What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

doyen

Bench
Do you have a link? Can’t seem to find any article with official confirmation or quote?
Also nothing official in Roosters site either?

The story is on Zero Tackle,I believe!!?? The story heading is--"Crichton Considering Return to RU."

Quote in story says--"I've inked a deal with the Roosters for 3 yrs but after that maybe RU???"

Pommy

Coach
The story is on Zero Tackle,I believe!!?? The story heading is--"Crichton Considering Return to RU."

Quote in story says--"I've inked a deal with the Roosters for 3 yrs but after that maybe RU???"

Was always likely to happen. Why wouldn't he, he has the chance to represent his nation at the highest level whilst the NRL doesn't give a f**k about international spot and tries to sabotage it at every turn.

Considering how well Farah played for us on Friday night, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't one or two NRL teams inquiring about his availability for the rest of this year and maybe even next year, today. Still got until the end of this month to make changes for this year and I'm pretty sure we'd be happy to clear the space in our cap if we could.

Plenty of NRL sides out there at the moment that could do with someone of his ability and apart from a couple of cameo's over this origin period, he'll be playing for the Bears if he stays here.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Aaron Woods would be a good signing for Souths. Everyone is bagging him now which will knock down his price. But he is not as bad as people are saying. His average metres per game is the same as Sam Burgess with a higher tackle efficiency according to the NRL.com stats

The Dogs are struggling because their spine players are useless. The forwards have been going OK and keeping the Dogs competitive in most matches but the poor spine means few points and so few wins
We don't need any more front rowers mate, no matter how desperate you guys are to get rid of him.

Woods' problem is that he takes an eternity from first contact to actually playing the ball (usually because he's trying to force an unnecessary offload) and gives the opposition defensive line too much time to get set, killing his teams forward momentum.

Souths have a game plan built on quick play the balls and the space they give our playmakers. Woods would damage that, not enhance it

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Considering how well Farah played for us on Friday night, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't one or two NRL teams inquiring about his availability for the rest of this year and maybe even next year, today. Still got until the end of this month to make changes for this year and I'm pretty sure we'd be happy to clear the space in our cap if we could.

Plenty of NRL sides out there at the moment that could do with someone of his ability and apart from a couple of cameo's over this origin period, he'll be playing for the Bears if he stays here.

Unless there is someone that we can bring in before July to strengthen the side, i don't see the point in letting Farah go.

Our salary cap seems fine, his contract expires this year so next season's salary cap isn't an issue and should Cook miss more games, Farah is a more than capable replacement.
I'd be holding unless Farah himself tried to force the club's hand.

Unless there is someone that we can bring in before July to strengthen the side, i don't see the point in letting Farah go.

Our salary cap seems fine, his contract expires this year so next season's salary cap isn't an issue and should Cook miss more games, Farah is a more than capable replacement.
I'd be holding unless Farah himself tried to force the club's hand.

I'm not saying we should look to offload him. I'd hold him as well given the choice but if someone comes with an offer for him, particularly if that involves a contract for next year as well then it wouldn't exactly be fair to hold on to him. Particularly when you have someone like Douehi running around that can cover multiple positions.

His game on Friday showed that he has plenty to offer and I think a few teams out there could do worse.

He's 8 months into the year with us so offloading him only free's up around $200k but that sort of money is still useful... In the scheme of things, that's probably enough to sign Jennings again for next year.

We don't need any more front rowers mate, no matter how desperate you guys are to get rid of him.

Woods' problem is that he takes an eternity from first contact to actually playing the ball (usually because he's trying to force an unnecessary offload) and gives the opposition defensive line too much time to get set, killing his teams forward momentum.

Souths have a game plan built on quick play the balls and the space they give our playmakers. Woods would damage that, not enhance it

Part of the reason he takes so long to play the ball is because he backs into the defensive line. Teams have worked out that if you chop him down at the legs, he falls straight on his back.

Was always a terrible signing by the Dogs and would be a terrible signing for Souths.

handyman2190

Bench
Part of the reason he takes so long to play the ball is because he backs into the defensive line. Teams have worked out that if you chop him down at the legs, he falls straight on his back.

Was always a terrible signing by the Dogs and would be a terrible signing for Souths.
As ive already stated i dont rate him and dogs paid him 600k too much.
We will likely win soo wed without him , thank god he is gonsky.
I would however revise our sua offer considering crightons worth at 1m reportedly, he is only 20 600k is what i recon we should give

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Apparently on fox nrl360 crighton wants out of roosters watch this space.
What a merrygoround
On NRL 360 Phil Rothfield confirmed that he was talking about Gus in his article in the Telegraph. He said that Souths are a very tight knit club and Gus loves it there. He hasn't officially approached has manager or the rorters at this stage but a backflip could be on the cards. As Handy said "watch this space"!

Wadsworth

Juniors
Apparently on fox nrl360 crighton wants out of roosters watch this space.
What a merrygoround
This feels like it gives us the tiniest bit of hope... but ultimately just keeps us fans being strung along. There’s a very high probability, that he’s gone, but I feel like Lloyd Christmas after Mary tells him that there’s a 1 in a million chance that they end up together. “So you’re saying there’s a chance!”

Rabbits20

Immortal
On NRL 360 Phil Rothfield confirmed that he was talking about Gus in his article in the Telegraph. He said that Souths are a very tight knit club and Gus loves it there. He hasn't officially approached has manager or the rorters at this stage but a backflip could be on the cards. As Handy said "watch this space"!
We at least we have a tiny glimmer of hope.

95percent tells me he's gone!

Rabbits20

Immortal
This feels like it gives us the tiniest bit of hope... but ultimately just keeps us fans being strung along. There’s a very high probability, that he’s gone, but I feel like Lloyd Christmas after Mary tells him that there’s a 1 in a million chance that they end up together. “So you’re saying there’s a chance!”
Hahaha mate love that movie!!

Galeforce

Bench
Buzz what is the source?

Not his manager as is manager has not been informed , not Roosters as they have not been approached. ? Did Buzz get this from Angus ? doubt it.......what is the source? a forum , lol

There is a chance , 1 in a $2.7m . lets move on until Angus actually tells his manager, no chance until that happens.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Is it possible the Roosters will wait till the end of the season to announce Crichton signing to boost their membership? Or will Crichton will do a backflip to boost Souths membership at the end of the season?

handyman2190

Bench
There will be hell if he dosent TRY it soonas, he has signed , if he dosent give them a chance to replace him they wont let him go