What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money on us seeing Matt McIlwrick here before long. He'd be a good pick-up - solid defensively and good service from dummy half. If Cook gets injured he would be a useful replacement.
I hope not. The guy offers absolutely nothing in attack.

Passing game is average at best and never runs the ball from dummy half (which would be a huge problem for our style of play).

I really think we'll stick with Billy Brittain.

Same style of player as Cook and I doubt Richo/Seibold would have signed him if they didn't think he could perform at first grade level.

handyman2190

Bench
If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money on us seeing Matt McIlwrick here before long. He'd be a good pick-up - solid defensively and good service from dummy half. If Cook gets injured he would be a useful replacement.

Where did you glean this information from?? Source please.
Cant be that good considering, he has been to 4 clubs and wasnt good enough for them to give him a first grade spot, or for the tigers to entice farrah from us.
Id rather pickup a youngster who may develop IMO
Must be your faulty assumptions and lies. :eek: Lol

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
Where did you glean this information from?? Source please.
Cant be that good considering, he has been to 4 clubs and wasnt good enough for them to give him a first grade spot, or for the tigers to entice farrah from us.
Id rather pickup a youngster who may develop IMO
Must be your faulty assumptions and lies. :eek: Lol
No information - pure speculation. But if Cook is injured towards the end of the season (God forbid) I would prefer to have someone with 50 games of first grade under his belt coming into the side for a semi-final than a youngster we might like to develop. That's not the time we want to be developing a newbie

Rabbitoad

Juniors
No information - pure speculation. But if Cook is injured towards the end of the season (God forbid) I would prefer to have someone with 50 games of first grade under his belt coming into the side for a semi-final than a youngster we might like to develop. That's not the time we want to be developing a newbie
Worked fine with Koroisau

themacemaceman

Juniors
I think Cam Murray could fill in at 9 if Cook was injured.
I don’t see Farah going as a big deal
As we haven't been carrying a Hooker on the bench there would obviously be others training in the Hooking role for an injury or HIA , sin binning to Cookie.
Whether they could play 80 mins there is another thing.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
As we haven't been carrying a Hooker on the bench there would obviously be others training in the Hooking role for an injury or HIA , sin binning to Cookie.
Whether they could play 80 mins there is another thing.
Doueihi.

He spent some time there when we gave Cookie an early mark a few weeks back

ThingFish

Juniors
Doueihi.

He spent some time there when we gave Cookie an early mark a few weeks back
I think anywhere you put Doueihi he’ll shine. He has a natural gift, what used to be called a football brain. He wouldn’t let us down. He wouldn’t have Cook’s speed, few would, but with his size and instinct could be just as effective using support speed. Plus you can’t fault his D. He’d be my pick.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think anywhere you put Doueihi he’ll shine. He has a natural gift, what used to be called a football brain. He wouldn’t let us down. He wouldn’t have Cook’s speed, few would, but with his size and instinct could be just as effective using support speed. Plus you can’t fault his D. He’d be my pick.
I question whether he could handle having to make 40 tackles... I still think physically he's some work to do.

I'd go for Murray....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Doueihi will do whatever needs to be done. Doueihi or Murray we can’t go wrong, and either way I don’t think we need to panic about a backup hooker.
I just prefer Murray for the defensive side of things!! He's better at stopping big bodies whilst defending our own line within our own 20 Douiehi in the middle would be a target to be trundled over!

Maybe if it comes to it we could play Murray at hooker to start and then move Murray to back row or take him off and give Douiehi the last 25mins.