What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
Reports some Sydney clubs are willing to pay 500-600k a season for Payne Haas.

For a kid who is yet to play first grade? Sure he's a mammoth of a man but how many times do you see them get to first grade and turn out as nothing more that a bench player at most? Happens a lot i feel.
Big units like that can develop very little in juniors because all they need is their size and strength adavantage to get through their smaller opponents. Up against the men in the NRL, they don't have that advantage and struggle as a result.
It happens in all sport.

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't think we can keep all these backs if Dylan comes back. If Burns stays he won't just wanna be at Norths. Hunt won't wanna be a back rower playing reserve grade either. Then there is Campbell, Arthars, Hiroti, Allen.

Thing is though, outside of Hunt, probably Graham and arguably Burns, the young backs aren't in a position to demand first grade or walk. Souths appear to have set up a 'farm system' similar to what you would see in US sports in my opinion. We bring in these prospects on the cheap, send them away to our farm club (Norths) and see who develops into first grade and who doesn't.
The kids aren't necessarily signed with the view that they'll all play first grade but more with the view of 1 out of 3 doing so. The ones that don't make it are cheap anyway so very little issue with the salary cap.

Rabbits20

Immortal
For a kid who is yet to play first grade? Sure he's a mammoth of a man but how many times do you see them get to first grade and turn out as nothing more that a bench player at most? Happens a lot i feel.
Big units like that can develop very little in juniors because all they need is their size and strength adavantage to get through their smaller opponents. Up against the men in the NRL, they don't have that advantage and struggle as a result.
It happens in all sport.
Geeez he was good tonight for his debut. A special kid is on the money...

callmack1

Staff member
Not good news about Kennar at all. I'll be gutted if he's out for the season as he's been going great.

Let's hope the scans prove otherwise.

doyen

Bench
Not good news about Kennar at all. I'll be gutted if he's out for the season as he's been going great.

Let's hope the scans prove otherwise.

Kennar is fairly injury prone & has played only 14 games over 4 seasons after making his debut with the Storm in 2015;due to injuries.
This will be another long lay-off & another kick in the guts for a very handy player!!

Curns13

Juniors
I never post rumours on here cuz I never know anything, but a mate just told me he’s been told by a mate of his who’s involved with Manly (a friend of a friend basically) that Dylan wants out and is all but confirmed coming home. I have no idea how we could pay him or even where he would play, but it is a rumour and this is a rumours thread, so there you go.

King Bunny

Juniors
That would be great great news i think dylan would finally pull his head in under siebold and play great footy welcome home if true.

handyman2190

Bench
I would go 700K a season for 3 or 4 years, if that is what it took to get Haas to Saints. It would probably turn out to be a bargain, like how Newcastle signed Ponga for 600K a season before he had played one NRL game.
Its been well documented that ponga is being paid 1 mill a season so i dont know were you got this 600k.
In saying that i have said a few times on this thread that the days of intense negotiation are gone, the battle for talent has made it so you have to pay overs and virtually shock a player into signing immediately. Ben hunt the eg he was asking for 850k st george said sign now and get 1.2k but this offer is for now not next week....he signed

Travitoh

First Grade
Its been well documented that ponga is being paid 1 mill a season so i dont know were you got this 600k.
In saying that i have said a few times on this thread that the days of intense negotiation are gone, the battle for talent has made it so you have to pay overs and virtually shock a player into signing immediately. Ben hunt the eg he was asking for 850k st george said sign now and get 1.2k but this offer is for now not next week....he signed

Everything i read was up to 700k

southsport

First Grade
I never post rumours on here cuz I never know anything, but a mate just told me he’s been told by a mate of his who’s involved with Manly (a friend of a friend basically) that Dylan wants out and is all but confirmed coming home. I have no idea how we could pay him or even where he would play, but it is a rumour and this is a rumours thread, so there you go.
Yeah, I read that rumour elsewhere, they even said it could happen before June 30, it has been denied by the Walker camp of course.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Well documented where?

Latest posts