What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs v Wigan @ Sat 17th Feb, 7:45 kick off

ThingFish

Juniors
I fell in love with the Hull supporters,great bunch of Ladies and Gentlemen and can they drink OMG they can drink.
Went back with them to their hotel across from ANZ,f**k the bar fridge they had storage tubs full of ice and beer in their rooms,talk about the song"I get knocked down but I get up again"!
Would be the first person on a plane if we ever took a tour to England....awesome night!
I did the St Helen’s tour in 2015. The atmosphere in the ground was amazing. Non stop singing. They love a sing along, especially in the pubs before and after the games.

Edit: I’ve got a little savings effort going for the 2021 World Cup in England. Should be a blast!!

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Withdrawing my statement about Jennings while rewatching the game, he actually did some good stuff. Has some decent defence as well. I think Hunt and Jennings are competing for the last spot next week.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I did the St Helen’s tour in 2015. The atmosphere in the ground was amazing. Non stop singing. They love a sing along, especially in the pubs before and after the games.

Edit: I’ve got a little savings effort going for the 2021 World Cup in England. Should be a blast!!
Mate God willing I'm on that plane with you!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah, I think I have to eat some humble pie as well. Graham actually had a better game than I thought. :astonished:

It’s a heat of the moment thing I reckon. Graham does tend to rush in a lot which I’m sure will be fixed in time. He’s got a ridiculous amount of ability though.

Our right side was really solid the whole night and I can’t really take anything away from Jennings and Kennar because they really held their own. Assuming Gagai and GI are gonna be our centres then I guess it comes down to who would be a better winger out of Jennings, Hunt and Graham. I can see Hiroti coming into the fold when Origin hits as well.

ThingFish

Juniors
It’s a heat of the moment thing I reckon. Graham does tend to rush in a lot which I’m sure will be fixed in time. He’s got a ridiculous amount of ability though.

Our right side was really solid the whole night and I can’t really take anything away from Jennings and Kennar because they really held their own. Assuming Gagai and GI are gonna be our centres then I guess it comes down to who would be a better winger out of Jennings, Hunt and Graham. I can see Hiroti coming into the fold when Origin hits as well.
You’re right. For mine Hunt so far, but Charity Shield might give us the real answer. When AJ was on field we had so many options. Imagine those multiplied by Walker, GI and Gagi. With Cook out of dummy half. I’m starting to get real excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

southsport

First Grade
You’re right. For mine Hunt so far, but Charity Shield might give us the real answer. When AJ was on field we had so many options. Imagine those multiplied by Walker, GI and Gagi. With Cook out of dummy half. I’m starting to get real excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apparently Hunt has a hamstring injury but i don't know how severe it is.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Withdrawing my statement about Jennings while rewatching the game, he actually did some good stuff. Has some decent defence as well. I think Hunt and Jennings are competing for the last spot next week.
I think both should be there.
It will come down to where GI ends up

AJ
Jennings
Gagai
GI
Hunt

GI
Jennings
Gagai
Hunt
AJ

Kennar, Campbell & Burns to apply pressure on the above

I still prefer a fit GI at fullback and AJ on the wing

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jennings defence is quite dodgy..... sorry bro....

Hunt definitely ahead but apparently he has a hamstring issue..

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think both should be there.
It will come down to where GI ends up

AJ
Jennings
Gagai
GI
Hunt

GI
Jennings
Gagai
Hunt
AJ

Kennar, Campbell & Burns to apply pressure on the above

I still prefer a fit GI at fullback and AJ on the wing
Imo Jennings last season was dodgy under the high ball and his wing positioning... I'd have Kennar there instead.

Last night Graham only made 5 hit ups for 40m. Our backs need to do more to help the forwards out.....

Thadius

Juniors
The opposition were dreadful, especially their backline.

Wigan earmarked the two competition points they gained the week before against Hull, that was their goal.

Souths were ok but it wasn’t a test.

Hiroti and Tracey were the one’s that caught my eye, however Tracey is an eternity behind Renno, so any talk of him displacing our number one half in the immediate future is folly.

Hiroti was most willing and for a lad not overly big he took some bringing down, maybe a keeper.

Jennings and Hunt were so so. Jennings missed some simple one on one tackles and Hunt had a good fist 20mins and then faded rather noticeably and looked much again like last year and the errors came.

Douehi was ok as well but a bit kick happy.

Robbie surprised at half, went well.

Not sold on Nicholls or Britt, solid enough but doubt they would be that effective against a recongnised NRL pack.

Not getting carried away with this at all, especially after watching it twice. Wigan threw very little at us.

Felt sorry for Joe Burgess who’s a damn fine winger, but with B grade average centres inside him, he was made look ordinary.

Saints next week will be several rungs up the ladder compared to this mob and we will get a more accurate idea of how we’re going.

But, good to have the footy back.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'v only just put the game on.
Has Cook bulked up a bit over the summer? He doesn't look as lean to me