What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Gareth Widdop re-signs with St George Illawarra Dragons
Andrew Parkinson
24 Apr 2017, 9:40 a.m.
r635_347_3658_2397_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Happy to be here: St George Illawarra captain Gareth Widdop has re-signed with the club for a further four seasons. Picture: Chris Lane

Another piece of St George Illawarra’s recruitment puzzle has fallen into place after the club announced captain Gareth Widdop has signed a four-year contract extension.

The England international will be at the Dragons until the end of the 2021 season and, along with new signing Ben Hunt from Brisbane, seemingly have their long-term halves combination locked in.

Widdop has played 79 games in the Red V since arriving in 2014 and recently became the club’s second highest point scorer behind Jamie Soward.

The 28-year-old said it was a big decision but was happy to be staying at the club.

“The Dragons have grown more and more since I've arrived. There's a good environment here and it's a good place to be so I wanted to play my part in that,” Widdop said.

“At this stage of my career it certainly was a big decision for my family. I have three young kids, I'm very settled here in Wollongong and I'm enjoying my time here.”

The club’s director of rugby league pathways Ian Millward said the club had shown confidence in Widdop by making him their long-term leader.

“We were very conscious of creating stability and consistency in our team and we feel we have achieved that with the re-signing of Gareth,” he said.

“Gareth's our leader and obviously plays in a vital position so we're over the moon that he has re-signed.”

The club will turn their attention to retaining Australia and NSW representative Josh Dugan and coach Paul McGregor after their blistering start to the season.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/4615493/widdop-re-signs-with-red-v/?cs=3833
did widdop re-sign

Crush

Coach
I wonder if anyone would be clever enough to set up an account pretending to be Vas and see if Vas may be drawn out to oust the imposter Vas?
Make sense?

Dragons 09

Juniors
I wonder if anyone would be clever enough to set up an account pretending to be Vas and see if Vas may be drawn out to oust the imposter Vas?
Make sense?

Lol, he's potentially silly enough to be drawn into that.......or perhaps Ruby might start swinging handbags at 40 paces.

SBD82

Coach
If anyone believes that Vas is not still posting on here under a different name, well...

I have a bridge to sell you. Pm me if you're interested in the bridge.

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Well when you read through this whole thread most wanted him left right out from the team !
Now we all know this year he is the most influential player we have and will sorely be missed whilst on the sidelines.
If he wasn't injured yesterday we would have won for sure. Unlucky !