What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Souths live game day thread 14/6/18

Gronk

Staff member
What was it, 750k for a fat overpriced average first grader??? People are carrying on like we signed Arthur Beetson or Glen Lazarus.

Jnr was in Fittlers NSW Squad in Feb.

The unexpected success of both STG & Bunnies packs pushed him down the pecking order, Fittler said.

I dare say they same about Moses with Cleary and also (after the last month) Adam Reynolds.

IFR33K

Coach
Jnr was in Fittlers NSW Squad in Feb.

The unexpected success of both STG & Bunnies packs pushed him down the pecking order, Fittler said.

I dare say they same about Moses with Cleary and also (after the last month) Adam Reynolds.

Regardless of where he is in the pecking order, he’s been paid like an elite prop since he quit the eels. Has he performed like one?

Bazal

Post Whore
Regardless of where he is in the pecking order, he’s been paid like an elite prop since he quit the eels. Has he performed like one?

Lol name an elite prop on what Junior is under the new cap.

Aaron Woods is on 900 odd grand ffs. Klemmer is allegedly on 800k or so.

Paulo is currently around 600 and we have signed him for around 700. That's 150k more than Pure Plod Packer and 100k more than that slob Shannon Boyd went to the Titans for.

IFR33K

Coach

Paulo is currently around 600 and we have signed him for around 700. That's 150k more than Pure Plod Packer and 100k more than that slob Shannon Boyd went to the Titans for.

I don’t know, you seem to have all the answers like always. Woods has achieved much more than Paulo to date. Don’t even mention Klemmer and Paulo in the same sentence. Packer has been the rock of the tigers pack, thus far, a team many predicted for the spoon. All those 3 players are quality players (I know woods is down on form), who produce decent minutes too.

I sure as hell hope jnr improves us, but as of last night my expectations aren’t high.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don’t know, you seem to have all the answers like always. Woods has achieved much more than Paulo to date. Don’t even mention Klemmer and Paulo in the same sentence. Packer has been the rock of the tigers pack, thus far, a team many predicted for the spoon. All those 3 players are quality players (I know woods is down on form), who produce decent minutes too.

I sure as hell hope jnr improves us, but as of last night my expectations aren’t high.

Lol. All the answers? You're asking things that are common knowledge, more like.

Paulo is the tier below elite, and his money reflects that. He's a world above a useless prick like Packer and his money isn't much more. Fact is props are the new big money earners.

For a few seasons now (since Paulo left, actually) some folks have been saying we need to realise that and splash money on quality attacking props. Now that we've done that people are whinging that we've spent too much. The only gamble on Paulo is whether we can get him back to his Pre-Sticky fitness levels

Dibs

Bench
How about not name a couple of players anywhere and claim they have niggling injuries.
i think this would happen except the truth would get out when a player spills the beans because he is pissed he isn’t getting a game and has to pretend he is injured

Didn't we credit that full-on training session for turning our season around? Maybe we should go back to that, with everyone bashing the shit out of each other. It could help us lift again, or cripple a few blokes. Either way it's a win.

Gronk

Staff member
i think this would happen except the truth would get out when a player spills the beans because he is pissed he isn’t getting a game and has to pretend he is injured

We need to sort them out then.

230c788536be897564669b3e7efcd65b.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to argue with any of this. BA only seems to be interested in bargain buys. One semi final series in 5 years just doesn’t cut it.

that's pretty funny because we have so much cap space available and TPAs but hey, just for shits and giggles we wont spend it

How hard is it to get on a f**king plane that's going to the place you need to be? Jeezus. I'm not even sure we can afford to drop another game now.

forward pass

Coach
Come on BA. Time to stop pissing around and make some tough decisions. Enough is enough. You are now embarrassing yourself with some of your selections.

Get Hayne out of the f**king centres. Complete and utter waste. He has to be fullback.
Get Gutho out of the halves. At the moment his best position for us is in the centres - even though long term he is our fullback.
Please realise Cam King offers nothing. Why did he play the majority last night? He seems like a champion bloke Kingy, but he just isn't good enough.
Norman's time is up. He is terrible now.
Spend cap money on a goal kicking five-eighth with a decent general kicking game. Our Kicking game including shots on goal is f**king embarrassing.
Taka is probably best suited to the forwards, but seriously, give him a game or two at Wenty until he learns to pull his f**king finger out.
French - to the wing - only because we don't have too may options.
Copy other teams in the comp. When given penalties in range, they are all taking the two. We refuse to because we seem to have some some misguided faith that we can score tries. Ha. We can't. If any side should be taking two points on offer - its this one.
Reconsider your decision to make Kidwell our defence coach. Make a tough call because it appears to not be working.

We are inept at defending our edges, attacking inside the 20, kicking in general play, goal kicking, defending kicks, quick play the balls, running from dummy half and chasing kicks. I am trying to think of what we are good at .... give me time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hard to argue with any of this. BA only seems to be interested in bargain buys. One semi final series in 5 years just doesn’t cut it.

To his defense 2016 we make it if not stripped. 2014 we dam should of. Could be 3/5.

hindy111

Post Whore

Its a risk yes but one we had to take. I dont see the issue. He will be in his peak years on around 700k. Id say there are guys less risky to purchase but perhaps not as high rewards. There isnt exactly 10 high quality props on market going for unders.

robert gower

Juniors
to be fair a 5 day turn around + a flight from Darwin against the top team in the comp we had a good first half a couple of bad calls from the refs & a defense that was too compressed ok the second half was sad to see

hindy111

Post Whore
to be fair a 5 day turn around + a flight from Darwin against the top team in the comp we had a good first half a couple of bad calls from the refs & a defense that was too compressed ok the second half was sad to see

And missing Moses,Kaysa,K.Edwards,Tepai Moera,T rex,Beau Scott......

Latest posts