What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Josh cook a young hooker who played SG ball for Souths has been resigned two seasons. He has an impressive CV. If he's being promoted to the top squad I don't like farah's chances of staying at Souths.

Josh cook a young hooker who played SG ball for Souths has been resigned two seasons. He has an impressive CV. If he's being promoted to the top squad I don't like farah's chances of staying at Souths.

Farah is gone after 2018. This will be his last year at Souths for sure. Maybe even his last year of league. I think he will retire.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I don't know anything about this young fellow but I'm fairly certain he won't see first grade this year.
It's more of a succession planning signing I think.
A bit more of this type of signing a few years ago and we probably wouldn't of been in the situation we were in last year.

True. We should have so much salary cap space for 2019 though with Farah and the twins coming off contract. I can see why 2021 is our target for a premiership.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I doubt Richo will let the Twins leave and will probably pay them whatever they want again.

We will be hamstrung for as long as Inglis and the Burgess boys are around.

Farah goes and we'll probably have to tie up his money in keeping Angus.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why is 2021 our target for a premiership?
Has anyone from the club come out and stared as such?

Yeah Richo stated it in ask the bosses. It was 2021 or 2022.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I doubt Richo will let the Twins leave and will probably pay them whatever they want again.

Yeah well if that actually does happen then we know it's time for change. I don't think Richo will be dumb enough to resign George on the same money he's currently earning.

burgibigbash

Juniors
I wouldn't be so sure.

I really don't think the money the Twins are on is any better than the big name props in the game. Penrith signed Tamou for a reported 800k. From all reports that is what Sam is on under the cap.

I don't know what the Twins are on but I don't know that they are to blame for our Salary cap being full.

Having Farah and Sutton taking up 3/4 of a million plus in the salary cap is more of a problem IMO. Having an underperforming halfback on over half a million wouldn't be helping either.
We would have close to 1.5 million tied up just with these three plyers.

callmack1

Staff member
I really don't think the money the Twins are on is any better than the big name props in the game. Penrith signed Tamou for a reported 800k. From all reports that is what Sam is on under the cap.

I don't know what the Twins are on but I don't know that they are to blame for our Salary cap being full.

Having Farah and Sutton taking up 3/4 of a million plus in the salary cap is more of a problem IMO. Having an underperforming halfback on over half a million wouldn't be helping either.
I agree with that for sure however, there would be no problems with the twins at all if they played to the level their pay packet suggests.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Sam playing on the edges makes zero sense. He is our best middle defender and he doesn't get that involved on the edges. We already have fuimaono and Crichton playing there plus he decided to resign Sutton. When he says "playing on the edges" are you sure he doesn't mean floating? Like a good prop should be doing. That's pretty poor if he sticks Sam to one side of the field.
Why can't Sam play in the middle On Defence and out wider in attack.
Just interchange him and Turner.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why can't Sam play in the middle On Defence and out wider in attack.
Just interchange him and Turner.

Doesn't work like that in the second row. You can only float when you're playing in the middle. It would be very rare to see a second rower shifting all the way over to the other side of the field. It just makes more sense for Sam to play in the middle.

ouryear

Juniors

For some reason I hate the terminology, THE TWINS.

Reminds me of Danny Devito and Arnie .....in that damn movie!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Sutto is cheap. Long serving player allowance. No way is he a problem....

Latest posts