What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 23 2017 - NRL General Non-Warriors thread

Blair

Coach
Tonight is the very first 'meaningless' game of the 2017 season. Well, unless catastrophe strikes and one of them ends up with the 'Spoon. That's Souths v Canterbury done.

I can't wait for the Storm v Roosters heavyweight rumble, I'm tempted to say it's a genuine GF preview but the Chooks really crumbled last week v Manly, leading 18-4 then losing with 32 unanswered points, that's Warriors-esque.

Manly are back on track. There's this punter who works in my building. He's a bit 'simple', he always wears some Manly gear but both Mondays before last he just had his Sea Eagles backpack. Last Monday though, gee, it was all guns blazing! Backpack, cap, scarf, jacket and jumper. Manly had a good weekend then.

Talking of punters I'm glad I'm not a betting man or even a tipping comp'er. Broncos v Sharks, Panthers v Cows, spirited Knights v Eels, Tigers v Manly, desperate Dragons v embarrassed Titans, bloody heck!

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm keen to see Broncos vs Sharks up at Suncorp.

Gal's 300th
Sharks coming off a smashing
Both teams playing for a top 4 spot

Should be good!

TheDMC

Bench
Was just looking at the table after purposefully avoiding it for a month or so.

Really hope that Canberra can scrape their way into the 8 - at the expense of St George ideally and purely because an in form Canberra could make the finals way more interesting.

St George are done, stick a fork in em.

Watched the highlights of last night's game.
Dogs defense was a shambles, Morris boys seem to want to run out of the line a lot.
I say Des is on the nose, the half time chat looked like something we need, but it probably won't work.

Big Marn

Juniors
Was just looking at the table after purposefully avoiding it for a month or so.

Really hope that Canberra can scrape their way into the 8 - at the expense of St George ideally and purely because an in form Canberra could make the finals way more interesting.

St George are done, stick a fork in em.
I had Canberra in my top 2 at the start of the year. Been very underwhelming so far this season with the cattle they have.
Would also like to see them push past St George to make the playoffs more interesting. Warriors the spoilers?? based on current form.... No.

Blair

Coach
Knights leading Eels 12-10 in 2nd half.

They win tonight and we are a shot at the 'Spoon. We should be safe though as Knights have Storm (h) and Raiders (a) in their way. What dumb luck, ay?

Knights leading Eels 12-10 in 2nd half.

They win tonight and we are a shot at the 'Spoon. We should be safe though as Knights have Storm (h) and Raiders (a) in their way. What dumb luck, ay?
Knights deserve their wins, they have set a standard, dropped star players not performing. Definately jealous.

Blair

Coach
Knights 29 Eels 10, final.

The 'Spoon is bloody on! More concerning for Tigers though.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn't see the first match, had the darts on while that was unfolding, really happy with the result though !!

If Brisbane go on with this we are a real chance of heading back into the top 4 this weekend, can't bring myself to say go Broncos though lol

Olympic Stadium mentioned before, I've been to about 10 games there

Blair

Coach
Yep, GF 2011, so long ago now! :(

It's a terrible place with 6000 in attendance, tremendous when full.

A white elephant if there ever was one. I have to go next Sat for the Bledisloe (my bro insists on it, he buys the tix then tells me). It'll be about 50-60,000, a poor crowd, they'd expect capacity, 80,000.

Sad thing is, I would've been going both Fri and Sat, but the Warriors stuffed that up.

Beave, have you been to any memorable games there? And what's the stadium latest in Ch.Ch? Surely a Dunedin-style roof is the go.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
All the games I have been to there have been pretty good ones mate, 7 grand finals, the Origin when that streaker ran on, a week 2 finals match between Eels and Dogs that was 50k plus, and an Anzac Day Roosters/Dragons clash. Atmosphere wise for me 2008 will never be beaten

No closer on the stadium front here. Lancaster Park being bulldozed at the end of the year, a lot of greats times and memories at that joint. Is a bit of noise about a 30,000 covered stadium but the minority groups always make a lot of negative noise about it so who knows what will happen

Blair

Coach
Watched the highlights of last night's game.
Dogs defense was a shambles, Morris boys seem to want to run out of the line a lot.
I say Des is on the nose, the half time chat looked like something we need, but it probably won't work.

Is Des our man? I dunno know. The game might've past him by.

Latest posts