What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 24 2017 - NRL General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Knights against Storm, on paper it appears to be a foregone conclusion but the Knights still have something to say this season. They lose this one, in front of their loyal fans at home, and the 2017 Wooden Spoon is nearly theirs.

Raiders playing for their season on Sunday against Penrith, I expect them to win. Why? For starters because of the way they blew those two competition points against the same opposition in rd 14 at Bathurst. Two tries in the final 90 seconds, the implosion of the year, and, as a Warriors fan, that's saying something!

Blair

Coach
Gee, the Titans seem in an off-field mess. Hayne thinking he's calling the shots? The media's on the Titans this week, Warriors off the hook.

I've lost the line on Konnie, he's been injured for a while?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Konnie made a big run against someone and at the end of it tore his hammy, might be back in the next couple of weeks

Only watched a little bit of it last night, game didn't really interest me too much. They have to blow up the bunker though, it is absolutely pathetic and a waste of a massive amount of money. Stevie Wonder could see at least 2 knocks on from semi and they still award the try

JJ

Immortal
Warriors will always be off the hook media-wise as the Aussies don't care, and our league journalists get all defensive of any critique - I guess protective of league given the union fans history of bashing it...

But yeah, who's the biggest cluster f**k atm the Titans or Warriors? Both in theory have the potential to turn it around quickly, guess it depends on how deep the rot is at each joint - given that until recently the Titans have actually put in solid 80 min performances and shown character, it might be us - then Doyle says we're losing by less on average lol so who knows

JJ

Immortal
Titans have had a horrific injury toll this season which clubs in the middle area of the comp can't afford
Yes, they have, but that's starting to be overlooked by the media given the player(s)-coach rift

I still like them a lot, they have a good pack, and some young talent in the backs - and of course Hayne

Gee, the Titans seem in an off-field mess. Hayne thinking he's calling the shots? The media's on the Titans this week, Warriors off the hook.

I've lost the line on Konnie, he's been injured for a while?
Threw them a hail Mary tip thinking Hayne would have a blinder after critisim all week, bastard pulled out with an ankle injury.
As for media reports, where there is smoke there is always fire.

Hard to believe Eels sitting 3rd(live ladder) on paper very similar to us, maybe a few bigger forwards.
And the obvious quality of coach.

JJ

Immortal
[QUOTE="Philip_Smith007, post: 12408280, member: 13832"
As for media reports, where there is smoke there is always fire.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily the media are a joke in ALL respects, and an unfunny one

JJ

Immortal
Shit just watched Melbourne and now the Roosters, imagine we didn't have the sweetest draw and had played a really good team in recent weeks, 60+ would be on the cards

What happens when ball stripped in action of scoring a try? Ball considered lost or is it live as long as no infringement by team that gets advantage or double infringement?

Cows attempting to score, stripped in action of scoring try by Sharks, didn't see any other issue, that's all they looked at, nothing past the strip. Called lost.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
[QUOTE="Philip_Smith007, post: 12408280, member: 13832"
As for media reports, where there is smoke there is always fire.
Not necessarily the media are a joke in ALL respects, and an unfunny one[/QUOTE]

Correct about the media, absolute scum of the earth

Look at how hard there are a few certain journos are going for Manly the past few years, every year trying to pin shit on us, and nothing comes of it. ASADA, put up front and centre from day 1, nothing in it. Match fixing, front and centre again, cleared. The latest is the salary cap, every story has been garbage and contradictory, nothing will come of it. The latest today was an article on a fella that is looking at a long stint inside for drug charges, first paragraph of the article completely concentrated on how he was a sponsor of Manly in the mid 2000s and apparently hooked the players up with drugs and hookers

Will never forget the disgusting shit they printed on Stewart, he got over half a million out of them for printing blatant lies, but his reputation was shot afterwards

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Newies loss means the Warriors cannot get the spoon. We've never had it! A proud record.

Something to celebrate for the season !! After 2 weeks I thought we were heading that way too, having never won a spoon in any grade, our 20s have run close a few times though

Blair

Coach
So two sorry league fans, one Chook, one Tiger, turned up at ANZ last night. They were on my carriage, too late to turn back, staring into phones, so no chance for me to say anything.

You should've seen their bewilderment when they walked up into the concourse...

Someone soon put them right, "No, you want ALLIANZ!"

Blair

Coach
Manly fans will be sweating on today's game v Dogs. My impression is that the Eagles have been cruising to a top 4-5 finish at least. But no, they can finish ninth quite easily.

It'll be like a semi out there today, but with stuff-all Manly supporters at that 'Westie hellhole', Olympic Stadium. If they don't turn up, as expected, then they deserve to lose.

I know my nerves couldn't handle these tight finishes to the season. It's lucky the Warrior carnies have packed up the show early and moved on. The rides weren't even much fun this year either, a bit creaky and defective even, and the usual candy floss and fluffy toys they hawked didn't make up for that.

jaseg

Juniors
Any chance we can recruit some of storms Qld cup players????

Jeremy Hawkins is so far ahead of Kata it isn't funny. And that's just the first guy that comes to mind... they've got 2 teams full of them... (not all are great though)

Newies loss means the Warriors cannot get the spoon. We've never had it! A proud record.

Don't worry, if Kearney is still here next year we'll break that record. Nothing surer.