What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Chesterton a gutless son of a whore!

imported_Beast

Juniors
I had the displeasure of someone showing me an article written by the above piece of shit in todays Nes Ltd rag the Telecrap.
It is on the inside back page in the Sport section and it involves this piss poor attempt at a journalist lauding one Ken Arthurson and putting the boot into the Bears.
He brown noses that devious prick Arko in a shocking fashion and then claims the Bears have not been relevant since 1922.
Now the Bears are really up against it at the moment, they are fighting to reclaim their rightful place in the NRL, they are battling an administrator who should never have been appointed to the club and they are copping cheap shots off the News LTD press like it is going out of fashion.
All we want is a fair go, not some prick who obviously is carrying a petty vendetta against the Bears.
The Bears are trading well, have a shit load of juniors and can put some heavy shots into the rahs rahs whilst they seek to expand.
Now Chesterton and his back flip mate in Frilingos will get theirs, we are patient but we can do without their biased and petty comments at the moment

L

legend

Beast, how confident are the Norths club of being reinstated to the NRL? To me they seem hell bent on returning and I support them because I believe in a sixteen team competition and they are still making submissions and proposals to the NRL.Do you think Singo will have any leverage with the NRL because he has the broadcast radio rights? From what I have picked up in the media so far, Norths seem to be fairly confident of their chances and it is a good move to use union as leverage against the NRL. I hope they get back in because a team located on the central coast is vital for the game to grow and if Norths have provided a good business plan and have ample sponsorship then they deserve a shot.

The only other question I have is what stance will George Piggins take in all this now his club is assured of a place in next years competition?

S

Studebaker

Can someone put up a link to thearticle in questionfor our 'overseas' friends please.
Welcome Beast.

J

Johnsy

It is just me or is very very convenient that the Eagles have gone broke so quickly, and the license just happens to revert to the Manly Warringah football club. Smells a bit fishy to me.

Johnsy

imported_Beast

Juniors
How are you Studebaker.
Norths are starting to get their shit together, the internal politics and mismanagement have been disgraceful but are now a thing of the past I hope.
We appreciate Singos involvement as it raises the profile of the Bears plight.
However that is tempered by the reality that we are aware that Singo wants the lease rights to Graham Park and the revenue and negotiating rights that go with it.
A few of us will be having a meal with Piggins next week and we appreciate his support for a stand alone Bears. Piggins is a solid bloke, something some of these other CEOs should start to develop

L

legend

Stude, I have been having a look for the link on news.com.au under opinions and there is nothing. I have also looked under the sports section and I can't find it there either but I will keep looking.

Lets face it, if norths get back in they HAVE to be on the central coast..perhaps play 1/2 games a year at NSO, but they definitely need to be based at Gosford. I prefer 16 teams, although listening to moffo, he seems hell bent on 15...who knows, he said the same about 14, singo is a pretty influental man in some circles....
But once again,john oneill has thrown his 2bob into the ring by offering to 'help out' the bears. When Thompson (i think) said that all they need is money the convo ended there. Ha, typical....another oneill attempt to stick his beak into league matters. When will the media wake up and see that this man is nothing but a shitstirrer?
16 teams with 22 rounds sounds ideal....byes just don't work, i would piss them off very quickly. A genuine concern is norths management, i would be interested to know if any better system has been put in place then before. Singo should clean the management out and start again..without question
The Fan.

O

ozbash

chesterton does seem to be an absolute arsehole and his co-writers were very close behind him.
what is/was arko,s job.is he a wealthy man??
is that paper a manly sponsor?

good to see you here beast.

H

Hass

Ray Chesterton was adressing a very serious issue so I assume his words were serious. So when he said "Norths haven't been relevant since 1922" I just thought- What a jerk.

This wasn't a light-hearted dig at Norths failure to win a Premiership, but instead the opinion of an ill-informed galah who is trying to find some slight justification for the NRL sticking with the ridiculously silly 15 team comp....

I think Beast summed it up pretty well with the title of this thread.

Cheers.

imported_Beast

Juniors
I sent the lightweight a copy of my post to his e-mail address, I left some contact details with it, I'll be interested to see if he has the nuts to reply to me!

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
I have been reading his articles for years and not once has he said anything that was true. Either he lies or he likes to dig cheap shots. I always thought I was the only one who hated this pathetic excuse for a journalist but it seems there are a few others who see him as being full of shit! For years, I have had a "fantasy" to read his articles and hopefully agree with something he said. He is pathetic (more pathetic than my fantasy LOL)

imported_Beast

Juniors
Well said Bebeto, however he is the senior league writer it appears for the Telecrap which merely reflects on the stndard of that rag.
The standard of journalism, or lack of it thses past years is disturbing.
The journalists, particuarly the shallow whores and lackies of the News Lltd brigade are spruikers for their bosses commercial interests first and journalists second.
That is why in the long haul News Ltd and the Packer mob must relinquish any administrative role they have in league. Being the broadcasters of league, at the moment anyhow, they already have influence on the game to protect their interests, but when they own teams outright or major percentages of teams and then dictate policy to the other teams then the conflict of interest merely festers.
Thei patent lack of ability as league administrators is now starting to show on the field, with cricket scores in at least 2-3 matches a week becoming the norm, that is wrong and must be addressed

Latest posts