What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 vs Bulldogs

T.T

Juniors
It's pretty obvious to see (especially in the past 2 weeks) that the halves and centres have been coached to come up even further to shut down expansive plays.. Smart teams like the bulldogs figured out that the way around this is cutout passes to the winger..
Its also the reason why we got so many intercepts against penrith

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has to be chee kam for now. Plenty of decent enough centres in the uk who could hold down a spot here.

Clifferd

Coach
Pretty much given up on Kevin now. Winger so he can't absolutely kill our defensive structure or out of the team altogether please

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Moses & Naqaima defending next to each is diabolical. If Naqaima isn't rushing up grabbing thin air then it's Moses doing it. It looks like the only conversation they have with each other when defending is "Mitch I rushed up last time & tackled thin air, so you go this time" "No probs Kev, I got dis" Nofo is constantly left isolated & scrambling to cover 2 or 3 attackers. In Naqaima's defence you can tell he has absolutely no confidence in Moses on his inside, but you can't have two poor defenders next to each other. Changes have to be made.

Das Hassler

Bench
I wonder if his teammates still respect him?

Yes..i'd say so very much...shit happens but if you're in a team you stick solid...have you ever wondered what all those pats on the head are all about when they mess up? Anonymous slagging off on a messageboard doesnt take too much talent but whatever floats ya boat. I've made my living for over forty years working with winners at the pointy end of my chosen and very challengjng sport and have earned my place in it and for a worthwhile chunk of change to a favourite charity for the trouble i'll be happy to prove it. Your Moltzens..Fitzhenrys..Rankins of the professional sporting world HAVE earned respect from those who have succeded and know what it takes. Ive been a supporter of the tigers for over 50 years and have gone through every possible emotion but my support is solid while ever
they wear that jersey .
Have a nice day

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like Das just wants some accolades for his long and magnificently awesome career.

While we are all just stupid useless merkins.

Perhaps you should frequent a forum that better suits people of your lofty standing in society Das.

Leave us pathetic lowlife scumbags to chat amongst ourselves.

Das Hassler

Bench
Sounds like Das just wants some accolades for his long and magnificently awesome career.

While we are all just stupid useless merkins.

Perhaps you should frequent a forum that better suits people of your lofty standing in society Das.

Leave us pathetic lowlife scumbags to chat amongst ourselves.

Don't need your accolades whatsoever.....
Sensitive anonymous little princess arent you....

Tiger05

First Grade
Moses & Naqaima defending next to each is diabolical. If Naqaima isn't rushing up grabbing thin air then it's Moses doing it. It looks like the only conversation they have with each other when defending is "Mitch I rushed up last time & tackled thin air, so you go this time" "No probs Kev, I got dis" Nofo is constantly left isolated & scrambling to cover 2 or 3 attackers. In Naqaima's defence you can tell he has absolutely no confidence in Moses on his inside, but you can't have two poor defenders next to each other. Changes have to be made.

I think Nofo is just as bad. Nofo with the ball though is a machine.

Personally I'd stick with all 3 of them. I don't think they are the problem. I think it's the way we defend.

The reserve grade report v Bulldogs.

The Wests Tigers have surged ahead late in the game to clinch a hard-fought victory over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium. Thanks in part to some consistent attacking football from Man Of The Match Watson Heleta and Justin Hunt, the Tigers took their tally to 24 competition points and rose to fourth position.

The Blue-and-whites were boosted by the selection of NRL hooker Craig Garvey, also shifting Kerrod Holland into the starting line-up in place of Reimis Smith. The men from Concord, meanwhile, welcomed Joel Edwards into the side and moved Esan Marsters from the second row to the centres.

Jack Littlejohn opened the scoring for the Tigers in the sixth minute, thanks to some crafty work from dummy half Jeremy Marshall-King. He made the most of a Curtis Sironen offload to break the line and set up Marshall King next to the posts. Justin Hunt converted for an early 6-0 lead.

The Bulldogs soon got a fortunate repeat set on the Tigers' line and made the most of their field position with a perfectly-executed Brad Abbey try. The fullback was too quick for the Tigers' defence when chasing through a Harrison Siejka grubber, before Kerrod Holland levelled things up with the conversion.

Abbey went close to turning from hero to zero moments later with a dropped bomb near his own line - but the Bulldogs defence defended the error and bundled Watson Heleta into touch.

Rampaging runs from Ray Moujali and Siejka weren't enough to earn points when the Bulldogs got their opportunity and the Tigers were let off the hook. They made the home side pay almost immediately, with Heleta showing his pace to score in the corner. The conversion was missed and the Tigers led 10 points to six.

With a dangerous-looking Littlejohn bomb, the visitors could easily have had another moments later, but more solid left-side defence saw Jayden Wheelhouse thrown into touch in-goal. The game then took a turn for the worse with Chase Stanley being helped from the field with a knee injury - something he has had significant problems with in the past.

The Tigers had one last roll of the dice and threw everything they could at the Bulldogs to finish up the opening stanza, but ultimately headed into the sheds with a 10-6 half-time lead.

Both sides had genuine tryscoring opportunities early in the second half but it was Abbey who went closest, with a break before a mis-timed offload just five metres away from the line.

It set off a sustained period of high-quality, back-and-forth football but the Bulldogs slowly appeared to be building pressure; they forced two line dropouts - one of which had appeared to be a certain Bulldogs try - but were once again unable to capitalise.

Eventually, however, something had to give and it was Intrust Super Premiership NSW debutant Charlie Taylor who would break the deadlock for the Tigers. He made the most of some fine play from Heleta and managed to come around to score under the posts, allowing for an easy conversion and a 10-point lead for the away team.

Chance Peni soon all but secured the victory and exploited what was some poor Canterbury defence on their left edge. He, too, brought the try around to the posts for an easy conversion and with just five minutes remaining, the lead scoreline would be insurmountable for the home side. The game wasn't finished with yet, however - Hunt got a deserved try from an intercept and 85-metre run in the final minute of play. With the successful conversion they finished 28-6 and took another valuable two competition points.

Back to previous pieces about chasing Uate and flicking Naqaima, surely they could consider looking at the likes of anyone playing in the backline, like the guys who played on Saturday in the reserves.
1. Watson Heleta
2. Jayden Wheelhouse
3. Chance Peni
12. Esan Marsters
5. Charlie Taylor

Plus add in Chee Kam.

Are any of those guys worth a go on the wing or in the centres?

Assume because of the 2nd tier salary cap issue, we might only see the guys who have previously played 1st grade this year, now, so will have to wait for the off season :mad:

Reactions: TKO

TKO

Juniors
The reserve grade report v Bulldogs.

Back to previous pieces about chasing Uate and flicking Naqaima, surely they could consider looking at the likes of anyone playing in the backline, like the guys who played on Saturday in the reserves.
1. Watson Heleta
2. Jayden Wheelhouse
3. Chance Peni
12. Esan Marsters
5. Charlie Taylor

Plus add in Chee Kam.

Are any of those guys worth a go on the wing or in the centres?

Assume because of the 2nd tier salary cap issue, we might only see the guys who have previously played 1st grade this year, now, so will have to wait for the off season :mad:

Forget Uate. Good talent here. Chee Kam I like as a backrower as well as Esan Marsters. Good outside backs, Watson Heleta has played centre could even play 5/8, Peni is a centre, Wheelhouse can play wing, centre and Taylor fullback, wing, centre

Last edited:

Latest posts