What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'd be surprised if Clark is on anything like $300k.

Really SS? You gotta be realistic here. Grand finalist player, veteran of the club, can cover multiple positions. Not too mention he’s probably looking for job security as well. How do we know Clark will be the same player 2 years ahead? We don’t wanna be paying a reserve grader, a first grade salary? I love Clarky but there’s no way he comes cheap. Not expensive but not cheap either. If the rumours about Kyle Turner’s salary being hefty are true then I don’t see why Clark would be any different. We would actually be doing him a favour by not offering him a contract because we know he could get a decent contract elsewhere. Knowing the kind of loyal bloke he is, he’d probably be willing to take unders to stay and that’s just unfair to him and his family.

southsport

First Grade
Really SS? You gotta be realistic here. Grand finalist player, veteran of the club, can cover multiple positions. Not too mention he’s probably looking for job security as well. How do we know Clark will be the same player 2 years ahead? We don’t wanna be paying a reserve grader, a first grade salary? I love Clarky but there’s no way he comes cheap. Not expensive but not cheap either. If the rumours about Kyle Turner’s salary being hefty are true then I don’t see why Clark would be any different. We would actually be doing him a favour by not offering him a contract because we know he could get a decent contract elsewhere. Knowing the kind of loyal bloke he is, he’d probably be willing to take unders to stay and that’s just unfair to him and his family.
You can go on about it as much as you like but I'd still be surprised.

handyman2190

Bench
It would be around $250-280k I reckon.

I reckon Turner is on 350k. Madge screwed that one up.
Well and truely stuffed it, even before his neck injury he was only just an average first grader , def not worth more than 200k he has been told to look elseware but has another year to run and i doubt he will find another cow like us.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well and truely stuffed it, even before his neck injury he was only just an average first grader , def not worth more than 200k he has been told to look elseware but has another year to run and i doubt he will find another cow like us.
Only team I can think that may take him would be the Titans... or maybe Moanly.

But we’d be paying most of his last year for sure.

southsport

First Grade
Link doesn’t work bro.

Not far off though.. I reckon he’s on a bit more than you think Southy and Souths Till I Die made some very good points imo.
If Clarky keeps playing like that he would be worth $300k though.

Money shouldn't be an issue because Angus is going elsewhere and Souths haven't signed anyone of note to replace him, I know that upgrades have to be considered but they knew that before they made the offer to Angus.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade

Money shouldn't be an issue because Angus is going elsewhere and Souths haven't signed anyone of note to replace him, I know that upgrades have to be considered but they knew that before they made the offer to Angus.

Crichton won't be on a whole lot, possibly less than Clark.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Who says they make all of those upgrades if Angus stays?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Not now he wouldn't, but he would have been offered a sizable contract, so Souths should still have that money in hand (or at least a fair chunk of it).
Upgraded Walker and Doueihi. Will need to upgrade Jennings to keep him. Need to find money to keep Cook, Sam, Murray, Graham, Tom and George long term.

For all we know Sutton's money could have been budgeted into Angus' offer since most thought this would be his last year.

Travitoh

First Grade
Not now he wouldn't, but he would have been offered a sizable contract, so Souths should still have that money in hand (or at least a fair chunk of it).

True but i would say that the money budgeted for Crichton wouldn't have taken Cook's rise into consideration.
Just speculating here but i would guess that moving Clark on would be to free up his salary to upgrade Murray.

southsport

First Grade
True but i would say that the money budgeted for Crichton wouldn't have taken Cook's rise into consideration.
Just speculating here but i would guess that moving Clark on would be to free up his salary to upgrade Murray.
Yeah, it could be the case that the performances of Cook, Murray, Doueihi and Graham have exceeded expectations and it will cost a lot more to upgrade them than was originally envisaged, I believe the club has said that they are now not looking to replace Angus but will fill his position from within and I guess Clark isn't seen as part of the future.