What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I know I sound like a worn out record and really I don't care.
Another day has past,nothing has changed we still have no depth and a squad predominantly made up of if's,but's and maybe's.
And that bloke what's his name? that's right! "Crichton",any new's on a contract extension?

rabbitohs95

Bench
I know I sound like a worn out record and really I don't care.
Another day has past,nothing has changed we still have no depth and a squad predominantly made up of if's,but's and maybe's.
And that bloke what's his name? that's right! "Crichton",any new's on a contract extension?
Seibs mentioned in his interview that the Crichton decision would be made when the squad comes back in early Nov, so sit tight til then.

Re depth I believe we'll have a 30 man squad with 5 rookie contracts added to that, maybe more. Sounds like we'll have plenty.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cheap no frills prop who is at a good age and has no injury concerns (other than Rochow or Cherrington). An upgrade IMO.

If anyone's questioning his quality as well, the fact that he played for the premiers on 9 occasions this year should clear it up. Looking for a better opportunity for first grade stints and he'll get it here.

Always love your positivity R95, welcome back brother. I couldn't agree more re Nicholls. What's the go with this Sam Burgess playing on the edge though? Does Seibold really want to do this?

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Always love your positivity R95, welcome back brother. I couldn't agree more re Nicholls. What's the go with this Sam Burgess playing on the edge though? Does Seibold really want to do this?
Cheers mate its what I'm here for.

Honestly I do like Sam on the edge but I think all the talk is maybe because Murray has the 13 jersey? I can't see him playing directly up the middle though, although Sam is his destructive best on the edge. We'll just have to see I suppose.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We need Sam's toughness in the middle... but just occasionally run wider...

I'd like to see him be a roaming prop and not just play the first 20 at prop and then stay in the second row for the next 40mins... that's not how to get the best out of Sam.

Travitoh

First Grade
If Sam isn't leading the pack from the front, who is?
Many of the worlds best props would cause chaos playing on an edge but they play up the middle because it gives them the ability to have a greater influence on the game.
Sticking Sam on an edge would be like playing a fit GI on a wing.

rabbitohs95

Bench
If Sam isn't leading the pack from the front, who is?
Many of the worlds best props would cause chaos playing on an edge but they play up the middle because it gives them the ability to have a greater influence on the game.
Sticking Sam on an edge would be like playing a fit GI on a wing.
Do you think he can still lead in the backrow though?

My preferred pack is

8. One of the twins
9. Cook
10. Zane
11. Sam
12. Crichton
13. Murray

Itsamansgame

Juniors
With all the reliance we all have placed on Sam for 2018 really shows what a champion he is and how highly he is regarded for his ability to lead from the front.
I myself believe Sam has many more chapters of greatness to come for the Bunnies and the best still lays ahead.
Sam could well and truly become the first Pommy to be given the immortal status,and hopefully our young fellas continue his legacy.
So from me no matter how I rate our 2018 squad it's,rip into them you"MIGHTY RABBITOHS"!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Do you think he can still lead in the backrow though?

My preferred pack is

8. One of the twins
9. Cook
10. Zane
11. Sam
12. Crichton
13. Murray

I don't like that though because it leaves fuimaono out of the 17 or at centre. Sutton just resigned so he'll definitely be there and farah will be on the bench so we could only carry 1 second rower 2 props. Fui's too good for reserve grade.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Richie Kennar was confirmed by the club today. He is a player that has an impressive CV (including Aus schoolboys, NSW U16's and 18's) and Seibold actually thinks he'll challenge for a wing spot in the NRL side. There was quite a fight from a few clubs to get this player when he left the Melbourne storm. His career hit a road block at the Bulldogs but hopefully he can find his feet at Souths.

Richie Kennar was confirmed by the club today. He is a player that has an impressive CV (including Aus schoolboys, NSW U16's and 18's) and Seibold actually thinks he'll challenge for a wing spot in the NRL side. There was quite a fight from a few clubs to get this player when he left the Melbourne storm. His career hit a road block at the Bulldogs but hopefully he can find his feet at Souths.

More likely that he looked like a Superstar on the end of the star studded Storm back line only to be exposed as a plodder when he joined a regular team.

I've seen a bit of him in NSW cup this year and he didn't exactly set the world on fire at that level.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Can anybody answer me this?
We were in the market for Cronk, we sign a Neville like Nicholls and his majesty Richo announces,"that's it fellas no more room left in our cap"!

Can anybody answer me this?
We were in the market for Cronk, we sign a Neville like Nicholls and his majesty Richo announces,"that's it fellas no more room left in our cap"!

The answer is simple. If we would have signed Cronk then we would have shifted on some others to accommodate him.

No Cronk then no one gets shifted out and our cap is full.