What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

rabbitohs95

Bench
Both graham and cordner play left for their clubs.both clubs need a right side second rower,roosters minus guerra and sharks in 2019 with the retiring lewis
True but what I'm saying that their presence might prevent Crichton from a possible (c) next to his name, which he very well could get at Souths in the next few years with Sam B, Sutton and GI getting closer to retirement.

callmack1

Staff member
There wasn't much in the article that we didn't already know.

The only new development was saying that we are confident of re-signing him.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Not sure if anybody's posted this from sporting news...

GAL’S MESSAGE TO GUN BUNNY

Cronulla have made it clear they’re keen on South Sydney star Angus Crichton, who is off contract at the end of 2018.

The Sharks recently treated the backrower to a private dinner where skipper Paul Gallen and former player Michael Ennis were in attendance.

Gallen has revealed what was said to Crichton as the club plans a future without the former NSW captain, as well as veteran Luke Lewis.

“There is no secret Angus Crichton is a player we’d love to have at Cronulla,” Gallen wrote in his Sporting News column.

“He’s got all the ingredients we look for at the Sharks — a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, humbleness and a terrific feel for the game.

“ ... So what did we tell him exactly?

“Basically the same thing we tell any player who may be interested in joining us.

“That we are a down-to-earth club with a team-first policy.”

Mr Spock!

Referee
Not sure if anybody's posted this from sporting news...

GAL’S MESSAGE TO GUN BUNNY

Cronulla have made it clear they’re keen on South Sydney star Angus Crichton, who is off contract at the end of 2018.

The Sharks recently treated the backrower to a private dinner where skipper Paul Gallen and former player Michael Ennis were in attendance.

Gallen has revealed what was said to Crichton as the club plans a future without the former NSW captain, as well as veteran Luke Lewis.

“There is no secret Angus Crichton is a player we’d love to have at Cronulla,” Gallen wrote in his Sporting News column.

“He’s got all the ingredients we look for at the Sharks — a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, humbleness and a terrific feel for the game.

“ ... So what did we tell him exactly?

“Basically the same thing we tell any player who may be interested in joining us.

“That we are a down-to-earth club with a team-first policy.”

So like every other club then......

callmack1

Staff member
Fantastic news today! GI is back at training! So good to see the big fella back and......with no knee strapping by the looks of it.

callmack1

Staff member
Inglis Rejoin Teammates For Field Sessions
Alicia Newton‌, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

Fri 17th November, 12:00PM

South Sydney Rabbitohs fullback Greg Inglis has made a much-anticipated return to the training paddock eight months after rupturing his ACL in in the opening round of the 2017 season.

In a great sight for Rabbitohs fans, the 30-year-old international had a light session with the squad on Friday under the watchful eye of the club's high performance team and new coach Anthony Seibold at Redfern Oval.

Inglis participated in straight-line running before later joining team drills that included carries out of dummy-half.

Rabbitohs head of high performance Paul Devlin was pleased with the veteran star’s return.

“He’s progressed fantastically well, he’s an absolute freak,” said Devlin.

“He’s starting his re-conditioning return-to-training program now - he’s progressed really, really well. He’s been training at an exceptionally high standard - we’re very, very happy with him.

“Jared Wade (Sports Science and Rehab Coach) and Eddie Farah (Head Physiotherapist) have done a fantastic job with him in rehab, we’ve been very cautious and taken it really slowly with him.

“Fantastic for everybody – staff included – to see Greg out there with the team.”

1510880565822.jpg;pvd36bd596774d30f5

Inglis will remain on restricted duties with leaping and stepping movements.

Devlin confirmed the Australian representative would be eased through skill-based drills over the coming weeks.

Inglis will remain as captain at Souths and club officials are hopeful he will make his comeback in the pre-season trials.

“He’s been training at an exceptionally high standard - we’re very, very happy with him. Looking forward to having him back on the field, re-conditioning him and getting some running into his legs over the next couple of weeks.”

The rest of the Rabbitohs squad have gotten into the swing of things at Redfern Oval, with Devlin remarking positively on their progress.

However, young prop forward Sam Johnstone has suffered a minor set-back, fracturing his thumb and requiring surgery this week.

“Training has gone very well this week, the boys have had a high training load week, they got through their running really well so I’m very happy with the progress,” said Devlin.

“Sam Johnstone was unlucky this week, he’s got a small fracture in his thumb which will be repaired this morning in hospital, and it won’t keep him out for much other than contact for the next five to six weeks.

“Lucky for him he can continue with his running program and most of his weights programs so it won’t affect him too much.”

Ultra Rabbit

Juniors
Hi All, very keen also to retain Crichton. Assume you have all seen what he did as a centre in schoolboy rugby;
Wonder if a move to the centres in the Rabbits would work alongside Gagai?

callmack1

Staff member
Hi All, very keen also to retain Crichton. Assume you have all seen what he did as a centre in schoolboy rugby;
Wonder if a move to the centres in the Rabbits would work alongside Gagai?
Welcome brother!

I think second row is undoubtedly his position.

handyman2190

Bench
That lebanon winger miski the mansour clone played for the bears our feeder club. Apparently a few clubs think he is worth signing all except souths,who are desperate for backs and scour every other clubs lower grades for bargain basement buys, but blindly let players in their pockets leave. Another recruiting blunder.
Yes i call a spade a spade and have often screamed at our recruiting blunders and lack of, many here can critisize me as being negative but i love and bleed for this club and cant stand the crap. Penrith obviously love showing us how they pickup our discards and turn them into first graders.
Shame!!

callmack1

Staff member
That lebanon winger miski the mansour clone played for the bears our feeder club. Apparently a few clubs think he is worth signing all except souths,who are desperate for backs and scour every other clubs lower grades for bargain basement buys, but blindly let players in their pockets leave. Another recruiting blunder.
Yes i call a spade a spade and have often screamed at our recruiting blunders and lack of, many here can critisize me as being negative but i love and bleed for this club and cant stand the crap. Penrith obviously love showing us how they pickup our discards and turn them into first graders.
Shame!!
Agreed. I like the look of Miski. He could be just as good as Mansour in a few years time.

southsport

First Grade
Shame!!

I can't understand how Miski didn't get a gig with Souths, he has played so well.

Latest posts