What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: EELS v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Fortress Commbank 26/05/23

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its cant be good for players when the club buys unknowns to our systems like Davey and Joffa and they jump the queue and are preferred to those in the system.
They're not unknowns. There is plenty of footage and statistical data on them. Davey even spent a couple of years at our club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Totally, he might need a reg or jnr to play longer minutes one game but then let them play fewer in subsequent games
He already does this. Paulo has played 48 minutes or less thrice this year (when we flogged the Bulldogs and Knights, and when we got belted by the Broncos) and he played 72 minutes when we smashed the Bunnies. It's horses for courses. He doesn't play the same number of minutes every week. RCG's minutes have ranged from 52 (vs Dogs) to 68 (vs Chooks).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just got a chance to watch the game at home after only seeing it live at the game on Friday night.
Just wanted to give props to Russell, who I haven't heard much talk about over the weekend. He did a lot of great work coming out of our own end with some tough runs (and got a few quick play-the-balls as well which our back three rarely do). Was unlucky not to get one more try. Did well under the high ball as well.
I thought it was his best game by a fair margin, and that includes the game where he scored a first half hat-trick and then had a rest, the weak merkin.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Season 2 Episode 6 GIF by Portlandia

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe they should protect Greig from burnout by only playing him for 12 minutes?

He is young. I'd be more thinking in games where results decided you rest your older more influential and experienced forwards. They are at peak and are not improving. Why risk injury.
Where Grieg would only benefit from longer minutes and more exposure to NRL.

I've mentioned this before. Forwards need 50 games to get up to speed generally. Atleast 25 to be close. Most players do but backs can kind of get away with learning and not standing out as much with a poor performance or being up to speed.
Halves is another story. A lot depends on the type of game they play. It took Moses 7yrs to build his game to what it is now. Even Nathan took about 3yrs.

TheRam

Coach
He is young. I'd be more thinking in games where results decided you rest your older more influential and experienced forwards. They are at peak and are not improving. Why risk injury.
Where Grieg would only benefit from longer minutes and more exposure to NRL.

I've mentioned this before. Forwards need 50 games to get up to speed generally. Atleast 25 to be close. Most players do but backs can kind of get away with learning and not standing out as much with a poor performance or being up to speed.
Halves is another story. A lot depends on the type of game they play. It took Moses 7yrs to build his game to what it is now. Even Nathan took about 3yrs.

He knows all this, he is just doing his trolling sh*t again.

Don't get sucked into it. He is probably half way through his giant sized vasso jar and smeared from head to toe right now. One or two more post responses and he will go off like like the Kiama blow hole. Then get Fido to lick him down.

Don't enable the old fool.