What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
I wouldn’t be paying $400k for an injury prone back rower. If another team is willing to, I say let him go.

There are very few players in RL who aren't 'injury prone'.
I wouldn't describe Fui as being made of glass. He hasn't had constant knee problems like GI or hamstring issues like AR and Murray or concussions like Cook in 2016. Even Sam has had a few glute injuries in the past couple of seasons.
Fui played every game after his debut last season and suffered a freak injury at the start of this year.
Rounds 21-26 in 2017 Fui didn't miss a minute and after his second match, never dropped below 40.
Make of that what you will.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Don't you just love how it's being reported by the Mole that the Rorters are close to signing Pangai Jr. and that he's going to cost 600k per season.
But according to them it's no problem for them as their TPD's will take care of it.
Then they go onto report that Su'a has fallen through with us but we are still in the hunt for a replacement for Anus!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I like Fuimaono a lot as a player. i know it’s hard to crack into first grade as a player when the side is going so well but I hope we give him another contract. I love the way he runs the ball and reckon he could play consistent first grade for years to come. Looks to be between Britt, Fuimaono and Sironen currently though.

I'd prefer Sam still at lock mate and Sutto and Murray in the back row!

Yeah I think Murray could be great in the back row as well. He has pretty good ball running ability from what I’ve seen and some good offloading skills.

callmack1

Staff member
I like Fuimaono a lot as a player. i know it’s hard to crack into first grade as a player when the side is going so well but I hope we give him another contract. I love the way he runs the ball and reckon he could play consistent first grade for years to come. Looks to be between Britt, Fuimaono and Sironen currently though.

Yeah I think Murray could be great in the back row as well. He has pretty good ball running ability from what I’ve seen and some good offloading skills.
Agreed, I absoulutely loved Fui last year and I do believe he's a real talent. So aggressive in anything he does and it's so goo to watch. I think this year, he's just been unlucky. It was unfortunate timimning with his injury in Round 2 and because of the way we have been going, he hasn't been able to force his way back in.

I hope we can re-sign him but guys like Murray and Cook are more important.

ThingFish

Juniors
Agreed, I absoulutely loved Fui last year and I do believe he's a real talent. So aggressive in anything he does and it's so goo to watch. I think this year, he's just been unlucky. It was unfortunate timimning with his injury in Round 2 and because of the way we have been going, he hasn't been able to force his way back in.

I hope we can re-sign him but guys like Murray and Cook are more important.
But 2 weeks into his comeback he’s back in a moon boot injured again. That’s a risky investment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't you just love how it's being reported by the Mole that the Rorters are close to signing Pangai Jr. and that he's going to cost 600k per season.
But according to them it's no problem for them as their TPD's will take care of it.
Then they go onto report that Su'a has fallen through with us but we are still in the hunt for a replacement for Anus!
Can't say I'm surprised.... whatever they want they get..

CliveC

Juniors
Clearly Hall and Morris to replace Fergo and the centre who partners Mitchell.
They have to pay x dollars for these two what happens to the Mitchell's centre partner.
The Sack?
How much are they paying for their players zilch?

southsport

First Grade
Clearly Hall and Morris to replace Fergo and the centre who partners Mitchell.
They have to pay x dollars for these two what happens to the Mitchell's centre partner.
The Sack?
How much are they paying for their players zilch?
According to an informed poster on another site the roosters are the club most into TPAs, even more than the broncos.........but that doesn't come as a surprise to any of us.

handyman2190

Bench
According to an informed poster on another site the roosters are the club most into TPAs, even more than the broncos.........but that doesn't come as a surprise to any of us.
Yes but there is a rule apparently that tpas can only make up a third of the total a player gets.....obviously its 1 rule for most and another for the selected few

southsport

First Grade
Yes but there is a rule apparently that tpas can only make up a third of the total a player gets.....obviously its 1 rule for most and another for the selected few
Yes, that may be right, but there's no cap on how many players in one club can have TPAs.........or is that incorrect?

handyman2190

Bench
Yes, that may be right, but there's no cap on how many players in one club can have TPAs.........or is that incorrect?
Yes thats correct every player can have tpas if you can find them...which is why 1 city teams broncos cowboys etc are in front not having to fight to get them unlike in sydney, but if you have politises big businessmen who can use their contacts its easier

handyman2190

Bench
Then you have the nrl who are suppose to monitor how much tpas, the % of a players salary a tpa comprises , that show intense favouratism and you could say corruption allowing some eg rorters to rort. If u consider each club was spose to use 90% of their cap how can they lose 1 and sign 2