What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Galeforce

Bench
Does that mean there is a chance that Crichton can still back out of his Roosters deal?

The cooling off period for Angus ended in December 2017. The only way Angus can get out of the contract is IF conditions of that contract he signed are not being executed. example did Roosters promise Angus some money for 2018 on the assumption that he would sign with them and Souths would release him early.
IF all conditions of the contract are being met , and If Angus had a change of heart he could request a release , however it would be up for Roosters to agree to release him. Fat chance , unless he played a bluff that he would sit out his contract period ......fat chance

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
The cooling off period for Angus ended in December 2017. The only way Angus can get out of the contract is IF conditions of that contract he signed are not being executed. example did Roosters promise Angus some money for 2018 on the assumption that he would sign with them and Souths would release him early.
IF all conditions of the contract are being met , and If Angus had a change of heart he could request a release , however it would be up for Roosters to agree to release him. Fat chance , unless he played a bluff that he would sit out his contract period ......fat chance
That would apply if the contract has actually been lodged with the NRL. Some talk is it hasn’t actually been registered yet.
But I would say it will be a formality

CAFPOW

Juniors
I still hope some miracle that Angus stays. There are plenty of talented 2nd
Rowers available that the Roosters can sign and they can let go of Crichton.
There's Tony Williams, Ray Stone and Greg Eastwood.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Does that mean there is a chance that Crichton can still back out of his Roosters deal?
I'm not holding my breath, but I haven't heard anything in terms of signing announcements from the Roosters or that they'd lodged his contract with the NRL.

So maybe?

callmack1

Staff member
I thought that Gus never actually signed a contract, just verbally agreed and there was no official contract signed.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Galeforce

Bench
I'm not holding my breath, but I haven't heard anything in terms of signing announcements from the Roosters or that they'd lodged his contract with the NRL.

So maybe?

The cooling off period is not from the date that the contract is lodged with NRL , it is from the date of signing.

Not sure why Roosters have not officially announced it yet however they have unofficially announced it with even Uncle talking about why Angus signed with them and it was not about more money. I thought official website announcement delay was because they were trying to get Souths to agree to a release of Angus during 2018.Perhaps they are waiting until June 30 th to see if Souths release. OR perhaps there are some contract issues / third party they have yet to close on to allow final lodgement and announcement.

This may offer some hope , however the communication from Angus has been , he has signed with Roosters starting 2019 and that it had been a tough decision.

So I think there is as much chance of Angus playing for Souths in 2019 as there is that Walker returns from Manly.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The cooling off period is not from the date that the contract is lodged with NRL , it is from the date of signing.

Not sure why Roosters have not officially announced it yet however they have unofficially announced it with even Uncle talking about why Angus signed with them and it was not about more money. I thought official website announcement delay was because they were trying to get Souths to agree to a release of Angus during 2018.Perhaps they are waiting until June 30 th to see if Souths release. OR perhaps there are some contract issues / third party they have yet to close on to allow final lodgement and announcement.

This may offer some hope , however the communication from Angus has been , he has signed with Roosters starting 2019 and that it had been a tough decision.

So I think there is as much chance of Angus playing for Souths in 2019 as there is that Walker returns from Manly.
There's no cooling off period anymore mate

southsport

First Grade

There is no cooling-off period, the NRL did away with it at the end of 2017.

doyen

Bench
This is probably old news now but Cameron SMITH has retired from rep football;effective immediately.
Qld require a new SOO No.9!!!

callmack1

Staff member
I'm in shock about Smith, honestly. I don't think anyone expected that at all, I mean, you know it's coming but I had no idea it'd be today. If he came out and said this was gonna be his last series it wouldn't be so suprisisng but to do it straight away is just a massive shock.

One of, if not the greatest Maroons of all time no doubt.

Travitoh

First Grade
Dogged the boys

This is probably old news now but Cameron SMITH has retired from rep football;effective immediately.
Qld require a new SOO No.9!!!

I was discussing it last night in a SC group chat and was told that his reason for retiring now was because of a bust up with Walters related to one or some of the selections for the upcoming series.
Plenty of names doing the rounds but the main suggestions are that it could be Darius Boyd being left out of the squad or DCE getting a bench spot ahead of Morgan.

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Dogged the boys

I was discussing it last night in a SC group chat and was told that his reason for retiring now was because of a bust up with Walters related to one or some of the selections for the upcoming series.
Plenty of names doing the rounds but the main suggestions are that it could be Darius Boyd being left out of the squad or DCE getting a bench spot ahead of Morgan.
Yes Trav,I also believe that internal issues have caused Smith to make this decision.
And I honestly believe Smith and his ego do not want to go out on a series loss,once again I can see Smith has made this all about himself and f**k the rest!

Latest posts