What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9 2017 - NRL General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The season's slipping away for some teams, most notably the Panthers, who many people tipped for great things this year. Facing the Broncos up there on a Thursday night is probably the last place they'd want to be right now.

How fast does the season go? Round nine already, such a long off-season, with all the talk and anticipation, and the season just flies by.

If the Tigers knock over the Sharks on Sat night then Cleary's a genius, and we're dopes.

Last edited:
The season's slipping away for some teams, most notably the Panthers, who many people tipped for great things this year. Facing the Broncos up there on a Thursday night is probably the last place they'd want to be right now.

How fast does the season go? Round nine already, such a long off-season, with all the talk and anticipation, and the season just flies by.

If the Tigers knock over the Sharks on Sat night then Cleary's a genius, and we're dopes.
Now ticking over 1/3 regular season!

vvvrulz

Coach
Panthers are dead, along with the Knights and the Titans. We are not far off either tbh, another loss and I think that's it

Blair

Coach
Panthers are dead, along with the Knights and the Titans. We are not far off either tbh, another loss and I think that's it

It's quite exhilarating watching the Panthers in full flow.

However, it's also a reminder that a side can have all the attacking flair and natural talent in the world but if they don't get the other things right -
  • solid defence,
  • organisation,
  • on-field communication,
  • making the right plays at the right time,
  • not falling off tackles,
  • not passing to no one,
  • basic errors,
  • basic errors at exactly the wrong time like when they're on a roll and need points to stay in the game,
  • players (perhaps) not listening to their coach,
  • undue pressure on the coach's position from backroom heavies,
  • young 'stars' believing their own hype,
  • etc etc,
- then it's all downhill and rather pointless.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Manly are the real deal this season, or at least the competition dark horses.

Currently 30-2, not even half-time.

Souths look shot. Souths fans either booing their own players or, most likely, the officials.

Played at SFS, so naturally very few Manly fans!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Taupau is the key man at the moment, career best form that hopefully he carries on next week

Nice run with injuries at the moment combined with Taupau, Lawrence, Fonua-Blake always going forward, Green doing exactly what we signed him for allowing DCE to find his best form again and the special abilities of the brothers along with Walker, and when on we are hard to beat. Thing I like the most is the style, plenty of ball movement to keep the opposition guessing. 1/5 at home and 4/4 away, crazy stuff, consistency is the worry, will finish somewhere between 6-10 I think

In another 3-4 years the next Trbojevic will be through, can't wait to see him go

JJ

Immortal
The Knights were dead before the season started... I think everyone else us still in the top 8 mix, it sure why you'd pronounce us still alive and the Titans and Panthers out...

Panthers are shocking at the moment, but their talent is huge so they could go on a run. As for the Titans, so much to like about what they do every week

Blair

Coach
Melbourne doing a job on the would-be contenders the Dragons.

Vunivalu = incredible wing play.

If the Storm can avoid playing their nemesis, the Sharks, in the grand final then it's goodnight nurse.

I've always been a fan.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Knights were dead before the season started... I think everyone else us still in the top 8 mix, it sure why you'd pronounce us still alive and the Titans and Panthers out...

Panthers are shocking at the moment, but their talent is huge so they could go on a run. As for the Titans, so much to like about what they do every week

The Titans just need to win enough games to stay in touch until they get their cattle back and I see them going on a charge. They're just undermanned right now.

Something is rotten in Penrith, I suspect the coaching. Griffin may be Matt Elliott mk2.

the Knights are improving but still a season off being competitive.