What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Training in Moruya

greeneyed

First Grade
It was reported on WIN TV news tonight that the Raiders have now shifted training from Duntroon in Canberra to Moruya. For all those out of town, this is the transcript:

"The Raiders have continued their preseason build up. The side moved camp to the coast with the aim to freshen up before the Christmas break.

After doing the hard yards at Duntroon, the scenery changed dramatically for the Green Machine this week. And what better place to spend the preseason build up than the coastal surrounds of Moruya. It's the start of the long haul towards the 2004 NRL season and while we're a long way from kick off next year, the hard work has already begun for the Green Machine.

Again it was a military style exercise, with two camps set the task of building a sand bag wall.

"We've done plenty of bagging but not sand bagging" (said Luke Davico).

"I've been in Canberra all my life, so I've never had to get sand bags out for floods and things like that, so it's a bit different" (said Mark McLinden).

For former coast boy Michael Weyman it was all about local knowledge.

"Yeah mate, everyone know's who's boss and I've just got to keep going" (Weyman said).

But the trip had a different purpose: "To reinforce our relationship with the South Coast and make sure we put a human face to the Raiders" (said coach Matthew Elliot).

With the walls built, the highlight followed: an egg fight which began with a Mexican standoff and ended in a mad scramble. "Its times like that when journalists and head coaches actually remove themselves from the area" (Matthew Elliot said).

The Raiders return home this weekend, back to normal over the coming weeks. That is, if there is such a thing, for our now very tanned Green Machine."

Raider_69

Post Whore
intresting, an eWo avater, praising getta my waymen and finishing off with "go you sharkies"

i tend to stick to the one team, but each to their own
:p :lol: :lol:

Latest posts