What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raper's Resume

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Can't see any negative comments about Stuart. Is he Messiah everyone thinks he is?

His record in England seems a bit patchy to me. What I don't like is the way he bailed out on Castleford to go to Wigan. Once there one would of expected him to pick up a title but he eventually left via the back door.

Don't get me wrong. I expected him to replace Lang. I just hope we aren't lurching into another disaster.

wittyfan

Referee
Gunna Matter said:
Can't see any negative comments about Stuart. Is he Messiah everyone thinks he is?

His record in England seems a bit patchy to me. What I don't like is the way he bailed out on Castleford to go to Wigan. Once there one would of expected him to pick up a title but he eventually left via the back door.

Don't get me wrong. I expected him to replace Lang. I just hope we aren't lurching into another disaster.

Raper has won lower grade premierships at Cronulla so has already has some runs on the board. And I think he's more than capable of cleaning up the mess Anderson will have left.

Punk

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Gunna Matter said:

Raper has won lower grade premierships at Cronulla so has already has some runs on the board. And I think he's more than capable of cleaning up the mess Anderson will have left.

You are saying that an unproven lower grade coach is better than a proven first grade coach, at producing a class team at the top level? Your argument is hardly infallible.

wittyfan

Referee
Punk said:
You are saying that an unproven lower grade coach is better than a proven first grade coach, at producing a class team at the top level? Your argument is hardly infallible.

Craig Bellamy was coaching in the Brisbane comp last year, yet he coached Melbourne into the semis in his first year. Your argument is the infallible one. :p

Punk

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Punk said:

Craig Bellamy was coaching in the Brisbane comp last year, yet he coached Melbourne into the semis in his first year. Your argument is the infallible one. :p

I merely questioned your statement, a statement which has the capability of failing. You are correct in saying that my 'argument' is infallible. It is incapable of failing.

wittyfan

Referee
Punk said:
sullyfan said:
Punk said:

I merely questioned your statement, a statement which has the capability of failing. You are correct in saying that my 'argument' is infallible. It is incapable of failing.

Typo there with "infallible". :)

fizman

Bench
Sorry Sullyfan, Craig Bellamy didn't coach in the Brisbane comp last year. Bellamy has been the assistant to Wayne Bennett for many years. Kevin Walters was the Coach of the Clydesdales last year the feeder club to the Broncos in the Queensland Cup.

Punk

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Punk said:
sullyfan said:
Punk said:

Typo there with "infallible". :)

To deny the possibility, that Raper may not be as capable as Anderson at resolving current problems, is moronic. It is, by definition, fallible.

shadowboxer

First Grade
sorry but this arguement is going nowhere. Either your with Raper or Ando. Like tooheys or VB. Ford or Holden.

The argument was dead when the posting began, so get over it. I hope the club do the same and quickly

wittyfan

Referee
shadowboxer said:
sorry but this arguement is going nowhere. Either your with Raper or Ando. Like tooheys or VB. Ford or Holden.

The argument was dead when the posting began, so get over it. I hope the club do the same and quickly

It wouldn't matter who the incoming coach was, the pro-Ando brigade would bag the tripe out of them nontheless. :lol:

PJ

First Grade
It wouldn't matter who the incoming coach was, the pro-Ando brigade would bag the tripe out of them nontheless.

Or maybe we will show a bit more class than the anti Ando baggers and will be behind the team.

Frenzy

Juniors
sullyfan said:
shadowboxer said:

It wouldn't matter who the incoming coach was, the pro-Ando brigade would bag the tripe out of them nontheless. :lol:

Just as the anti Ando brigade have bagged him regardless. Lucky BTR was around for you to add your meaningless "me too" posts to as you are still yet to have an original idea of your own.

Oh and in regards to Rapers lower grade record it is premiership! No s. He has won only one President's cup title with a team you could of won with sullyfan. :)

Gunna Matter said:
What I don't like is the way he bailed out on Castleford to go to Wigan. Once there one would of expected him to pick up a title but he eventually left via the back door.

Very accurate observation. Take note of the term "left via the back door" Just like Ando here Raper was pushed out of Wigan.

wittyfan

Referee
Frenzy said:
Oh and in regards to Rapers lower grade record it is premiership! No s. He has won only one President's cup title with a team you could of won with sullyfan. :)

Errr Frenzy, Raper coached our Reserve grade team to the premiership in 1996 as well. :lol:

As for my "me too" posts, the list of fans fed up with Anderson's antics is growing by the day.

Frenzy

Juniors
Frenzy said:
talk to the man in the street and it's turning the other way due to the inept handling of the whole thing by the board.

i havent met this man yet

where does he live

in the shire?

SirShire

First Grade
sullyfan said:
As for my "me too" posts, the list of fans fed up with Anderson's antics is growing by the day.

As is the list for people who want to beat the crap out of Pierce