What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders /Donkeys Coming in form or premature?

Wondering what the smarter than I, football brains think of this weekends form. Donkeys bashed tits halves (and forwards) out of the game, Raiders withstood Cronullas first 10 minutes domination to return serve for next 70...Sharks clocked off ? Are these two sides coming into form at right time ,or are they playing their Grand finals too early?

BTW Its first time i started a post... Be gentle ...haha!

snout

First Grade
Raiders are shit. We were deplorable. A decent side sbouldve racked up 50+

Broncs can blow you away if you are weak. Thats their aim. Tried it against Parra until Parra stood up. Titans are weak. We wont be.

Bennett got into ash taylors head going in to the game saying they will chase him and papers were all over it saying $1M etc.
Titans also wouldve been thinking hes gone as he wont win anything on Goldie.
So bennetts llan worked. Totally disrupted tbeir camp.

Be interesting to see if he tries it with us. Maybe calls out Bird.

Storm will be there on GF day. And we are the only team tbat beat them on that day.
And bellamy and bis big 3 know it.

Craigshark

First Grade
I reckon if you asked the Storm who they didn't want to play in the GF, the answer would be us.

Raiders are not as hot as it may seem over the past few weeks.

Broncos belted a G/Coast team that have put the cue in the rack since last week.

For me our season is on the line this weekend against the Donkies. If we lose forget top 4 and forget b2b.

I was really disappointed with some of our key players performances against the Faiders.

In particular Townsend and Graham who knew they both had to be switched on in the absence of Maloney.

I can't believe we've lost a potential gun half in Metcalf in Holden Cup and will be stuck with Mr. Average Chad Townsend over the next few years.

That loss will bite us on the bum. He has been a standout in Holden Cup since he's come into the side.

The Club have dropped the ball on that one for mine.

southland

Juniors
It will be an interesting transition next year and the following... I'm all about Gal and Lewis off the bench next year. Heigington gone replace him with Gubb or Ava S. Pity we lost Nu Brown, he has been looking great in a side that is looking kind of shit.

snout

First Grade

Broncos belted a G/Coast team that have put the cue in the rack since last week.

For me our season is on the line this weekend against the Donkies. If we lose forget top 4 and forget b2b.

I was really disappointed with some of our key players performances against the Faiders.

In particular Townsend and Graham who knew they both had to be switched on in the absence of Maloney.

I can't believe we've lost a potential gun half in Metcalf in Holden Cup and will be stuck with Mr. Average Chad Townsend over the next few years.

That loss will bite us on the bum. He has been a standout in Holden Cup since he's come into the side.

Wheres metcalf gone?

A trainer i spoke to over the weekend reckons the Raiders are cming in to form & that it takes the likes of their big guys most of the season to get match fit. No coincidence that as they are finding fitness, their halves have stepped right up too. Sezer was fantastic against us.

Card Shark

Immortal
Raiders have left their run too late.

Broncos always beat the Titans, usually with lots of help from the refs.

I would discount last week's form from us & them, Friday's game will be hard fought! We won't roll over like the Titans did although their confidence will be high, unlike ours.

jack059

Juniors

Metcalf has played 4 games. Jack Williams (jnr) has played 15 and although only a small player plays with a big heart.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Form is very difficult to gauge this year. Broncos got owned by Parra last week and then they thrash the give ups. Canberra can't beat teams not in the 8 but save there best for us? We need a good win this week, scrape home against the Cows and thrash the Roosters once more and we will be in the right frame for the semis. Flanno may rest plenty v the Knights if that happens.

snout

First Grade
Bennett got into ash taylors head going in to the game saying they will chase him and papers were all over it saying $1M etc.
Titans also wouldve been thinking hes gone as he wont win anything on Goldie.
So bennetts llan worked. Totally disrupted tbeir camp.

Be interesting to see if he tries it with us. Maybe calls out Bird.
Just as l predicted last Monday.

How desparate is bennett.....throwing grenades into whatever team he plays each week.

Gonna bite you on your bony arse this week wayne

Last edited: