What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank the Players 2017

Fat Tony

Juniors
Now the season is over thought it'd be interesting to see how people rank our current squad on this years performances. Be interesting to see how this differs from the 3-2-1. The 321 system is good because it favours players who have consistent stand out performances, but after about the top 5 or so it's hard to reflect on how our players are ranked.

This should be for 2017 only, while Inglis is our best player, he is almost disqualified from this list.

Fat Tony

Juniors
Mine.

1.Chricton- easily our best

2. Walker- our best back and a shining light all season

3. S.Burgess- let's be frank, his form has been below his standards this year but is still amongst our best

4. Murray- why did we wait so long to blood him. If we went with 1 hooker earlier we could have had him earlier

5. Farah- cops a lot of flack, but he has been amongst our best most weeks

6. Johnston- growing into the fullback role

7. Reynolds- bit controversial, but i don't think he has been as bad as has been made out behind what has been an underwhelming pack. When he is on we usually win

8. Turner- gets thrown about in different roles, but you know what your going to get and he is ultra consistent

9. Goodwin- basically the Turner of our backs

10. Fuimaino- solid first season being shifted between centre and 2nd row

11. Musgrove- has had growing pains that all young props have, but has been our best prop this year

12 Hymel Hunt- was solid when he played

13. Tom- widely inconsistent, but the best of the twins

14. Sutton- another player that has been moved around, but when he can focus on his owm corrider in the 2nd row he has been ok.

15. Cook- rocks and diamonds player who's rocks have outweighed the diamonds

16. Clark- has usually been solid and consitent of the bench

17. Jennings- has had a mix of good and bad moments this year

18. Gray- Injuries have ruined his season

19. Graham- facing Vunivalu and Radrara has taken the shine of what has been a solid first season

20. Burns- copped a lot early in the season but seemed to come back from it.

21. George Burgess- seriously what the f**k is going on their

22. Tyrrell- Can barely Run but tackled his heart out when named. Bloke didn't get the recognition he deserved in his last game for a premiership player

23. Cherrington- what can be expected from a bloke 5 years out of the game. Was ok in spells

24. Kelly- had 2 games and was solid in both. Don't understand all the crying over him

25. Talaki- ran hard, but maybe just to young

26. Rochow- what a disappointment

27. Gosiewski- played 27 minutes, but what a 27 minutes

28. Inglis- what could have been. Still has a try and try assist to his name for the year

29. Britt- hard to judge on 18 minutes, but looks ok

30. Moceidreke- played due to a huge injury list, can't remember much from him

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mine.

1.Chricton- easily our best

2. Walker- our best back and a shining light all season

3. S.Burgess- let's be frank, his form has been below his standards this year but is still amongst our best

4. Murray- why did we wait so long to blood him. If we went with 1 hooker earlier we could have had him earlier

5. Farah- cops a lot of flack, but he has been amongst our best most weeks

6. Johnston- growing into the fullback role

7. Reynolds- bit controversial, but i don't think he has been as bad as has been made out behind what has been an underwhelming pack. When he is on we usually win

8. Turner- gets thrown about in different roles, but you know what your going to get and he is ultra consistent

9. Goodwin- basically the Turner of our backs

10. Fuimaino- solid first season being shifted between centre and 2nd row

11. Musgrove- has had growing pains that all young props have, but has been our best prop this year

12 Hymel Hunt- was solid when he played

13. Tom- widely inconsistent, but the best of the twins

14. Sutton- another player that has been moved around, but when he can focus on his owm corrider in the 2nd row he has been ok.

15. Cook- rocks and diamonds player who's rocks have outweighed the diamonds

16. Clark- has usually been solid and consitent of the bench

17. Jennings- has had a mix of good and bad moments this year

18. Gray- Injuries have ruined his season

19. Graham- facing Vunivalu and Radrara has taken the shine of what has been a solid first season

20. Burns- copped a lot early in the season but seemed to come back from it.

21. George Burgess- seriously what the f**k is going on their

22. Tyrrell- Can barely Run but tackled his heart out when named. Bloke didn't get the recognition he deserved in his last game for a premiership player

23. Cherrington- what can be expected from a bloke 5 years out of the game. Was ok in spells

24. Kelly- had 2 games and was solid in both. Don't understand all the crying over him

25. Talaki- ran hard, but maybe just to young

26. Rochow- what a disappointment

27. Gosiewski- played 27 minutes, but what a 27 minutes

28. Inglis- what could have been. Still has a try and try assist to his name for the year

29. Britt- hard to judge on 18 minutes, but looks ok

30. Moceidreke- played due to a huge injury list, can't remember much from him

There's also a possibility that we could lose number 1 and 2 by 2019...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This looks like fun so I'll give it a shot.

1. Crichton
2. Walker
3. Sam Burgess
4. Johnston
5. Murray (he would be higher if he debuted earlier)
6. Fuimaono
7. Goodwin
8. Cook
9. Farah
10. Musgrove

For me it doesn't get easy from here the rest of the players need a better season next year

11. Hunt. One of the best defensive outside backs we have but he has failed to prove himself as a strike weapon. Very safe but needs to run more.
12. Adam reynolds. Probably gonna get shit on for this but I just think he's had a terrible season. I honestly think he's lucky to be 12th.
13. Tom Burgess. He has found some form as of late but he needs to be much more consistent.
14. Sutton - really getting past his best. He's a bench player at best these days.
15. Gray- would be higher if he could stay at centre for more than 2 games.
16. Clark - he's getting older now but is still solid defensively
17. Jennings - I thought he was the most rocks and diamonds player in the team
18. Turner - I can't put him in the top 17. He's lacking the mentality to play NRL. He is too scared of hurting himself again and i fear his career is suffering because of it.
19. Tyrell- he did okay this year considering all the shit he got
20. Graham- didn't get to see enough of this kid.
21 Gburgess- Jesus f**king Christ.

The rest doesn't really matter. Except for gosiewski they need to prove that they have what it takes to be in first grade. A lot of players in this top 21 are struggling to hold their spots too.