What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 5 Eels vs The Mighty Raiders game day thread

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What are the rules around this shitty 'hit of the week' competition that no-one gives a f**k about?

Do they specify that the hit needs to be legal?

Do they profess to be the eyes and ears of the NRL judiciary?

Are there not greater injustices to be 'mock outraged ' about?

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought he hit him front on anyway tbh....can you shoulder charge a bloke with your chest?

Happy MEel

First Grade
What are the rules around this shitty 'hit of the week' competition that no-one gives a f**k about?

Do they specify that the hit needs to be legal?
No good point. My original mock outrage stemmed from the tackle itself but now I'm equally aggrieved at this lack of clarification.
Do they profess to be the eyes and ears of the NRL judiciary?
Well the NRL judiciary seemingly lack functioning eyes and ears so it couldn't hurt.
Are there not greater injustices to be 'mock outraged ' about?
Unlikely. I'm justifiably riled up.
Still love you though MEely.
The feelings mutual

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Youve changed your tune. You reckoned this mob is a Top 4 team with the addition of just a half.
No, I just thought it was possible.

poppin1.gif

Chipmunk

Coach
Speech @Chipmunk speech !

Although I will concede that the addition of Moses was the major contributing factor in us making the Top 4, the way the team was playing back in Round 5, had Brown not emerged into not only a starting middle forward but a virtual 80 minute middle forward, allowing our other weak players in the team to hardly be on the field and had Jennings not moved to the right side to shore up the right side defence and give us a "target man" on either side of the field, then I still don't believe we would've made the Top 4.

Neither of those tactical changes should he underestimated in the influence of the turnaround in our season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A dribbler on this forum once said,

'Don't go crowing about getting a guess right pal. It just makes you look like an amateur'.

You got one right Pou. It was bound to happy eventually. Good for you.
The only time I make guesses is in the season prediction thread, and when tipping winners.

I thought it was obvious Norman was struggling under the pressure of being the only half. And our kicking game was putting our forwards on the back foot nearly every week. Getting another halfback was always going to fix that.

Although I will concede that the addition of Moses was the major contributing factor in us making the Top 4, the way the team was playing back in Round 5, had Brown not emerged into not only a starting middle forward but a virtual 80 minute middle forward, allowing our other weak players in the team to hardly be on the field and had Jennings not moved to the right side to shore up the right side defence and give us a "target man" on either side of the field, then I still don't believe we would've made the Top 4.

Neither of those tactical changes should he underestimated in the influence of the turnaround in our season.

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe we're in the Top 4 (and = 2nd on points). I guess it's because, other than Melbourne the rest of the teams aren't too consistent.