What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Yep,as mentioned you would of thought these astute journos would of only been interested in SOO this week instead of bagging the WT,which in effect reflects how poor their credibility is.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Zero credibility & the IQ of a peanut for this mindless oxygen thief who is employed by the journal of excrement !!

Some of these unscrupulous pissants in the rugby league media will b suicidal when we develop into a formidable team as from '18 & onwards.

To these grubs the fact that we have recently had an astonishing growth in members is trivial & intentionally ignored.Its clearly & unequivocally a barometer of competency by our administration yet grubs like this shitbag selectively ignore it as they'd rather rehash & sensationalise material that's no longer relevant.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Not going to even bother reading it, all it does is feed the telecrap trolls.

The story should read:
1. After years of board infighting, amateur hour administration, crippling injury tolls and players with over-inflated egos, WT have managed to clean out everything from top to bottom and finally got their shit together off the field.
2. The new coach has inherited a team of reserve graders and "superstars" who don't want to play for Tigers any more. Any type of success in 2017 is a pipe dream
3. Recognising that we need a roster overhaul, the new coach does exactly that, with almost a completely different team signed up for 2018 and beyond.

Likely we will hear more criticism next year while our team takes time to gel but honestly, the telecrap need to find a new whipping boy

Clifferd

Coach
Rinse and repeat. Tell us something we don't know Coackroachy you f**king nuffy

There should be national bash a journo day - Crawley would be WT fans #1 hitlist

Radical Rat

Juniors
I hope you are all aware that the Tigers submitted a blueprint to the state government (led by Gladys Berejiklian) to transform Concord Oval into a $57m centre of excellence. The new site would have a shopping centre, a Tigers museum and owuld be our main training base. So these outdated facilities will soon be a thing of the past. What an exciting time to be a Tigers fan!
LL21 is this definitely happening? Has it all been approved?

Shredder

Juniors
Its been tabled - not yet approved - but given she pushed it and and now shes the Premier,I would say the odds are good. Its still years away though. Brooks will be retired by the time its built.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Its been tabled - not yet approved - but given she pushed it and and now shes the Premier,I would say the odds are good. Its still years away though. Brooks will be retired by the time its built.
If Brooks doesn't get his act together & start consistently delivering next season he ought to b sent to the knackery in '18!!

Tigerm

First Grade
The Ivan Cleary ‘what if’ to torture Wests Tigers fans
ben_glover.jpg

IVAN Cleary may yet be the Wests Tigers saviour but there will always be a ‘what if’ about his coaching career at Concord — the departures of Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.
Cleary arrived at a time when both the skipper and star fullback were in talks with rival clubs but put in a last-ditch bid to keep them, while determining that Mitchell Moses would be allowed to leave.

There’s no guarantee his coaching would ever have changed their minds but what’s clear is he’s already convincing his players the future is bright.

That may seem far-fetched while they sit 15th on the ladder, having just come off a seven-game losing streak with victory over the Knights in a game tagged as Spoon Bowl, but listen to Woods talk about his new mentor and you sense a change sweeping through the battling club.

“Ivan’s outstanding, I love working under Ivan,” Woods told foxsports.com.au.

6658afdf6c1809f57f663bb657efba11

Wests Tigers captain Aaron Woods and new coach Ivan Cleary.Source: Getty Images
“ ... I didn’t really know much about him at the start but knowing now what he’s doing at the club and seeing how he’s handling things, I think the club’s in for a really good future.

“It hurts me to say that because at the end of the year I’m leaving. I really love Ivan and it was a really hard decision to make because Ivan’s been really good to me and I’ve really enjoyed my time underneath him.

“He’s showed a lot of faith in me and even though I’m leaving he’s backed me 100 per cent.

“I said to Ivan, I’d love to work with you, you never know what happens in footy.

“I said it’s not his fault. I said he’s walked into the club and he was always honest with every chat we had before I went through my contract stuff so he was really good and I think the club’s going to be really good with him there.”

While Cleary’s influence has been fleeting, there’s another Tigers figurehead who Woods has long admired — a man he respects so much he informed him of his decision to join the Bulldogs before it went public.

Very few men are more tortured by the joint venture’s seemingly constant struggles than larger-than-life Balmain legend Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach, and few have had a bigger influence on Woods’ career so far.

Currently in NSW camp with the team, Roach is the man Blues players go to for a yarn and a laugh and to keep the mood relaxed.

Woods has long been a friend and admirer, with Roach playing the role of confidante when Woods was considering his future.

“I’ve always spoken to Block about things and he was one of the guys I told before I was going to go, and he was just happy, he’s always been supportive and he just said ‘look after yourself and your family mate, you’ve got to do what’s best for your football career’,” Woods said.

Roach is another reason Woods struggled with his decision to leave, but having made the call to join Canterbury next season, he struggles with it no more.

5a688563b0b2acc5a2efda93f53e805e

Coach Ivan Cleary during Wests Tigers training.Source: News Corp Australia
Instead, he has pledged to give his all for the Tigers while he’s there and is determined to ensure his last season there doesn’t end with cutlery.

