What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 19: Non Parra games

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Penrith are the dark horse . Wallace,Moylan and cartwright will add a bit to their attack

Hopefully Titans knock them off next week and Dragoins keep losing.

Big game for eels next week.For me its a must win.

Having those attacking players aren't going to make up for an inept attacking plan from the coach. The only thing that saved Griffin at Brisbane was Darren Lockyer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They've been without him for most of the season, hasn't stopped them winning more games than they've lost.
But it should. It's only these past three weeks against a bunch of inconsistent teams that has saved their post-Thurston record. Souths have a quality side, and isn't Maguire supposed to be a gun coach? They are underperforming worse than the Raiders.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I am just nervous that this year 30 points may not get us in the 8.
We need 32 to be safe.

Thirty will be fine, the logjam of clubs beneath us and above us will ensure that.

Dragons will lose next week and join the pack, I'd still say 28 will be enough.

Bandwagon

Staff member
4 and 3/7 respectively I'd say, or it could be 3 and 4 depending upon the result when they face off

Chipmunk

Coach
But it should. It's only these past three weeks against a bunch of inconsistent teams that has saved their post-Thurston record. Souths have a quality side, and isn't Maguire supposed to be a gun coach? They are underperforming worse than the Raiders.

Well I didn't have Souths making the Top 8, not sure about you.

The Cowboys are now only missing Scott and Thurston. They're no longer contenders, but they'll always have enough to beat teams who aren't really Top 8 contenders in a tropical environment.

Bazal

Post Whore
I dunno why people harp on about the "tropical" environment. It was 25 with 60% humidity. Anyone who can't play footy in conditions that good shouldn't be in the NRL.

The Cowboys are simply a far better football side.

phantom eel

First Grade
The Raiders did us a real favour... we're now outright 7th, only 2 points away from a share of equal 3rd place!

Our for and against is shit though, so we'd still be in 7th place even with an extra win. I don't think we're truly top four material this season, but how good are BA and the boys doing considering the injury toll?

Go Parra.

Chipmunk

Coach
I dunno why people harp on about the "tropical" environment. It was 25 with 60% humidity. Anyone who can't play footy in conditions that good shouldn't be in the NRL.

The Cowboys are simply a far better football side.

That's still considerably warmer than any Sydney team is used to training and playing in for the last 3 months at least.

Cowboys would train in almost as warm conditions as what the match was played in today every single session.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They definitely have an advantage in that climate but they were smashed by Manly and Parra, and lost to the Tigers in Townsville this year. Losing Thurston in the middle of the season is a massive disruption and if teams can't be patient enough to put them under some pressure with Thurston out they are very poor indeed.

Chipmunk

Coach
They definitely have an advantage in that climate but they were smashed by Manly and Parra, and lost to the Tigers in Townsville this year. Losing Thurston in the middle of the season is a massive disruption and if teams can't be patient enough to put them under some pressure with Thurston out they are very poor indeed.

If I'm not mistaken we beat the Cowboys without Thurston, Coote and Granville and the Tigers beat them without Coote and Granville and Thurston didn't finish the game. I believe the Tigers just changed the coach and seemed more motivated than they've been for any game since. Any NRL team can front up once a season and beat anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I'm expecting the Cowboys' wheels to fall off any week now. They've played the Panthers, Raiders and Bunnies in consecutive games. They've had over 56% possession each time. They just need to come up against a few better defensive sides and they'll crumble like Portuguese chicken.

Won't be next week though.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well I'm expecting the Cowboys' wheels to fall off any week now. They've played the Panthers, Raiders and Bunnies in consecutive games. They've had over 56% possession each time. They just need to come up against a few better defensive sides and they'll crumble like Portuguese chicken.

Won't be next week though.
Me too.

I had them outside the 8 when I did the ladder predictor.

They've got no attacking punch at all without JT.

Chipmunk

Coach
The Cowboys do play some good teams for the remainder of the season. Interesting to see how they go.

The Colonel

Immortal
The Raiders did us a real favour... we're now outright 7th, only 2 points away from a share of equal 3rd place!

Our for and against is shit though, so we'd still be in 7th place even with an extra win. I don't think we're truly top four material this season, but how good are BA and the boys doing considering the injury toll?

Go Parra.

Not allowed to count the injury toll. Only allowed to count the players that are missing due to Origin. :wink:

I can see us finishing as high as fifth. I don't think we will miss out on the 8 and I don't think Penrith will make it - I feel the eight is pretty much set outside of shuffling who ends up where.

Kornstar

Coach
Not allowed to count the injury toll. Only allowed to count the players that are missing due to Origin. :wink:

I can see us finishing as high as fifth. I don't think we will miss out on the 8 and I don't think Penrith will make it - I feel the eight is pretty much set outside of shuffling who ends up where.

Are you forgetting about the Penrith diet??????? It is due to reap the benefits in round 23 or something, perfect time for ti to kick in when you are a couple of wins out of the 8 and you need to try and win the comp from 8th place.......you know, the pace that has never won a comp before.......the diet, the diet!!!!!!!

It's genius!

The Colonel

Immortal
Are you forgetting about the Penrith diet??????? It is due to reap the benefits in round 23 or something, perfect time for ti to kick in when you are a couple of wins out of the 8 and you need to try and win the comp from 8th place.......you know, the pace that has never won a comp before.......the diet, the diet!!!!!!!

It's genius!

I don't know about the diet but there is plenty of talk about sleeping and how that's arranged at Penrith. Seems like fun.... Hook sounds like the least of their worries allegedly.

Kornstar

Coach
I don't know about the diet but there is plenty of talk about sleeping and how that's arranged at Penrith. Seems like fun.... Hook sounds like the least of their worries allegedly.

Interesting, so a few players have been hungry because of their diet and have been feasting on other players partners? Allegedly?

The Colonel

Immortal
Interesting, so a few players have been hungry because of their diet and have been feasting on other players partners? Allegedly?

Not totally sure but TMM was allegedly the scapegoat and wasn't caught up in anything but certainly looks in a happier place.

Latest posts