What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
In this day and age of hookers packing in at lock and centres defending on the wing , what's it matter what numbers on Sams back.
Just play him in the middle in defence and on the edge in attack.
Move Turner or a like second rower in to the middle to defend when sams playing wider.
Props an locks still play in the middle third, second rowers still play on the edge of the ruck.

Chopping and changing like that will only create confusion and hurt the continuity

Rabbits20

Immortal
Let me put it this way R20 when you look at our forward stocks who are the best ball runners? In my opinion Sam, Angus and Sutton are all our best ball runners. If you use Sam and Sutton on one edge and Crichton on the other you're ultimately creating massive threats on both sides of the field, which makes it extremely difficult for other teams to strategise against. If the Burgess twins step up like they're supposed too and Murray continues to be a workhorse we don't really need Sam in the middle.

There's also a possibility that Sam wants to play on the edge and I don't know if anyone's taken that into account.
I have Fui starting in the back row......

Sutto off the bench but Seibs will probably start Sutto but I think he's past it now.....

You say Sam on an edge creates a massive threat but it also means we will be carved up in the middle for sure defensively......

I expect the twins to step up but they will be caught out when retreating defensively...... their defence is not in the class of Sam.......

I'm 100percent certain we need Sam in the middle.......

Fui, Crichton, Sutton, Turner, Talakai and Britt as back rowers....

Gagai and Jennings at centre.......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I have Fui starting in the back row......

Sutto off the bench but Seibs will probably start Sutto but I think he's past it now.....

You say Sam on an edge creates a massive threat but it also means we will be carved up in the middle for sure defensively......

I expect the twins to step up but they will be caught out when retreating defensively...... their defence is not in the class of Sam.......

I'm 100percent certain we need Sam in the middle.......

Fui, Crichton, Sutton, Turner, Talakai and Britt as back rowers....

Gagai and Jennings at centre.......

Okay so you don't have any faith in our current middle rotation? We've just resigned the Burgess twins so we seriously need them to start performing regardless of whether Sam's in the middle or not.

It's Tom and Georges year to prove that they're earning their money.

Travitoh

First Grade
Bravo bravo......

In fact I'm gonna make a statement and that is if Sam is regularly on an edge we will not be making the finals....... just won't happen.....

We will be carved up in the middle and I don't know why others can't see that.... look at the very very good props/middle players for other teams for f**ks sake.....

Do they say oh we will move you from the middle to an edge..... NO THEY DONT AS THAT IS MEANING YOU WANT TO LOSE!!!!!

Like for f**ks sake Taumalolo, Klemmer, RCG, Brown, Bromwich, J. Graham etc......... are not gonna be moved from the middle as their coach knows that disadvantages them big time.......

It's blatantly obvious.....

If Sam is away from the middle the other 15 teams will be thrilled......... they'd say you beauty we can carve through them now which they will too........

If that's the case I'm going to go with a group of others to the member day and speak to Seibs himself like most will be.............. even a kid can see that.......................... a 10yr old............... in fact should take the 10yr old in my bay with us....... his Dad used to play for Souths juniors too and is currently disllusioned.....

We will have one of the softest middles as the twins are slow in retreating and Turner and Musgrove can't stop the post contact metres........ f**king Murray can't do it all.........

Shall we compare other teams middles and how they won't move threats???????????????? Shall we go team thorugh teams......I'm busy this week but I will find the team if the blindsee'rs can't see the blatant obvious......................

Roosters won't move Hargreaves away from the middle.....

Storm won't move J. Bromwich from the middle

Sharks will not move Gallen from the middle.......

Manly won't move J. Trbojevic from the middle.......

Dragons won't move Vaughan from the middle....

Parra won't move Brown from the middle.......

Dogs won't move Klemmer......

It'd be sheer suicide so to speak........... they want to be stronger in that middle........ we obviously do not......

I'd be interested as to what DKOR has to say???? Do you want a second rate middle without your best player there???? I can't understand the logic of Souths supporters some time..........

One of your better rants lol.
But completely agree with what's been said. Good Friday was the perfect example of Sam's influence in the middle. After he went off we were opened up by a poor attacking side in Canterbury.
With or without Sam, our edge is strong with Crichton, Fuimaono and Sutton plus Talakai in the mix along with a couple of others. It's in the middle that he'll have the most impact.

Travitoh

First Grade
Sam on an edge creates a threat but so would George or Tom. Even Musgrove. Any of the latter 3 i believe could be put on an edge and not weaken the middle anywhere near as much as putting Sam there.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
For mine at the moment it's Sam"UP THE GUT'S"Burgess,but the whole discussion changes depending on one factor,"dear brother George".
If George gets his shit together and gives us the 2014 model,well Sam goes to the edge.
I just wish George would knuckle down and realise how important his role to the team is,if he fires it adds so much more stability to the pack and opens up a lot more variety for the coach.
But the main thing that's been killing us with all the Burgess boys is ball security,"learn how to catch the pill fellas"!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
For mine at the moment it's Sam"UP THE GUT'S"Burgess,but the whole discussion changes depending on one factor,"dear brother George".
If George gets his shit together and gives us the 2014 model,well Sam goes to the edge.
I just wish George would knuckle down and realise how important his role to the team is,if he fires it adds so much more stability to the pack and opens up a lot more variety for the coach.
But the main thing that's been killing us with all the Burgess boys is ball security,"learn how to catch the pill fellas"!!

