What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ethan Lowe is off contract too!!!!!!

Helllllooooooooooo Richo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Mixo Joe @Scoopdog if you guys get inside info and all off a mate and all that kick up a stink and get someone in the powers that be told what's happening???

It could be a shambles again for us if we aren't careful recruitment wise!

Back rowers are a must and Ethan ain't getting a starting role at the Cows. He's get that and probably a 2 million 3yr deal to come to us! Handy back up goal kicker by the way too. I like the way Ethan plays as well. He's a tough bugger....

callmack1

Staff member
Agreed R20. When it was announced he'd be moving on, I thought it was the right call but that was before a footy had been kicked this year.

Now we see how good Clarky is going, I'd even say (as Toad said) career best form atm. He looks refreshed under Seibs. He deserves to stay and see out his career at Souths 100%.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agreed R20. When it was announced he'd be moving on, I thought it was the right call but that was before a footy had been kicked this year.

Now we see how good Clarky is going, I'd even say (as Toad said) career best form atm. He looks refreshed under Seibs. He deserves to stay and see out his career at Souths 100%.
Also why aren't we chasing Ethan Lowe??? Not a whimper if it???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Judiciary code @callmack1

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

Reckless high tackle grade 3 is 500 points so that's 5 weeks. With early plea he may just get away with 4 weeks lads.

Other scenario is that:

Intentional high tackle gets referred to panel! Not sure how that all works!

Whitehead should get a dangerous contact charge'of some sort I hope.

What about the Raider who at 18-6 shoulder charged AJ in the air?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
@Souths Till I Die @callmack1 @Itsamansgame @The Windsor Rabbit

There are other members like us who are starting petitions on Facebook for us to keep Clarky! Many are disgusted with how we are gonna let a favourite son of our club go! Dunno what Richo is thinking at all! If I go to a member event this year at Eastgardens for example and I see Richo I'll challenge him. A club like the Titans would love a guy like Clark. He's getting better with age too! We already losing Sutto and Angus so why send Clark out the door??? As STID said, we have pretty much f**k all in the forwards for Norths! We can't just rely on rookies like Talakai or Ta'avale who can barely stay on the field it seems........

We will pay letting Clarky go! Who's gonna do his job next season in the role he does????????????????????????????? Bashing the keys helps when you're pissed off too by the way!

Nicholls, Tatola, Jennings etc........ well they ain't even signed beyond this season.

Are alarm bells ringing at Redfern???? Or are they too absorbed in the fact we are building again??????????? Richo said we wouldn't f**k up again...... well wake the f**k up Richo as depth won't just magically come into our hands and not all youngsters kick on! Letting Clarky go is a mistake that pretty much nearly every member can see. Richo has said they listen to the members......... well let's hope someone gets this petition thing going in full f**king swing and sends it express post to Chalmers Street to Richo. If he lets players like Jennings or Nicholls walk for example his position will be untenable. .!!!!!!!

So there have been rumours of us signing Su'a. Well like my mate said the other day who goes for Saints there ain't too much outbthere currently! Pangai, Marsters, Felise etc..... all about to re-sign at their clubs.

Is Ethan Lowe off contract soon??? With Hess and Cooper locking down starting roles would Richo awaken and snoop around and say Ethan you've a starting role here for the year here with The Pride Of The League and we will play you 650k mate. That's what needs to happen.

We can't rely on Turner and Fui in the back row or Sammy who gets carried away and sits out on the sidelines because of it!

Clark was deathridden for the last couple of years by Souths fans. I would like Clark to stay but a lot of fans have been demanding him to go for years. As fans we can’t expect loyalty and constantly abuse our players. I trust Seibold and Richo to make the correct decision here. If Clark gets a better offer than us then he deserves to take it for everything he’s given this club.

callmack1

Staff member
@Souths Till I Die @callmack1 @Itsamansgame Anyone know how much Cookie currently on?? Is it about 350.......

I know he's not off contract until after next season but his value will keep going up. He could demand about 600k. He's just getting better and better and he is the quickest hooker in the comp.

