What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Curns13

Juniors
Why do I keep reading 800k....,, we haven't all said that and yet I keep reading that.....

As DKOR said the new thing will be 500k goes up to 700-750 with the increase in cap.....

About 700k a season for Angus imo is what he's worth....

Murray is gonna be special but he doesn't seem to break a game open like Angus can....
Angus didn’t his first year either, plus Murray is younger. The way people talk about him, as well as his pedigree, tells me he is gonna be really good.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Angus didn’t his first year either, plus Murray is younger. The way people talk about him, as well as his pedigree, tells me he is gonna be really good.
Both are future Aussie players....

Which makes me think it won't be cheap to keep them and we may lose Fui in a couple of years if both Angus and Cam stay....

Murray is a Souths Junior and I'm more confident in him staying than Angus.

Travitoh

First Grade
Imagine if we threw $800k at Sandow after his break out season...

People moan that we overpaid for George after he'd been a big part of a premiership. AR is overpaid despite being a premiership winning and Origin half. GI and Sam are overpaid despite being two players that have had great careers and any club would jump at the chance to sign.
But signing a second year 2RF for $850k because of his potential is ok with a lot of the same people. It's insane. Keep making the same mistakes and you'll keep getting the same results.

Clubs that overpay for potential are usually desperate for signings. Nobody else in the NRL would pay $800k for Ponga but Newcastle did.

Crichton is a very good NRL player. He will continue to be a very good NRL player but will he push on and become the kind of player that Sam and GI are to the club? It's yet to be seen.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the Sharks forum they desperately want Angus for 2019....

Oh but let him go as he's not worth it say some in here......

We let too many good ones go for f**ks sake......

Wakey wakey Richo for f**ks sake.......... they'll all be throwing rocks at your window on Chalmers Street if Gus goes.....

Richo says the future is our young ones but he doesn't realise they can easily go elsewhere for more money and we are back at square one.........

Scoopdog

Juniors
Both are future Aussie players....

Which makes me think it won't be cheap to keep them and we may lose Fui in a couple of years if both Angus and Cam stay....

Murray is a Souths Junior and I'm more confident in him staying than Angus.
Angus might already be gone?

Travitoh

First Grade
Angus might already be gone?

Unless they're hoping to nab him for 2018, i believe that Cronulla and Easts will wait to see a bit of next season before they commit. They'll be making their interest known at the moment and making promises should he continue with 2017's form early next season.
Usually deals that get done early are the strugglers paying overs to attract talent. Think Newcastle and Ponga, St George and Hunt from this season.

burgibigbash

Juniors
He is the most dominant in tackle busts and is the second most dominant in line breaks.

He also pushed Sam Burgess (one of the best forwards in the sport), a guy on 800k in the stats department in his second season.

You refuse to accept any of that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I'm not surprised you don't understand. Throw "cognitive dissonance" into your Google machine and the definition will explain your problem for you.
I agree he is a good player and hope he stays.

But the tackle bust remark is right on the money. He does tend to come back inside and racks up big numbers palming blokes off while not making many metres with quite a few of his hitups.
In saying that he is a great hole runner no question but I can see where Souths till I die is coming from.

If you compare Sam and Angus defensively it's a total mismatch. Angus is probably one of the weakest defenders in the comp as far as backrowers go. He is tenacious and has a real dig, but his reading isn't great and his contact isn't anywhere near the best defenders in the game.
I'd love to keep Angus but not for anything over 450k to 500k tops. Anything over that is lunacy IMHO.

Scoopdog

Juniors

But the tackle bust remark is right on the money. He does tend to come back inside and racks up big numbers palming blokes off while not making many metres with quite a few of his hitups.
In saying that he is a great hole runner no question but I can see where Souths till I die is coming from.

If you compare Sam and Angus defensively it's a total mismatch. Angus is probably one of the weakest defenders in the comp as far as backrowers go. He is tenacious and has a real dig, but his reading isn't great and his contact isn't anywhere near the best defenders in the game.
I'd love to keep Angus but not for anything over 450k to 500k tops. Anything over that is lunacy IMHO.
Hallelujah brother,amen.no narrative,plain and simple and very well pu!

Curns13

Juniors

450k would be an absolute joke of an offer. There isn’t a club out there that would even bother with an offer that low.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Here's the facts plain and simple,it's not about money with Angus it's about job satisfaction.
Our club is owned by Crowe & Packer with multiple influential high profile board members,numerous off the book TPA's and enticements would be available for Angus,these back room deals happen and go undetected at every club.
What drives Angus is on field success,which brings it down to the other 16 players on game day to exit their comfort zones and give it their all for the Rabbit they wear on their heart.
It's about hunger,if the team fires Angus stays if they offer what they have the last 3 seasons it's adios amigos for Angus!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Here's the facts plain and simple,it's not about money with Angus it's about job satisfaction.
Our club is owned by Crowe & Packer with multiple influential high profile board members,numerous off the book TPA's and enticements would be available for Angus,these back room deals happen and go undetected at every club.
What drives Angus is on field success,which brings it down to the other 16 players on game day to exit their comfort zones and give it their all for the Rabbit they wear on their heart.
It's about hunger,if the team fires Angus stays if they offer what they have the last 3 seasons it's adios amigos for Angus!
Thanks scoop

southsport

First Grade

You've probably nailed it there itsa.

callmack1

Staff member
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. That's why 2018 is going to be such a massive season. If we improve well then that's great, I think we will continue to improve and Angus will probably stay. If we dish out the same shit though, I honestly don't know what we'd do or where we'd go from there.

Latest posts