What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

themacemaceman

Juniors
I didn't see the Lebanese game.
How did Douhli go?
I see he scored a try.
Does anyone think he will come into calculations for 2018?

Itsamansgame

Juniors
That lebanon winger miski the mansour clone played for the bears our feeder club. Apparently a few clubs think he is worth signing all except souths,who are desperate for backs and scour every other clubs lower grades for bargain basement buys, but blindly let players in their pockets leave. Another recruiting blunder.
Yes i call a spade a spade and have often screamed at our recruiting blunders and lack of, many here can critisize me as being negative but i love and bleed for this club and cant stand the crap. Penrith obviously love showing us how they pickup our discards and turn them into first graders.
Shame!!
Yep dumb,dumb,dumb!!!
Besides our recruiting f...ups,there is also a lack of vision at our club.
Instead of playing home games interstate with the goal of growing membership,there is a large Lebanese community in the Bunnies district who are very passionate about their footy and to pick up Miski at a bargain price would of been a logical move for mine.
Also add to this that there is a strong rumour floating around that Mansour isn't totally happy at the Pennies,would love to get him back with us,Mansour and Miski on each side of the park would definitely entice a large part of our community to invest their coin in memberships and merchandise sales.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I didn't see the Lebanese game.
How did Douhli go?
I see he scored a try.
Does anyone think he will come into calculations for 2018?
I saw the whole match..

Rushed in too far a couple of times which is a bit of a habit creating too much space for the opposition to streak away...... probably just needs more practice and a bit more bulking up too...

That's the only negative....

He scored a try and scored what I thought was another running a nice line and they took it off him of course for an obstruction......

He put his body on the line and made a trysaver on Hurrell and looked to have badly hurt his arm but seemed to be ok afterwards......

Then he was skipping across field left to right beating six or seven men and getting a pass away in the middle of the field creating space and then the Lebanese were able to put a kick through and score through the fullback....

Doueihi had some strong carries too.....

Definitely will come into calculations...... will get some trial time in the halves and at centre too I reckon..... I think Souths see him as more of a half though..... so if AR or Cody goes down he will be straight in........

If we keep Angus I expect Cody to go and us to keep Doueihi.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep dumb,dumb,dumb!!!
Instead of playing home games interstate with the goal of growing membership,there is a large Lebanese community in the Bunnies district who are very passionate about their footy and to pick up Miski at a bargain price would of been a logical move for mine.
Also add to this that there is a strong rumour floating around that Mansour isn't totally happy at the Pennies,would love to get him back with us,Mansour and Miski on each side of the park would definitely entice a large part of our community to invest their coin in memberships and merchandise sales.
Our club shan't be doing that.......

handyman2190

Bench
Yep dumb,dumb,dumb!!!
You got it 100%
I just dont understand the logic we are desperate for backs yet we pick up discards and probably pay overs instead of nurturing our own

themacemaceman

Juniors
I saw the whole match..

Rushed in too far a couple of times which is a bit of a habit creating too much space for the opposition to streak away...... probably just needs more practice and a bit more bulking up too...

That's the only negative....

He scored a try and scored what I thought was another running a nice line and they took it off him of course for an obstruction......

He put his body on the line and made a trysaver on Hurrell and looked to have badly hurt his arm but seemed to be ok afterwards......

Then he was skipping across field left to right beating six or seven men and getting a pass away in the middle of the field creating space and then the Lebanese were able to put a kick through and score through the fullback....

Doueihi had some strong carries too.....

Definitely will come into calculations...... will get some trial time in the halves and at centre too I reckon..... I think Souths see him as more of a half though..... so if AR or Cody goes down he will be straight in........

If we keep Angus I expect Cody to go and us to keep Doueihi.....
Thanks for that assessment R20.
He's sounding promising.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Just picked up a rumour from another forum that Tim Glasby may be joining Souths.
Wikipedia has him coming to us in 2018 :joy: Not a reliable source obviously, but interesting.

Got to be honest, I'm not his biggest fan. I won't be upset if he joins, but he's not someone I'd have looked at

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Wikipedia has him coming to us in 2018 :joy: Not a reliable source obviously, but interesting.

Got to be honest, I'm not his biggest fan. I won't be upset if he joins, but he's not someone I'd have looked at
You would think we would be doing cartwheels signing a current QLD Origin front rower!
I think it's the name "Glasby",it really isn't a name for a mongrel front rower!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
You would think we would be doing cartwheels signing a current QLD Origin front rower!
I think it's the name "Glasby",it really isn't a name for a mongrel front rower!
Doesn't bust tackles, doesn't make many post contact metres.

He might have played Origin this year, but so did Nate Myles.

Again, I won't be upset if he signs, but he's not someone I'd have looked at.

handyman2190

Bench
We have been 2 props short for 2 seasons he is better than stockwell who apparently isnt coming now who couldnt break into the last based team. I for 1 am praying he comes at least he comes from the 1st placed team and thats good enough for me

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm kind of confused by the Glasby signing. He isn't exactly a workhorse type player which I think we're missing in the middle. If we sign Glasby that almost confirms that Sam will be playing on the edge because I can't see musgrove or the twins dropping out of the 17.

However it does show promising signs for Seibolds recruitment, attracting a current QLD SOO prop to the club.

southsport

First Grade
I'm kind of confused by the Glasby signing. He isn't exactly a workhorse type player which I think we're missing in the middle. If we sign Glasby that almost confirms that Sam will be playing on the edge because I can't see musgrove or the twins dropping out of the 17.

However it does show promising signs for Seibolds recruitment, attracting a current QLD SOO prop to the club.

Would that mean that Fui will be in the centres?

callmack1

Staff member
I'd welcome Glasby with open arms for sure. He's a fantastic, no frills prop and he'd make our other forwards step up their game.

Big but not unexpected news about Pearce. I'd be so pissed off if I was him.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here mate. I wouldn't get too excited.

If we had that kind of space left in the cap I'm sure we'd have been in the hunt for other players before now.

Latest posts