What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Both Cook and Farah had their good and bad performances last season. My opinion mainly goes as far as we play one for 80 minutes instead of both in the 17. Which one it is can be decided in the friendlies though i lean towards Cook as he's more likely to feature in future seasons.
If it were my decision, I'd be aggressively looking to recruit a new 9 for 2019 with the Farah money freed up unless Cook steps up to a level we haven't seen yet.
Cook has already stepped up and he will only get better...

We don't need a new hooker.....

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
We welcomed Auva'a back into the fold without even a second thought, why should Carney be treated differently if he was to sign? His DUI would be off his criminal record now I'm sure and his worst offence since is a 'party trick' that only surfaced thanks to a dog of a mate.

For what it's worth, I'm not keen on him as i feel that while he can play, his body has had it and we're not in a position to be taking a punt on a 30+ yo halfback with little leadership skills. We should continue to encourage the youth at the club, not put up road blocks on their path to first grade.
Somi had off field stuff then given a chance then stuffed up again so bye bye. Now has the option to stay on the straight and narrow.

Carney has been punted from how many clubs now? Has he moved from any clubs by choice?

Its a simple equation of seeial offender vs one that isnt.

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Both Cook and Farah had their good and bad performances last season. My opinion mainly goes as far as we play one for 80 minutes instead of both in the 17. Which one it is can be decided in the friendlies though i lean towards Cook as he's more likely to feature in future seasons.
If it were my decision, I'd be aggressively looking to recruit a new 9 for 2019 with the Farah money freed up unless Cook steps up to a level we haven't seen yet.
I cant tell who's the better choice.

Some games Cook was better some games Farah was.

Stuffed if i know who you pick. A small part of me doesnt even care who does better and just wants to see both of them do 80mins for half a season each just to kill the uncertainty and bickering.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Stuffed if i know who you pick. A small part of me doesnt even care who does better and just wants to see both of them do 80mins for half a season each just to kill the uncertainty and bickering.
Well if you want a hooker that can't capitalise on tired defence due to lack of pace and can't build as much momentum Farah is your man.......

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Well if you want a hooker that can't capitalise on tired defence due to lack of pace and can't build as much momentum Farah is your man.......
Im sure that being quick on your feet for impressive dummy half runs is not the only thing from a hooker that can be used to capitalise on tired defence though.

I do miss those days of when Bully was at his peak.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

Well if you want a hooker who runs to the line, panics and throws a hospital pass to anyone, has a limited kicking game and someone who gets steamrolled in defence and gets dragged over the tryline then Cook is your man

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Those who prefer Cook are right and the Farah supporters are wrong.

Those who prefer Farah are right and the Cook supporters are wrong.

I'll say I'm right cos I dont know which I prefer.

Hopefully we just find out in 2018 when one of the nails it rather then theyre both mediocre.

Thumper

Juniors
Those who prefer Cook are right and the Farah supporters are wrong.

Those who prefer Farah are right and the Cook supporters are wrong.

I'll say I'm right cos I dont know which I prefer.

Hopefully we just find out in 2018 when one of the nails it rather then theyre both mediocre.

Cook is great at creating momentum getting the boys on a roll. as soon as they get into the opposition 20 he has no clue how to set up a play or get anyone over the try line.
Rob on the other hand is the complete opposite. I thought they guy guy they should have signed was the 20's fullback. was a good ball runner. reminded me of jake Granville. was built like a hooker too. Beau Cordtz.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
This South's Squad is jam packed full of potential. Mostly young guys wuth a core group of top line players, GI, 3×Burgess boys, reyno, AJ, Gags. Now the couch most mould this unit along the way 2014 worked.

doyen

Bench

Cook wasn't really capitalising on tired defences when he was coming on fresh so he's hardly going to be able to do it as an 80 min.player.
Cook spent most of last season coming on as a fresh reserve & made little difference; hence our lowly posse on the ladder. His speed & freshness should have brought results when it really counted but alas it didn't.
It was only when Sths knew they were definitely also-rans, & caution was thrown out the door ;that he & Sths looked good!!
Farah is a more substantial player than Cook & we will require his leadership along with GI & Sam.
Cook could continue off the bench & possibly contribute well but it appears Seibold wants 80 mins. out of No.9!!

callmack1

Staff member
I think Cook is certainly the way to go.