“For now all I’m concerned about is the Tigers,” Woods said.

“I don’t really care about how (the Bulldogs) go this year, I’m more worried about us, I just want to get us off the bottom of the table and hopefully get a few more wins this year, and anything can happen from there.”

I wonder if Woodsy is having second thoughts about going or is he just trying to con everyone?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
[QUOTE="Tigerm, post: 12314998, member: 38159"I wonder if Woodsy is having second thoughts about going or is he just trying to con everyone?[/QUOTE]
It's just PR to make him look better in the eyes of the fans so they stop booing him.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I'll tell you one thing. I think our future is looking better than the Bulldogs at the moment. I'd be regretting the decision if I were him. They're without doubt the worst team to watch. I find it torturous.

Clifferd

Coach
Idk, I reckon there is some truth being spilt by him. He still puts in for the jersey and respects the club by the looks of things. Atleast he isn't dogging games like JT

Our future definitely seems a lot brighter than the Dogs and I think he realises

However he would know he can't back out of his decision so he's just trying to sound like the good guy again

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'll tell you one thing. I think our future is looking better than the Bulldogs at the moment. I'd be regretting the decision if I were him. They're without doubt the worst team to watch. I find it torturous.

yep

theyve lost the fans favourite son and one guy who looks like he gives a shit for a bloke with the dodgiest hamstrings in the game who has had huge off field issues, with the news of the last few days we may not have heard the end of that either.

then theyve signed woods but lost the one forward who actually provides impact.

their backline is slower then most teams forward packs, their halves have no creativty whatsoever

they've just resigned the coach for a further 2 years and apparently already want him gone.

i 100% reckon woods is regretting leaving, whilst we still have a way to go he can see the improvement first hand. i think he got real bad advice from a manager who looks after his own interests as opposed to his clients.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Idk, I reckon there is some truth being spilt by him. He still puts in for the jersey and respects the club by the looks of things. Atleast he isn't dogging games like JT

Our future definitely seems a lot brighter than the Dogs and I think he realises

However he would know he can't back out of his decision so he's just trying to sound like the good guy again

You know what, I'd still love him to back out and stay.

In a hypothetical situation where we could keep either Woods or Teddy, I actually think I'd choose Woods.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He can sugar coat all he likes & purport to like IC & Blocker who he apparently confides in but the over-riding problem that he is oblivious to or ignorant of is that he has a toxic player manager who has used him & others as pawns in his unscrupulous negotiating via a selfish power trip !

If he thinks he will make the finals regularly let alone win a comp with this one dimensional dogs team coached by a degenerate he is in fantasy land.

In the next yr or two he will wish he never turned his back on 2040 !

Tiger Ted

Bench
You know what, I'd still love him to back out and stay.

In a hypothetical situation where we could keep either Woods or Teddy, I actually think I'd choose Woods.
Ive no doubt Woods is a better person than the turd.

I tend to agree with you coz turdesco is transparently a scum bag who has time & again conducted himself with zero dignity or integrity.He is certainly going to the right club one which is superficial & devoid of integrity or backbone.

In contrast Woods is just so bloody naive that he has allowed himself to be dictated to by the biggest shyster& serpent of all the scumbag player managers.

macnaz

Staff member
There has been rumours of a SOO prop wanting to backflip , but unless there is a get out clause for some reason i can see him being able to break a contract . Unless we said to the Dogs you keep Reynolds and we'll keep Woods. I think Reynolds is going to be more important for our future though in my opinion so hope that never becomes a factor.

Vic Mackey

Referee
There has been rumours of a SOO prop wanting to backflip , but unless there is a get out clause for some reason i can see him being able to break a contract . Unless we said to the Dogs you keep Reynolds and we'll keep Woods. I think Reynolds is going to be more important for our future though in my opinion so hope that never becomes a factor.

Woods will be at the dogs next year but it wouldnt surprise me at all if 2-3 years into his 4 year contract he tries to come back. The dogs could prove us all wrong but i cant see them improving in the short term whereas we can only go one way. Woods has already been quoted multiple times saying he would love to come back to the club at some stage.

I think our judgement was clouded of woods at the start of the year. Its true he wasnt playing well and his leadership was terrible however since the contract stuff has been done you could argue he has been our best player. Obviously he isnt a bad bloke but i think its also obvious he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. He was given horrible, horrible advice from a PR point of view which may also end up being horrible career advice.

If we could somehow keep Woods next year would you?

Honestly i dont know. I think i would lean towards no. Imo the club needs a total fresh start. Ava and Woods are a good prop pairing but Matulino and Packer give us something weve never had, aggression and intimidation. Then guys like Sue, Aloiai, Twal, Felisse and Eisenhuth ripping in off the bench. For the first time in forever our packs looks exciting. I wish Woods all the best, he has at least left the club with repsect unlike his couple of mates, but its best we move on.

Latest posts