What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here's one for you Southy! Received this text from a mate this morning and I quote: " Mate reckons Souths are lining up a 6 year 6 million dollar deal for Cordner and he is usually on the money".
I am a bit ambivalent about this if it's true. Don't know if he'll fit in after all he is a rorter.

Please Toad send me a smart arse comment to make my day!!
Couldn't have both RTS and Cordner mate....

Personally I could see us getting RTS..... probs on about 800k.

But I can't see Rorters losing Cordner...... they'll figure out TPA's and maybe some incentives to keep him I would say...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Our recruitment would balance largely on our ability to perform this year. If RTS isn’t happy at the warriors, he’s not gonna be much happier if we can’t make the 8 either. I really hope we can make a real crack at the 8 this year because it’s only going to increase our chances at recruiting better players. I also hope we don’t do the whole last minute run for the 8 in the last 5 rounds. I want some consistency from Souths. We have the ability and the talent, it’s just about the execution.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Our recruitment would balance largely on our ability to perform this year. If RTS isn’t happy at the warriors, he’s not gonna be much happier if we can’t make the 8 either. I really hope we can make a real crack at the 8 this year because it’s only going to increase our chances at recruiting better players. I also hope we don’t do the whole last minute run for the 8 in the last 5 rounds. I want some consistency from Souths. We have the ability and the talent, it’s just about the execution.
You're crazy mate. Anyone who half supports South's knows, nay expects them in the bottom 4.
Your belief and optimism doesn't fly here.
Get sour.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
You gotta love optimism. I'm excited to see a bunch of the young guys get out there & have a go. If we can win as many as we loose & try our guts out all the time, I'm happy. 22 will come before GI retires!!
My bad. Only thing Souths will be competing for is the spoon!
The little Master appeared in my dreams,believe fellas believe and it will come!image.jpeg

Rabbits20

Immortal
RTS should be first priority.

Actually think that figure would be overs for Cordner.
Yep and Cordner's knee isn't the best.....

I'm interested to see how Leuluai goes when he gets a shot....

We can afford injuries to guys like Jennings, Hunt, Turner, Musgrove, Farah, Clark and guys like that as we have others who can fill in there.....

A few injuries to our main guys though and we are screwed.........

doyen

Bench
If Sths have a fair-dinkum go each week & play "watchable" RL I'll be very happy!

Anything better than that will be a bonus!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Here's one for you Southy! Received this text from a mate this morning and I quote: " Mate reckons Souths are lining up a 6 year 6 million dollar deal for Cordner and he is usually on the money".
I am a bit ambivalent about this if it's true. Don't know if he'll fit in after all he is a rorter.

Why would I make a smart arse comment when you've literally just done what I recommended?

I like rumours when they're presented as rumours. Nothing dishonest about that.

It's when people come on with the desperate pleas for attention, trying to present things they've just read online as "my inside sources are telling me" and try to claim them as facts that I have to laugh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why would I make a smart arse comment when you've literally just done what I recommended?

I like rumours when they're presented as rumours. Nothing dishonest about that.

It's when people come on with the desperate pleas for attention, trying to present things they've just read online as "my inside sources are telling me" and try to claim them as facts that I have to laugh.
You're just butthurt you don't know anyone or haven't spoken to a guy with a connection to someone who is in the know......

Drop your jealousy and lets start talking footy.....

So would you like us to potentially chase RTS???

Who are you targeting??? (Who would you like)

themacemaceman

Juniors

If we could afford this type of Money for Cordner we should have offered this to Crichton.
Maybe we did and he turned it down?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
You're just butthurt you don't know anyone or haven't spoken to a guy with a connection to someone who is in the know......

Drop your jealousy and lets start talking footy.....

So would you like us to potentially chase RTS???

Who are you targeting??? (Who would you like)
":sob::sob::sob: He hates me, he's jealous :sob::sob::sob:"

Your desperation and insecurity is proving my point for me Feltch :joy:

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I'm not sure about Cordner tbh as his knees are a bit dodgy.

Would certainly prefer RTS.
RTS has had knee concerns as well. Don’t think we should go after either of these players especially if we have to pay overs.
RTS has been a dud the last 2 years - did you not see him in the Souths v Warriors game?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If we could afford this type of Money for Cordner we should have offered this to Crichton.
Maybe we did and he turned it down?

The rumour is that Richo didn’t believe the roosters were actually throwing the amount of cash at Crichton that was being reported. Thus we didn’t up our offer. We had the money available and I think everyone at Souths thought the money we offered him was good enough. Unfortunately the money we offered wasn’t good enough as he had to “do what was best for himself”.