He is so much better at getting the forwards onto the ball as I think his passes are a lot more crisp and faster. He always keeps the defensive line guessing with his scoots due to his insane speed and he is always looking for that opportunity. I don't agree with the whole "Cook panics when he gets to the line argument." At the back end of this year he was willing to go into contact and wasn't 'panicing' at all. I do agree that his attacking game inside the 20m zone needs work and it would be great to see him develop a good kicking game.

As a whole I just think the entire side looks better with Cook there. More dangerous and more enegetic. Cook for Hook.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
A couple of intercepted passes yes, but name one hospital ball he threw all season
Remember a few passes to Reynolds from the ruck which put him in an exposed position. Always in front, not on the chest while inside the opposing 20.

Also why would you be glad with a few intercept passes? Farah throw any?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook wasn't really capitalising on tired defences when he was coming on fresh so he's hardly going to be able to do it as an 80 min.player.
Cook spent most of last season coming on as a fresh reserve & made little difference; hence our lowly posse on the ladder. His speed & freshness should have brought results when it really counted but alas it didn't.
It was only when Sths knew they were definitely also-rans, & caution was thrown out the door ;that he & Sths looked good!!
Farah is a more substantial player than Cook & we will require his leadership along with GI & Sam.
Cook could continue off the bench & possibly contribute well but it appears Seibold wants 80 mins. out of No.9!!
Cook can go 80 for sure......

Give him more of a chance and he won't disappoint........

It's a no brainer....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Cook is certainly the way to go.

He is so much better at getting the forwards onto the ball as I think his passes are a lot more crisp and faster. He always keeps the defensive line guessing with his scoots due to his insane speed and he is always looking for that opportunity. I don't agree with the whole "Cook panics when he gets to the line argument." At the back end of this year he was willing to go into contact and wasn't 'panicing' at all. I do agree that his attacking game inside the 20m zone needs work and it would be great to see him develop a good kicking game.

As a whole I just think the entire side looks better with Cook there. More dangerous and more enegetic. Cook for Hook.
Bravo bravo bravo............

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Remember a few passes to Reynolds from the ruck which put him in an exposed position. Always in front, not on the chest while inside the opposing 20.

Also why would you be glad with a few intercept passes? Farah throw any?
Farah's slowed down a lot, but his brain hasn't. Robbie threw at least half a dozen hospital balls to Sam alone trying to create plays that he wasn't fast enough to execute.

He also clashes with our halves, compared to Cook who gelled brilliantly with them.

He's not a BAD dummy half, but he doesn't fit our side.

He sets up guys to run lines around the centre of the ruck that they aren't fast enough to handle, let alone take advantage of.

Cook gets out of dummy half quickly, creating momentum and getting them running straight onto the ball and powering over the advantage line.

The same way Bully used to.

Cook's a better fit.

doyen

Bench
COOK [26 yrs]-----44 games in 1sts in 5 full years;most of those as a bench/sub!!

FARAH[34 yrs,same as Cameron SMITH]---271 1st grade games,nearly all as an 80 min.player! 16 SOOs;some as Capt.--8 Test caps;2nd choice mostly,to the very very best, in Smith!!
NRL All Stars!!

Not a BAD dummy half---let's compare the above FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JetRider

Juniors
The issue for our team was the lack of dominance from our forwards, if they dominate as they did in 2014, then players like Cook will take advantage as will our 6 and 7. Farah has more experience but Cook has a great running game and the choice may come down to the best fit for the style of play required.

Latest posts