our top 17 throughout next year GULP!!!
talakai please dont tell me he is playing 1st grade again next year GULP AGAIN!!!
turner oh no not turner oh no dont tell me oh no please dont tell me he will be playing in 2018

SUMMARY: FARAH/8 DUDS THAT NEED RELEASING/MOVED ON/.

SOUTHS NEED A BETTER COACH THAN SIEBOLD/FURNER/GENTLE

SOUTHS NEED TO BUY HASLER/ TO SUPPORT SIEBOLD AS A DUO TO HAVE A SERIOUS GO

THE PROBLEM IS WE LET THE CATTLE GO FROM 2014/2017 HOW BIZARRE AND YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF IN THE FORWARDS DEPT DID THEY TRULY THINK THAT MADGE COULD TURN TURNER/CLARK/TYRRELL/GOSIEWSKI/GREINKE/CHERRINGTON/ROCHOW INTO A TEO/MCQUEEN/BROWN HIGH LEVEL OF STANDARD PLAYER AS THESE 3??THEIR OFF THEIR CHOPS IN CHALMERS STREET REDFERN IF THAT WAS THE VISION.....P.S. SOUTHS WE NEED A WINGER/CENTRE/AND 2 1ST GRADE PROPS/RUNNING FLICK PASSING FORWARDS GOT IT!!!...Shadow...

southsport

First Grade

We are better off without Madge imo.

Rumour is that Crichton is happy to stay but his father wasn't happy with the coaching staff this year and is exploring other options.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry boys
Spot on.......

Latest posts