What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah, it could be the case that the performances of Cook, Murray, Doueihi and Graham have exceeded expectations and it will cost a lot more to upgrade them than was originally envisaged, I believe the club has said that they are now not looking to replace Angus but will fill his position from within and I guess Clark isn't seen as part of the future.
Don't know who apart from murray who may come into the second row who else deserves. As far as i can see fui needs a lot of improvement, his defence is average.

southsport

First Grade
Don't know who apart from murray who may come into the second row who else deserves. As far as i can see fui needs a lot of improvement, his defence is average.
There does seem to be a bit of a hole in our 2019 line-up atm and Sutto's not getting any younger (that's if he is re-signed).

Don't forget that Farah's $$$ probably will cover Cook's upgrade so you'd think there is room for another signing, maybe Taupau?

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Clarky keeps playing like that he would be worth $300k though.

Money shouldn't be an issue because Angus is going elsewhere and Souths haven't signed anyone of note to replace him, I know that upgrades have to be considered but they knew that before they made the offer to Angus.
But we are gonna have to pay the Burgi a bit more I read a couple of months ago. We are upping their deals a bit.

AJ, Campbell and Jennings will need upgrades.

Don’t forget Douiehi is supposedly on 350.

We also have to upgrade Cookie which won’t be cheap and upgrade Tatola a bit plus Murray too.

Turner is taking up space as well along with Musgrove. We will have to pay part of their deals to play elsewhere.

Remember we had to upgrade Cody too. You’d think he’d be on 600k now.

I get where you’re coming from though Southy. We don’t deal in a scummy manner though like you know who’s...

Rabbits20

Immortal
There does seem to be a bit of a hole in our 2019 line-up atm and Sutto's not getting any younger (that's if he is re-signed).

Don't forget that Farah's $$$ probably will cover Cook's upgrade so you'd think there is room for another signing, maybe Taupau?
Yeah we sure are light on in the back row for next season.

I sure don’t see us going as well next year as this. Like could still be in the 8 but without backrowers and depth there we won’t be in the four.

Taupau last was rumoured to Sharks or Rorters...

I’d take him though for sure.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
What do you all think makes signing for us unattractive to players.
There was a recent survey done by the players of all clubs as to which team they would like to sign for other than their current club.
Melbourne,Rorters and Brisbane all polled highly,we didn't rate a mention.
I would suggest that Third Party agreements were high on the players consideration when making this decision.
I'm always at a loss as to why we aren't up there as a major player when TPA's are discussed.
Can anybody enlighten me regarding this as it seems we always miss the boat when trying to sign quality players.

southsport

First Grade
There was a recent survey done by the players of all clubs as to which team they would like to sign for other than their current club.
I would suggest that Third Party agreements were high on the players consideration when making this decision.
I'm always at a loss as to why we aren't up there as a major player when TPA's are discussed.
Can anybody enlighten me regarding this as it seems we always miss the boat when trying to sign quality players.
The Madge stigma is still with us. ;)

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Miss the boat? We signed Dane Gagai this year.

We have multiple big money players under contract and we don't cheat the rules in place for TPAs.

I think a lot of muppets gossip about us supposedly chasing players that we aren't actually chasing and that makes it seem worse than it is.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It would be around $250-280k I reckon.

I reckon Turner is on 350k. Madge screwed that one up.

Well it would make sense that Turner is on a good pay if the club actually is trying to offload him, otherwise he would be a good depth player on cheap coin. He was playing very well for the Bears when I watched him the other day.

As for Clark I see it the same way. If he was cheap then he would be the same. The club would be resigning him without hestitation. I think possibly a big reason why we usually don’t recruit big name players (except Gagai who has been a gem) is that we don’t lowball players that are loyal to us and probably end up paying them a bit more than they’re worth. But then you’ve also got exceptions for players like Sam who is one of the best forwards to play this game and is on less than a mil.

wabbits21

Juniors

2 words for ya.....SHANE RICHARDSON

Pommy

Coach

Even the players don’t want to go to f**king ANZ.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We have to play GI next week.

If not we could struggle..

We need some of our injured boys back even if they are at 90percent.

ThingFish

Juniors
We have to play GI next week.

If not we could struggle..

We need some of our injured boys back even if they are at 90percent.
Nah. Rest them up. At full strength we can beat any of the top 8. We could do this from outside the 4. But we need em fresh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nah. Rest them up. At full strength we can beat any of the top 8. We could do this from outside the 4. But we need em fresh.
Sorry I disagree. Making top four is vital. If we put in a massive one week one then the week off would be just what we need.

If we finish out of the 4 we can not win the comp imo. You can’t just have the boys back and see right they haven’t played together in ages and are rusty blowing out cobwebs but I need your best game and flick a fuse... that’s not how footy always works imo.

Latest posts