What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Discussion

11356_797209630318093_8141329896692789976_n.jpg

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Got to meet Hacksaw Jim Duggan at the Armageddon in Auckland this weekend (I was only up there for him & MacGuyver, though DJ Qualls i.e. skinny Roadtrip dude, was also funny after having seen him as part of group in Wellington earlier in the year).

2zgrok6.jpg

I've protected my mate's identity with high-tech security protocols, that's me on the right. He was a cheerful fullah, really liked our t-shirts, was a kick to do a HOOOOOO with the big guy!

That is all, just felt like sharing haha!

On current, just watched HIAC, was really surprised they let Ambrose/Rollins main event, though I guess it was more for the special effects stuff with Bray at the end?
The crowd was hot for a finish, seemed a shame to deflate them with the non-finish, though the looped Latin sounding chant with the creepy hologram thing was kinda cool. I'm fine with Bray going dark again, the "WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS" thing I think ran it's course and I don't mind Rollins/Ambrose extending so I'm OKish (pending where they go from here, haven't watched Raw yet of course so it may have gone all screwy already!!!!)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good bugger.
I missed this years as Hacksaw was literally the only guy I'd want to meet.
Do you know if he performed in the wrestling that was happening?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah he was in a tag match on the Sunday, which was fun, crowd was loving it with the thumbs up and the HOOOOO and swinging the 2x4 around and the U-S-A chants (he looked quite chuffed when the crowd was chanting U-S-A unprovoked, then got a microphone and said "Thank you thank you, but it should be "NEW-ZEA-LAND! NEW-ZEA-LAND!" to which the crowd started chanting which felt weird hah!).

Funny moment during match was when the ref was having classic issues with the heel wrestlers and manager in terms of stopping ring-out count, Jim turned around on the apron and said "This is the worst referee ever" then when he got tagged in he went to throw the ref out of the ring before his tag partner calmed him down. Love those sorts of little things.

Finished off with the heel team trying to double-team Duggan with that tried and true method of one guy holding Duggans arms behind his back but then Duggan ducked out of the way at last second for the heels to hit each other, then 3-point-stance bam clothesline/shoulderblock (can't actually remember what exactly he did on the day) and Hacksaw for the win!!!

Only downer was the panel on the Monday was slated to take place on Main Stage at 1pm, the hosts didn't know where Duggan was then (kept saying he'll be there soon), then finally at quarter past we get word that he was taken to the wrestling ring (on other end of complex) for the Q&A by some dumbass staff and that he'll be coming over, then another 10minutes later (which is probably close to how long it'd take to get there through the crowds) we get word he's staying at the wrestling ring so we rush around to see if we can catch the tail end of his Q&A to find an empty chair in the wrestling ring by the time we turn up. So that little clusterf**k annoyed me, but still got to meet and exchange words so I'll let it slide (though screw you whoever took him to the wrong place!!!! GRRRRRRRR)

Eddie Lab

Juniors
it's 2 hrs long but it's very interesting.

I believe a bulk of it and it's really disappointing. I would have thought that the WWE learnt a thing or two after Chris/Eddie situations. seems they are still overworking and ignoring concussions.

alien

Referee
i havent listened to it yet but they shouldnt overwork them when there is alot of talent coming through from NXT

mackdadday

Juniors
Ah NXT still the best hour of the week in the WWE.

Enzo and Big Kass starting to impress me. How good is Old Blue Pants? haha

I have doubts about the Ascension making it in the Big League. Their big moves just seem overly unimpressive.

Baron Corbin, Charlotte and Adrian Neville look definitely ready for the jump up though Corbin will probably need at least a second and third move...

Kenta has been a disappointment so far but hopefully Balor will make the huge impact expected of him.

NXT Divas division would run all over the current wwe scene bar Paige.

Calisto definitely looks like a young Rey Mysterio in the making.

Definitely think wwe would see a huge benefit out of treating NXT and WWE as rivals.

mackdadday

Juniors
Ah the Vaudevillians last promo preparing for the lucha dragons hahaha.

Tyson Kidd is really growing on me too.

alien

Referee
i love nxt! i am hoping sami zayn beats adrian neville next week for the nxt championship!

afinalsin666

First Grade
I'd prefer not to (which shows how Keen on this I am) but I can't wait. Going in completely blind, hoping JR and Striker can fill me in.

Latest posts