What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Would take Gillett at the right price. 29 is a good age for a forward. 29 - 32 is usually the peak of a forwards career. Would be a perfect replacement for John Sutton over the next 3 years or so.

Sadly, I don't think he will come at the right price. A few other teams out there with a bit of money looking for someone like him and so I think his asking price will end up being ridiculous.

If you're going to throw big money at a forward, I'd be throwing it at Shannon Boyd who comes off contract with the Raiders this year. He is my pick of the forwards on the market.
I don't think we'd have to pay too much for him.

500 a season could do it!

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Would take Gillett at the right price. 29 is a good age for a forward. 29 - 32 is usually the peak of a forwards career. Would be a perfect replacement for John Sutton over the next 3 years or so.

Sadly, I don't think he will come at the right price. A few other teams out there with a bit of money looking for someone like him and so I think his asking price will end up being ridiculous.

If you're going to throw big money at a forward, I'd be throwing it at Shannon Boyd who comes off contract with the Raiders this year. He is my pick of the forwards on the market.
I’d look at
Papalii or Pangai Jr
Ah Mau
Esan Marsters

Then sign Barba to play fullback

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
f**k Ben Barba.

We've had enough dickheads at the club in recent years
It’s about winning... he is a super player and on fire in UK. I believe he has turned a corner and would be very keen unfinished business
This no dickhead policy sometimes ends up costing us quality players that can be the difference between top 4/8 finals footy and the team taking a early holiday every year.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
It’s about winning... he is a super player and on fire in UK. I believe he has turned a corner and would be very keen unfinished business
This no dickhead policy sometimes ends up costing us quality players that can be the difference between top 4/8 finals footy and the team taking a early holiday every year.
Disruptive players bring everyone around them down.

It's hurt us enough in recent years through the likes of Carter, Grevsmuhl, Glenn Stewart etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Hey Toady et al. Just received a text from my mate that Farah has agreed to join the eels . Bunnies to pay 60% of his freight!!! Papali just about over the line:D
I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm guessing your mate's been reading The Mole

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Don't get me wrong though, I'd bloody love to have us sign Josh Papalii.

On top of him being a strong running, hard hitting edge player in the Ben Te'o mold, he's also a top bloke. Met him a few times at Mooseheads here in Canberra and he's a genuinely nice bloke.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Barba is a class above those guys
Mate I'm not denying his skill.

He's in his tenth season as a pro footballer and he's been either stood down or sacked 4 times and released from the Broncos under rumours of similar issues.

On top of that, I don't think he fits what we need as a fullback.

In his last 3 seasons of NRL, he was only averaging 70-odd metres run per game.

With our big, not always super mobile forward pack we need our back three to make big metres off kick returns/early tackles coming out of our own end.

One of our back three is AJ, who already struggles a bit in that regard. If we add another lightweight who struggles to make metres, it'll serious hurt us

callmack1

Staff member
Cheers for that new Mixo. Interesting to hear.

I would've thought Farah would still be surplus to requirements at Parra but we'll have to wait and see.

Would be so good to get Papalii but surely it's too early to say he's almost over the line.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Just on the potential Papalii signing, I think he is more of what we need rather than Angus.
Totally agree.

Much more physically dominant player.

Crichton is great at hitting the ball at pace when we've got some forward momentum, but doesn't do the tough stuff as well as most top flight second rowers at this stage.

Papalii is a beast in defence too. Sam's a powerful workhorse, but Papalii could give us the ultra aggressive hit man type our defence has been missing since we los Te'o