Isn't Isaac on like 800ish?
I'm not 100% sure but I'd say it'll be around the $800k mark for sure.

Judiciary code @callmack1

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

Reckless high tackle grade 3 is 500 points so that's 5 weeks. With early plea he may just get away with 4 weeks lads.

Other scenario is that:

Intentional high tackle gets referred to panel! Not sure how that all works!

Whitehead should get a dangerous contact charge'of some sort I hope.

What about the Raider who at 18-6 shoulder charged AJ in the air?
Thanks for that R20, let's hope it's only a Grade 2 but I have a feeling he'll be out for five which will suck!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Clark was deathridden for the last couple of years by Souths fans. I would like Clark to stay but a lot of fans have been demanding him to go for years. As fans we can’t expect loyalty and constantly abuse our players. I trust Seibold and Richo to make the correct decision here. If Clark gets a better offer than us then he deserves to take it for everything he’s given this club.
I can only speak for myself, but I'd written Clarky off because he was being used as a front rower.

He lacks the size/power to be used as a centre third battering ram.

When he's given the space to use his leg speed and ball skills, he's pretty effective in attack (particularly coming off the bench against a tired opposition).

He's also much better in defence in this role. Defending alongside two big props allows his technique to be the major factor, instead of trying to match pure physicality with opposition props.

Ooft, got a bit ranty there. In short

Clarky at prop = :thumbsdown:

Clarky as a back rower =:thumbsup:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can only speak for myself, but I'd written Clarky off because he was being used as a front rower.

He lacks the size/power to be used as a centre third battering ram.

When he's given the space to use his leg speed and ball skills, he's pretty effective in attack (particularly coming off the bench against a tired opposition).

He's also much better in defence in this role. Defending alongside two big props allows his technique to be the major factor, instead of trying to match pure physicality with opposition props.

Ooft, got a bit ranty there. In short

Clarky at prop = :thumbsdown:

Clarky as a back rower =:thumbsup:

I wrote Clark off last year as well mate it wasn’t just you. I’m more referring to some of the comments i’d see on social media where people were literally asking for him to be released and that he was a waste of space in the top squad. If I remember correctly somebody at the ask the bosses asked why we were spending so much cap space on players like Jason Clark. I don’t know how many of the comments Clark would actually read but it’s quite extraordinary how quickly South supporters can turn face.

Everything you’re saying is spot on. His ability to ball play in the second row is actually quite extraordinary. It looks like he’s running harder and faster than he has in his whole career.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I wrote Clark off last year as well mate it wasn’t just you. I’m more referring to some of the comments i’d see on social media where people were literally asking for him to be released and that he was a waste of space in the top squad. If I remember correctly somebody at the ask the bosses why we were spending so much cap space on players like Jason Clark. I don’t know how many of the comments Clark would actually read but it’s quite extraordinary how quickly South supporters can turn face.

Everything you’re saying is spot on. His ability to ball play in the second row is actually quite extraordinary. It looks like he’s running harder and faster than he has in his whole career.

Even in these forums

Rabbits20

Immortal
Maybe Richo will re-think!

Depth doesn't just come...

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I see where you're coming from.

I trust the clubs decision here. I think they made the right call on Goodwin and will make the right one on Clark as well. He is in career best form as many have said.
Could you imagine the outcry if Goodwin was holding down a 1st grade spot with Madge still coaching while guys like Kennar, Jennings and Hunt weren’t getting a shot.

Siebold knows what he is doing.

southsport

First Grade
I wrote Clark off last year as well mate it wasn’t just you. I’m more referring to some of the comments i’d see on social media where people were literally asking for him to be released and that he was a waste of space in the top squad. If I remember correctly somebody at the ask the bosses asked why we were spending so much cap space on players like Jason Clark. I don’t know how many of the comments Clark would actually read but it’s quite extraordinary how quickly South supporters can turn face.

I don't think that many supporters were willing to admit how bad a coach madge had become and that he was causing talented players to look very ordinary.