What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
I'd welcome Glasby with open arms for sure. He's a fantastic, no frills prop and he'd make our other forwards step up their game.

Big but not unexpected news about Pearce. I'd be so pissed off if I was him.

A lot of pressure on Cronk now, if the roosters don't come up to expectations in 2018 he'll get the blame.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Would that mean that Fui will be in the centres?

Definitely. Im of the personal opinion that Fui belongs in the centres. His second tackle hit ups are always ferocious. On that back of Gagai's first tackle hit up. Oh boy.

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here mate. I wouldn't get too excited.

If we had that kind of space left in the cap I'm sure we'd have been in the hunt for other players before now.

Yeah I agree. Richo literally came out and said "our cap is full" when the Cronk rumours were around.

Maybe there's a player swap going around? We seem to have formed a pretty good relationship with the storm considering all the players we've got off them.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
5 clubs reportedly interested in Pearce. Storm, Broncos, Sharks, Manly and Newcastle. This will be really interesting in terms of player movements

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Definitely. Im of the personal opinion that Fui belongs in the centres. His second tackle hit ups are always ferocious. On that back of Gagai's first tackle hit up. Oh boy.

Yeah I agree. Richo literally came out and said "our cap is full" when the Cronk rumours were around.

Maybe there's a player swap going around? We seem to have formed a pretty good relationship with the storm considering all the players we've got off them.
He will come out and clarify he meant “ too full to fit Cronk in”

And yes we are good at helping Storm free up their cap space

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He will come out and clarify he meant “ too full to fit Cronk in”

And yes we are good at helping Storm free up their cap space

The storm actually helped our cap situation out by taking Rochow and giving us Britt. I think the players we've got off them are decent.

Yeah Richo is good at the mind games though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm kind of confused by the Glasby signing. He isn't exactly a workhorse type player which I think we're missing in the middle. If we sign Glasby that almost confirms that Sam will be playing on the edge because I can't see musgrove or the twins dropping out of the 17.

However it does show promising signs for Seibolds recruitment, attracting a current QLD SOO prop to the club.
Sam must be prop.....

Maybe Musgrove would miss out....

I could see that happening...... he couldn't even feature in that shit Samoan side.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam must be prop.....

Maybe Musgrove would miss out....

I could see that happening...... he couldn't even feature in that shit Samoan side.....

I reckon musgrove deserves more of a chance R20. He was pretty good earlier in the year and I think his shown real signs of being a genuine NRL front rower.

The Samoan coach was clueless. Besides Samoa had some pretty good props. Paulo, Matagi, Ese'Ese and Afoa are all good players. I say he retains his spot for round 1 and if he can't maintain good form then he should lose it to one of the juniors.

I seriously can't see a team where Fuimaono isn't at centre unless GI shifts to centre. I think he is our best centre option other than Gagai. It will be interesting to see how Sam is used. Maybe he shifts from the second row to the middle at different parts of the game.

callmack1

Staff member
A lot of pressure on Cronk now, if the roosters don't come up to expectations in 2018 he'll get the blame.
A lot of pressure. They pretty much have to win a premiership in the next two years.

I reckon musgrove deserves more of a chance R20. He was pretty good earlier in the year and I think his shown real signs of being a genuine NRL front rower.

The Samoan coach was clueless. Besides Samoa had some pretty good props. Paulo, Matagi, Ese'Ese and Afoa are all good players. I say he retains his spot for round 1 and if he can't maintain good form then he should lose it to one of the juniors.

I seriously can't see a team where Fuimaono isn't at centre unless GI shifts to centre. I think he is our best centre option other than Gagai. It will be interesting to see how Sam is used. Maybe he shifts from the second row to the middle at different parts of the game.
Agreed.

I like Fui at both centre and second row tbh.

doyen

Bench
A lot of pressure. They pretty much have to win a premiership in the next two years.

Agreed.

I like Fui at both centre and second row tbh.

Please--what are Fui's strong attributes that make him a good centre???

Are they--
scintillating speed---great hands---great passing skills-----the ability to set up his winger?????????????????

He is a last resort as a centre if we are to make any real headway;IMO!!!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Are they--
scintillating speed---great hands---great passing skills-----the ability to set up his winger?????????????????

Busts tackles, runs great lines, has an offload.

He isn't exactly slow either mate.

I prefer him at second row, by he played well at centre

Rabbits20

Immortal

Sorry I don't rate Afoa much from what I have seen.

Yeah of course he deserves first crack..... I agree there.....

Fair enough re Fui.... I don't know if he is quick enough for a season of playing in the backs but he's sure great at the shit work and did hold his own defensively overall...

I just don't want Sam in the back row.... just can't agree with that and no one will convince me otherwise..... Maube give him a small period in the back row but mainly to be used at prop.....

Rabbits20

Immortal

Are they--

Better than Jennings at this stage..... Jennings has not been consistent enough and does not roll his sleeves up....

Scoopdog

Juniors

Are they--

Has he done something to your granddaughter old man?he showed several times late last season that he could set up his winger with quick hands,and he was in the top 5 over 40mts(digitally timed)in the club..and other than michael jennings burning him once in the last game(which he can do to anyone on his day)he was very solid the rest of that game (in partnership with robert jennings).even more so against will chambers when we got flogged!(chambers only ran for about 60mts)he will play wherever seibs puts him(front row included),would chichton do that for the team?

handyman2190

Bench
Watch this space......

Roosters to make a big play for Crichton.....

I can just feel it....
Just thinking the same thing...they were thinking of ditching napa to make space now they have moved peirce on we are in trouble i think.
But if i was a young upcoming player that the team i was with has nurtured and brought me up and given me oportunitys to shine and establish myself would i go to a team like the rorters who buy players and let them sit in reserves? Take nat butcher for eg a talented player who has been given very limited oportunity and would be dirty he isnt been given the chance.
For the extra money say up to 100k i would stay and develop after all it was his first year in 1st grade.
Interesting...

Travitoh

First Grade
Just thinking the same thing...they were thinking of ditching napa to make space now they have moved peirce on we are in trouble i think.
But if i was a young upcoming player that the team i was with has nurtured and brought me up and given me oportunitys to shine and establish myself would i go to a team like the rorters who buy players and let them sit in reserves? Take nat butcher for eg a talented player who has been given very limited oportunity and would be dirty he isnt been given the chance.
For the extra money say up to 100k i would stay and develop after all it was his first year in 1st grade.
Interesting...

This isn't the EPL. They'll be going after Crichton to play him in place of Aubusson who'll probably drop back to the bench.
Crichton isn't a Souths junior either, he's only been at the club for three seasons i believe. Came from Union and has junior links with Easts.
Part of the Pearce money will go towards a better deal for Keary anyway and probably an upgrade for Latrell.
Nat Butcher only just completed his first season of senior footy. If he hasn't gotten a look in by this time next year then i expect he'll start to question his place but for now i dare say he'll be content with where he is.

callmack1

Staff member
Busts tackles, runs great lines, has an offload.

He isn't exactly slow either mate.

I prefer him at second row, by he played well at centre
Exactly. He is very powerful and I think his defence is pretty solid. Fui has actually proven he can provide good ball to the winger and create opportunities and with more game time, this will improve.

He is also willing to roll his sleeves up and do the hard yards.

I think I prefer him in the second row too but I'd have no issues if he ended up at centre.