I'm really expecting big things from george this year. I'll be really disappointed if he doesn't at least play on par with Tom.

Cook, Walker and Reynolds need to be ready to support them as well. There's been a few times this year where they've looked to offload the ball and nobodies there. They would of been great offloads as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
One of your better rants lol.
But completely agree with what's been said. Good Friday was the perfect example of Sam's influence in the middle. After he went off we were opened up by a poor attacking side in Canterbury.
With or without Sam, our edge is strong with Crichton, Fuimaono and Sutton plus Talakai in the mix along with a couple of others. It's in the middle that he'll have the most impact.
Yep I completely remember that day....... perfect example.....

Turner or Britt can even play on the edge...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Okay so you don't have any faith in our current middle rotation? We've just resigned the Burgess twins so we seriously need them to start performing regardless of whether Sam's in the middle or not.

It's Tom and Georges year to prove that they're earning their money.
Without Sam in the middle know I don't have faith...........

We will get carved up......

Just like teams did to us last season when Sam either went off for a rest or went off injured..... the minute Sam went off on Good Friday the Dogs carved us up.....

Look at the other teams middle and how they won't move one of their marquee players away from there as it's asking for trouble..... it's obvious to me.....

I have a feeling he's gonna start Sutto in the back row but it should be Fui....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Without Sam in the middle know I don't have faith...........

We will get carved up......

Just like teams did to us last season when Sam either went off for a rest or went off injured..... the minute Sam went off on Good Friday the Dogs carved us up.....

Look at the other teams middle and how they won't move one of their marquee players away from there as it's asking for trouble..... it's obvious to me.....

I have a feeling he's gonna start Sutto in the back row but it should be Fui....

I definitely understand where you're coming from R20, but my view is that it's time for the other props to start doing their jobs. You're basically saying that without Sam in the middle we're soft but that definitely shouldn't be the case. We have invested around 1 million dollars in two props so they should be able to hold the middle without Sam. Otherwise we're just wasting a ridiculous amount of money.

You're also forgetting that Murray wasn't there earlier in the season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I definitely understand where you're coming from R20, but my view is that it's time for the other props to start doing their jobs. You're basically saying that without Sam in the middle we're soft but that definitely shouldn't be the case. We have invested around 1 million dollars in two props so they should be able to hold the middle without Sam. Otherwise we're just wasting a ridiculous amount of money.

I get what you are saying too but I still want Sam in the middle.....

That's where he belongs and if the twins start performing what a middle we will have.... the stronger the middle the better.........

Let Fui and Angus flourish in the back row......

Bring on Sutto off the bench and Turner and Talakai are always options along with Britt.....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
People who've been to pre-season trainings are saying Billy Brittain (former Melbourne/Norths Devils hooker) is training with us and Fox Sports has said he's been signed.

Also saying that Junior Tatola (Junior Kangaroo/Wests Tigers U-20's Player of the Season in 2015) is training with us too.

Tatola is an absolute wrecking ball of a front rower with a good offload, so I really hope he's come on board.

Go Bunnies

Juniors

I agree - the Twins really need to step up in 2018

DoYouEven!?

Juniors
Long time viewer, first time poster...

Anyone heard any rumours if we are set to sign anyone soon?

Wouldn’t mind to see Eddy Pettybourne or Fetuli Talanoa pull on a green and red jersey again. But that’s just my opinion.

Also, huge fan of Rabbits20, enjoy reading your content brother, I agree with a lot of what you say! :thumbsup_tone2:

callmack1

Staff member

Wouldn’t mind to see Eddy Pettybourne or Fetuli Talanoa pull on a green and red jersey again. But that’s just my opinion.

Also, huge fan of Rabbits20, enjoy reading your content brother, I agree with a lot of what you say! :thumbsup_tone2:
Welcome man, always good to get new posters.

I haven't heard any rumours lately but people were saying that there are a few on the way.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I mentioned many posts back that our biggest threat to losing Angus would come from the ARU.
No NRL club could match the dollars on offer and Angus still harbours the desire to don the Wallabies guernsey at the highest level.
image.jpeg

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

@Rabbits20 You have a fan mate!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Welcome brother and I look forward to hearing what you say.......

It can get a bit heated but there is lots of passion in here.....

I thought Pettybourne was rumoured to be going to the UK but I'd sure take him for depth....... could be handy..

I don't thinking we will be signing much more mate..