What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race for top 4

footy75

Bench
With everyone complaining about the top 8 being over, the race for top 4 is as tight as ever.

Which teams do you think will make it and get the double chance?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Souffs and Melbourne will stay. I think Penrith and Drags are a good chance to drop out, replaced by 2 of Roosters, Sharks and Broncos.

Springs09

Juniors
Hoping Dragons and Panthers can hang on and Warriors fight back. The worst possible outcome for this year after the promising start we had with Knights, Tigers & Warriors finally winning again would be to have prelim finals consisting of Storm, Roosters, Sharks & Broncos.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hoping Dragons and Panthers can hang on and Warriors fight back. The worst possible outcome for this year after the promising start we had with Knights, Tigers & Warriors finally winning again would be to have prelim finals consisting of Storm, Roosters, Sharks & Broncos.
Hopefully the Origin period being over this week and Panthers getting a few guys back soon will help. But they have a pretty tough draw to finish the season.

Dragons though have a pretty easy draw coming up. I think they'll hold on comfortably.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Hopefully the Origin period being over this week and Panthers getting a few guys back soon will help. But they have a pretty tough draw to finish the season.

Dragons though have a pretty easy draw coming up. I think they'll hold on comfortably.

These are the games over previous years the Dragons normally lose.
This year I hope it's different.
I don't see South's or Melbourne dropping out of the 4.
I'm hoping Penrith & Saints stay up there.

phonetic

Juniors
With our draw being on the soft side, we should hang on. In saying that, nothing would surprise me.

I feel a few of our guys are playing pretty sore (de Belin, Graham) and could definitely use a rest. Mary will probably play them into the ground however, with a straight sets departure very much on the cards if we do scrape into the 4.

Saint Doc

Coach
So is the optimal possible top 8 (for crowds, interest week 1)

I would say:
1. Souths
2. Dragons
3. Sharks
4. Roosters
5. Storm
6. Broncos
7. Panthers
8. Warriors

Souths vs Roosters ANZ
Dragons vs Sharks SFS
Storm vs Warriors AAMI
Broncos vs Panthers Suncorp

Week 2
Sharks vs Panthers SFS
Roosters vs Storm SFS

Week 3
Souths vs Panthers ANZ
Dragons vs Roosters SFS

GRAND FINAL
Souths vs Dragons

Premiers Dragons

Who is with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This Year?

Immortal
So is the optimal possible top 8 (for crowds, interest week 1)

I would say:
1. Souths
2. Dragons
3. Sharks
4. Roosters
5. Storm
6. Broncos
7. Panthers
8. Warriors

Souths vs Roosters ANZ
Dragons vs Sharks SFS
Storm vs Warriors AAMI
Broncos vs Panthers Suncorp

Week 2
Sharks vs Panthers SFS
Roosters vs Storm SFS

Week 3
Souths vs Panthers ANZ
Dragons vs Roosters SFS

GRAND FINAL
Souths vs Dragons

Premiers Dragons

Who is with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That would give me a massive boner watching the Broncos, Storm, Roosters and Sharks bowing out of the finals with the icing on the cake being an lol@50uffs. R20 would be spamming the Grand final thread like they had won it before a ball is kicked.

I'm totally with you
1f61c.png

Life's Good

Coach
no faith in Dragons.

We are staring at the same fade as 2015 & 2017 not just in terms of results but the makeup of the team eg carrying under performers, poor bench selection/rotation/use. I'm confident of making the finals but unless there are a couple of huge individual performances we won't fire much of a shot. Of course things can change but the trend isn't good at all.

This Year?

Immortal
We are staring at the same fade as 2015 & 2017 not just in terms of results but the makeup of the team eg carrying under performers, poor bench selection/rotation/use. I'm confident of making the finals but unless there are a couple of huge individual performances we won't fire much of a shot. Of course things can change but the trend isn't good at all.

I'm not confident of making the finals until we are 2 competition points clear of 9th with a +80 differential in round 25.

blaza88z

Coach
Something seriously fishy going on at the Dragons, Mary is quickly falling into the Matthew Elliot category as a coach, knows the ins and outs of the game but absolutely sucks and managing and motivating his men, the Dragons have started like bombs for a good few seasons now, unfortunately the timer on that bomb isn't set for the duration of the season and with that roster, there are no excuses

If you're a Dragons fan you're hoping that the performance against the Tigers (who are comfortably outside of the 8) was nothing more than a hangover from State of Origin with a few key players involved, they've got everything you want in a potential premiership winning side, top class halves, big mobile forwards, speed in the backs

This could be the end for Mary if he can't get his troops firing, as I said.. there's no excuses for him

carcharias

Immortal
It’s clear the dragons have f**k all depth
First good representation in state of origin in years and they’ve had 72 points out on them in 2 weeks.
Could’ve been more.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Sharks will be there. The boys do not see it as a "second bight of cherry" they see it as a chance for a week off and one less game to the title.

Latest posts