What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs v Wigan @ Sat 17th Feb, 7:45 kick off

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
For me personally I think the team looks 1000x better with Cook running the show. Farah is not a bad back up option for halfback though I think they’ve both played well tonight. We’re playing some good footy.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Really, the whole team played well. Few errors and rusty but they looked hungry. We’re flush for talent in the backline. Hunt was excellent and if GI is at fullback I suspect Hunt will fill the centre.
Twins looked good but George needs to steer clear of dummy half!
Tracey could put serious pressure on Reynolds who I doubt will be there for round 1.
Nicholas was great and Clark was excellent.
There could be a few surprises in the side come round 1.
Baby steps...

Really, the whole team played well. Few errors and rusty but they looked hungry. We’re flush for talent in the backline. Hunt was excellent and if GI is at fullback I suspect Hunt will fill the centre.
Twins looked good but George needs to steer clear of dummy half!
Tracey could put serious pressure on Reynolds who I doubt will be there for round 1.
Nicholas was great and Clark was excellent.
There could be a few surprises in the side come round 1.
Baby steps...
Hunt was excellent, and if GI plays centre I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes inside Gagai. I know this is not likely to happen.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Find us another goal kicker and for mine Tracey looks the goods.......sharp,good vision and hungry.
Watch your back AR!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's Callmack's mate, and I think he was robbed a try. Can't believe they didn't at least have a second look.

Definitely robbed a try. I don’t know in what world rolling over is a double movement. Oh well.

Yeah Hiroti looked solid too

I thought it was Arthars the whole time lol. But yeah I feel like he can really be something special. Has some serious pace and footwork.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Hymel Hunt was awesome. Killed it in defence and two line breaks in the first half.

Nicholls and Britt didn't set a foot wrong all night. Both worked their asses off and laid the platform for us.

Kennar looks the goods. Doueihi and Tracey both showed huge promise.

Great way to start the year

callmack1

Staff member
Thank god the footy is back!

Delighted with that performance tonight, such a young side and we bet one of the best sides in the Super League!

I genuinely didn't expect us to get the win but it was a pretty decent performance and I'm pretty happy with it. A few errors and stuff but that's to be expected at this time of year.

How good is it to see some expansive footy?! It's clearly a new style and it was looking bloody fantastic in that first half! It's great to see.

I won't do a full match review as it's only Pre-Season but here's my three stand outs:

Cook: Electric tonight. Yes, he had a few poor moments but the rest was all class, we look 1,000 times better with him at hooker. Just so much faster and our attack was running hot. When Farah went to hooker, it all slowed down and it didn't look as good. The speed then picked up again when Cook went back on.

Hunt: Great stuff. In both attack and defence he was brilliant. Has certainly put himself in the frame for Round 1

T.Burgess: Great game from Tom. He did a lot of work, made plenty of meters, his try was great and no errors!

Honourable mentions to Clark, Nicholls, Tatola, Doueihi and Jennings too.

Also really liked how patient we were in the second half. We weren't scoring but we didn't panic or get frustrated, just kept applying pressure and it payed off eventually.

A solid performance all round for the first hit out of 2018 and Seibold's first game. Still heaps to work on but it was great to clear out the cobwebs and get a great win.

This is a whole new look. I'm excited!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Thank god the footy is back!

Delighted with that performance tonight, such a young side and we bet one of the best sides in the Super League!

I genuinely didn't expect us to get the win but it was a pretty decent performance and I'm pretty happy with it. A few errors and stuff but that's to be expected at this time of year.

How good is it to see some expansive footy?! It's clearly a new style and it was looking bloody fantastic in that first half! It's great to see.

I won't do a full match review as it's only Pre-Season but here's my three stand outs:

Cook: Electric tonight. Yes, he had a few poor moments but the rest was all class, we look 1,000 times better with him at hooker. Just so much faster and our attack was running hot. When Farah went to hooker, it all slowed down and it didn't look as good. The speed then picked up again when Cook went back on.

Hunt: Great stuff. In both attack and defence he was brilliant. Has certainly put himself in the frame for Round 1

T.Burgess: Great game from Tom. He did a lot of work, made plenty of meters, his try was great and no errors!

Honourable mentions to Clark, Nicholls, Tatola, Doueihi and Jennings too.

Also really liked how patient we were in the second half. We weren't scoring but we didn't panic or get frustrated, just kept applying pressure and it payed off eventually.

A solid performance all round for the first hit out of 2018 and Seibold's first game. Still heaps to work on but it was great to clear out the cobwebs and get a great win.

This is a whole new look. I'm excited!
I loved the work ethic Madge brought to our team, but already under Seibold we've shown more depth in our options in attack.

How good will it be to see our team play THIS style of footy with G.I, Gagai, Cody Walker, Reynolds and Big Sam in the team.

Now I actually reckon Farah is a better half in our side than a hooker.
I thought Farah should have moved to halfback for the Tigers after Scott Prince left.

I think this will be his last season and that he's best used as cover for this season, but I definitely agree that he's better in the halves than at hooker

DC_fan

Coach
we looked pretty good in the 1st half, but very ordinary in the 2nd. I suppose this should have been expected given the team we had on the field.

Pommy

Coach
Hard to know what to make of that game. We had heaps of repeat sets and didn’t really threaten with many of them, but Wigan did well in defence.
Really didn’t expect the win with the team we put out.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Hard to know what to make of that game. We had heaps of repeat sets and didn’t really threaten with many of them, but Wigan did well in defence.
Really didn’t expect the win with the team we put out.
To be fair, that's the worst team we'll put out there this season.

Add Walker and Reynolds to create opportunities and the likes of Inglis, Gagai and Sam to capitalise off them (plus guys like Murray, Musgrove etc to do the dirty work) and that style of footy will produce plenty of opportunities for points